This could be fun

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by The Lone Stranger, Jan 14, 2014.

1. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

For those of you who don't already know and hate me...

I started as free to play
    I liked the game, and got a sub.
    I got more and more frustrated with certain changes, quit having fun, dropped my sub, and rarely log on now.

I got to thinking about what might help make the game more fun...
    How about this:

When there is not an event going on, have a chance for a random "special" mission that day.
    2% Mon - Thur, and 5% Fri - Sun chance of seeing this. So, it's not every day. In fact, it's kind of rare... Also, 1 random hero and 1 random villain each day. Respawnning, naturally, but you can do it only once without spending replays.

Then, take the existing bounties, both the ones that used to be pre-lvl 30 and the CC bounties, and upgrade them as follows: (I've played hero more, so my examples are from that perspective)

1: When you log in that day, you get a message like during the seasonal events. For example: "Oracle here, Solomon Grundy's causing problems! Can you help deal with him?"

2: Change the locations to show these are the new versions: "Solomon Grundy's causing problems in Metropolis!"
    Other bounties found in Gotham City, such as Killer Frost, the Trickster, Heatwave, and others, will have their upgraded versions in Metropolis.
    Bounties found in Metropolis, such as Bizarro, Arkillo, Captain Cold, the Top, and others, will have their upgraded versions in Gotham City.
    Keying into the Event page will show the general area on your map, as with CC bounties when they were in Gotham and Metro.

3: Upgrade the bounties.
    CC Bounty Captain Cold's attack reduces a CR 53 Tank's Health by X%, the same attack should be set to reduce a CR 90 Tank's Health by X+1%.
    A CR 53 DPS's attack reduces his health by Y%, then a CR 90 DPS's attack should reduce the upgraded Captain Cold's health by Y-1%.
    Also: 50% of the time, this is all that's necessary...
    10% of the time, he is more vulnerable to a Tank's aggro. A good tank can hold aggro and keep him preoccupied while teammates get to hit him.
    10% of the time, he is vulnerable to CC Stuns, Pulls, Pushes, and such. Dom requirement would be the same as the Dom needed to CC the average T5 add.
    10% of the time, one of his single target attacks will be a 1-shot kill UNLESS he is attack debuffed.
    10% of the time, all attacks against him do only half damage unless he is defense debuffed.
    10% of the time, he has an enrage timer that will change his attack to that 1-shot kill that cannot be debuffed if he isn't down before he enrages.
    This system will make ALL roles necessary (I added nothing for healers, but any group running without a healer is just asking to wipe, imo), with a random determination and no way to know which you get until you're fighting!

4: Rewards: Marks: Because this is open-world, virtually anyone can jump in and try to help (usually getting killed quickly) so Marks depend upon the CR of the player...
    less than level 30, 1 MoT.
    CR able to buy Tier 1: same MoT drop as a T1 raid.
    CR able to buy Tier 2: same MoT drop as a T2 raid.
    CR able to buy Tier 3: same MoT drop as a T3 raid.
    CR able to buy Tier 4: same MoT drop as a T4 ALERT.
    CR able to buy Tier 5: same MoT drop as a T5 DUO.

5: Drops: a fairly small list to keep it interesting:
    Tier weapons : Attuned "What? I got a 1h Tank weapon when I'm a Healer using a Bow?" YES. Can't make it too easy or no one will want to run repeatedly. But, by having weapons of the appropriate tier drop, running these will at least give you another chance to get that weapon you want!
    Exceptional Recovery Kit
    Rare Base Items tied to feats only (to keep the list small, but have something annoying in it)
    Plans based on Tier.

6: When T6 comes out, upgrade to T6 difficulty. Then award T6 as a Duo, T5 as an alert, and T4 and below as raids. Keep upgrading as new tiers are released to keep it interesting.

7: IF it is successful, other enemies could be worked into the location.

Opinions?
    Or, more ideas for variations to make roles necessary and make it more fun?
    • Like x 7
  2. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

Guess not many people think it would be fun...

Either that or TL;DR.
  3. Fruity Reaper New Player

I like the idea of a special mission but the bounties are like Toyman, once they are done they are done unless a low level needs help.

I would suggest one hero/villain (depending on faction) invades a random location in either city maybe couple times a week at peak times, with relevant minions/sidekicks that would require a buttload of players to beat - with rewards applicable of course - it would introduce a fresh open world team playing element and shouldn't be too much work to do surely...
  4. Fentonian Well-Known Player

I like the idea, but I would worry about the functionality of it. We all know that the PS3 has gone from saviour of DCUO to the red headed stepchild of the game. Anything in open world is going to cause major problems. With each addition to the game things get worse. As a PS3 player the chances are I would be either be dead, or the bounty would be already taken care of, long before the bounty even rendered for me :(
  5. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

I like that idea.
    I'm just trying to come up with something to change the daily grind with as little work as possible: That's why I suggested recycling the bounties: Just up the stats for the most part.
    But I'd really like to see Deathstroke, and a few others, ya know?
    • Like x 1
  6. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

Again, by trying to keep it simple, I am hoping it wouldn't be that much of a problem.
    Bigger and better may have to wait, but the random (who will it be and when will it happen) could give some variation to the current grind.

Hopefully, the similarities to what's already there would indicate that this would work on PS3.
  7. Eternal New Player

I would like something like a daily bounty for regular and CC bounties. It would encourage people to do a few more of these. A bit more variability in their setup would also be very much appreciated.
    After gearing up an alt of every power to CR70 solely PUGing has shown me just how much of a nightmare it is to form a group for these. I would back absolutely anything to get people running these things.
    • Like x 1
  8. DivineSire Dedicated Player

To have a random bounty pop up every so often and only offered to a random select few players per appearance would be ok.
  9. Black House New Player

How about we use the iconic heroes and villians from FANBOY, and MORE THAN YOU COULD CHEW instead? Perhaps once a weeek they dont run away and they make a "world event" ..you get x amount of notice to get a group and get to the location to have a chance of entering the battle..the rewards should be rare items only either cosmetic or fuctional unattuned and based on CR.
    • Like x 1
  10. Derio 15000 Post Club

Open world content. Thats bad for ps3, have you seen the number of ps3 disconnects in 1 run of Dawn, no vote no. Perhaps if it were a private instance then yes, but open world, PS3 users would only complain more about DC.
  11. Kroye Loyal Player

That would be really fun. I love open world content - the more, the better!
  12. DivineSire Dedicated Player

Think of it kind of like a lottery where every so often the computer or devs send random players a group invite to meet for a bounty that is only accessible to those invited. Could be open or a "secret meeting at this location" type deal!!