Thinking of returning after 2 years

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Bferrel1, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Bferrel1 New Player

hey guys!

Lately Ive been thinking of returning to the game 2 years after quitting. I left my main char (pc) with 175 cr and 204 sp, do you believe is it worth coming back ? From my latest experience most parties were very keen on asking for players.with enough sp to carry their own weight on the end of the game content (fair enough), so is it possible for someone with just over 200 sp to run end of game content nowadays? Is it still such a big deal? What sp is the minimum aceptable?

I was also thinking about starting over in ps4 since it is much more confortable than playing on pc and if the sp dont really matter I might just do that... Appreaciate any insight!
    • Like x 1
  2. (EU PC) WyckedGamesTTV Level 30

I returned a few months ago after a 2 year break, on a new account (missed the SOE/Prosebien to Daybreak transfer).

I am now at 193 SP and holding my own in Elite Crown raids, though lowest deeps usually. Most of my success there has been due to getting my augments and artifacts into a good place.

Tbh, the game is a lot of fun these days, and groups tend to be somewhat forgiving on low SP in most content, as long as you don't act like a twonk and mess up mechanics habitually.

I'd say give it a go, maybe sub for a month (great time to do it is now, as JLD is around the corner), Event versions help gear up, so you can do the episodes or skip any you hate grinding.
  3. Terri Ashra Committed Player

Well I came back in January after deleting the game and my characters in 2014 and am t8 with almost 150 so. Noone really cares about the sp, I've had to solo a few duos and alerts but in general it's been smooth sailing. For the most part most of the people are either over leveled, leveling or incompetent so adjust accordingly. Give it a shot. It's pretty fun

Protip if you have to solo the silent school or the demons hand, shield up and use mass shadow concoctions and a sidekick/pet
  4. Zneeak Devoted Player

With 200+ SP you are definately in a good spot considering your stated CR. As you keep playing content within the tiers up to end-game, you'll be able to rack up a good amount if you apply yourself a little. SP is probably your least concern considering the stats and bonuses involved with Augments, Core augments in latest end-game episodes and the various Artifacts. You're going to find yourself lacking compared to others if you don't work on those.
  5. Terri Ashra Committed Player

Yeah I agree with zneeak Focus on gearing up first, pour into your augments then when you reach the end game level your artifacts