This is a big problem devs you are losing people!

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Puppet Master, Oct 16, 2021.

1. Puppet Master New Player

this game review is from Aug 28, 2021 it is recent with 217,760 views 648K subscribers. when you watch you see how he points out that the highlight of the game for him was the open world pvp. he did not care much for anything else except the open world pvp. This player did not even make it past level 15 like most people who play the game. you devs have no clue what you are doing and we are sick of you. we need new devs, that is the only way to fix pvp.
    • Like x 3
  2. BƖack Dedicated Player

What we need is another company. Imagine if Blizzard would lead DCUO
  3. Harlequin Devoted Player

I would be fine with that because the game would still be subscription based w/o any of this f2p microtransaction garbage, it would have constant significant content and system updates, would not have used a constant source of power creep as the foundation of its progression system and might have actually been promoted and advertised properly.

It would have also been cancelled about seven years ago due to poor performance if it had followed the same financial path.

Regarding Peon's video, if you can watch his review and come away with the idea that he says the game is worthless because pvp is broken, you have the comprehension skills of a turnip.
    • Like x 4
  4. NorthernYahoo New Player

If you think this thread is about this kind of minutiae and not about the sorry state of Pvp, you have the comprehension skills of a turnip.
  5. Harlequin Devoted Player

I was responding to the attempted arguments made by the OP. He presented Peon's review as proof that pvp is causing the loss of new players. That is patently false and should be plainly evident to anyone who actually watched the video.

Black mentioned Blizzard and I responded by providing a couple of examples of how their management of the game might have differed from SOE/DB/DI's handling of DCUO. If they meant to use Blizzard's management of pvp in WoW as an example of how it should be in DCUO, that is completely valid. Blizz totally splits pvp progression from pve, both with talents and gear. I still contend that the built-in power creep inherent to DCUO's core progression through the feats = power system completely prevents any meaningfully balanced pvp gameplay. That is a mistake that Blizzard might have made at first but would have assuredly rectified as evidenced by the several major overhauls to WoW's progression systems over the years.

If players want there to be balanced, competitive pvp gameplay in DCUO, they should lean in to Legends. Heavily. It is the only game system that does not suffer from the same fundamental imbalance caused by SP power creep. I believe the basis of Legends could be used to build a balanced, competitive pvp system by creating pvp-only skill trees using a set amount of SP that is the same for everyone so players can use their own characters and powerset choices. They should also bring back the RPS mechanics as part of that type of overhaul.

Simply screaming "pvp is broken!" at the top of your lungs at the nearest brick wall will accomplish precisely nothing. Make specific, meaningful suggestions that build upon already existing systems to the devs and you might see some change.
    • Like x 2
  6. Operation Failure Well-Known Player

There's only so much we the players can suggest until a Dev decides they're ready for suggestions. Bringing back the rps system was definitely already suggested. I just pray we don't go onto another 5 years before we get a chance to enjoy pvp again.
  7. Lucerne Active Player

At this point and given the minimal level of care, the devs need to START by making quests with rewards.

There is literally no reason atm to ever q for pvp other than a futile search for feats, because no playerbase at any given time.

Fix that by
    1) at least x1 source mark per match
    2)Quests, daily or weekly for source marks or other desirable rewards
    3)If the devs can bother, fix stuff like glitched queues or balance.
    • Like x 1
  8. Drathmor Unwavering Player

pvp open world is dead

and has been dead since they started adding episodes were the starting point for the zone was the same for both heroes and villain's

I lived in PVP world for years and combined zones killed it if you go to hall of doom in PVP world its a ghost town its like having your very own league hall of the watch tower or hall of doom. its very sad as i miss open world PVP.
    • Like x 1
  9. Befuzin New Player

Ah, the LazyPeon. I remember his review of The Secret World in which he made such a fool out of himself that I haven't watched another one of his videos.
    • Like x 3
  10. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Exactly, it is literally your own $30 base in Hall of Doom PvP phase, those days will be missed indeed.
    • Like x 1
  11. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

This would be interesting to see what they would do, but isn't there different departments on who works on what? I just dont get it there should be a department for Developers who works on PvP and PvE, are those shoes filled or does that have something to do with some of the Developers leaving.
  12. Stan lee New Player

The review is accurate. I don't bother reading their so called updates because you know there's never gonna be any for pvp.
  13. Lara Committed Player

PvE was always the main focus on the game, PvP was just an idk how to call it Extra? PvP comunity got to toxic anyways im glad this is gone.
  14. Operation Failure Well-Known Player

yes pvp was definitely the "only" thing that was toxic in this game and that's why it shouldn't be bothered. Let's ignore when the casual and hardcore pve players have heated debates on what content should be like right? It's understandable to not want to pvp for its toxicity, but c'mon let's not act like the pve side is any better. There will always be those certain players who are toxic and there will always be players who play to have fun challenging each other. If there's someone being toxic towards you just add them to ignore and continue having fun.
    • Like x 1
  15. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

People like you unfortunately is another reason why I don't believe PvP would ever see the light of day again, many people like you place the word toxicity in the hands of PvP, when logically speaking that is people aka the player base of the game, what players decides to run has nothing to do with their attitudes and how they conduct themselves.:rolleyes:
  16. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

That person isn't a veteran nor does he know what he's talking about. How can you make a review video of a game that's been up for 10 years when he couldn't even get passed level 15. He hasn't even scratched the surface. You want to play in open-world pvp then be my guest. The player base is higher in pve than it is pvp but PVP is still there to those who decide to play. I'm astonished as to how he has that much subscribers and views but isn't giving a correct review but because he has that many subscribers his community base will see it as he's right and deter other players from trying out this game soley because he stopped at level 15 and cares only about PVP.
  17. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I see a lot of pvp players outside of the police station.
  18. BƖack Dedicated Player

You and your attitude are one of the reasons why pvp is in this state. Not all pvp players are toxic...
    • Like x 2
  19. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

I think he meant PvP phase, that's actually completely empty lol.
    • Like x 1
  20. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Pvp phase is dead but not pve phase pvping lol
    • Like x 1