These high cr guys

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by algiz99, Feb 6, 2015.

1. DarkNovaBlaze Dedicated Player

While everyone has the right to queue into whatever instance they want with any CR, overgeared players steamrolling through low tier content is one reason why there are so many bad endgame players who are inexperienced at their roles even at 111+ CR.

Low tiered players who run raids and alerts with equally geared players actually have the chance to practice their roles and learn that they have to work as a team. If someone new is running T1, T2, T3 content and there's even one CR 100+ player in the group, everything will die so fast that healers won't need to heal, no one will need power, tanks will have nothing to do, and DPS won't even get to touch the enemies.

I don't know what the solution could be, but that's definitely a problem.
    • Like x 4
  2. High Troller Loyal Player

The impossible or ignorant go on ignore.
  3. K1d Martian Well-Known Player

For the leveling alerts how is it selfish? Unless they pre-form a group that's their only way in.
  4. GrandWonder Active Player

I prefer having 3-112 CRs with my newly created level 30 toon. Having 13 alts and playing since Day 1, my concern is levelling up fast and make that toon progress as fast as I can so it could do end game content.
    But I understand that it's ruining your experience especially if you're a new player.
    So my only suggestion is:
    Add an option where you can select a CR category when queing.
  5. VintageWine Dedicated Player

This is a copy & paste of my rant that I sent to a group of friends on here....seriously...stat clamping needs to be a thing

"Devs need to hurry up and make stat clamping a thing now for everything, a majority of people have that mindset that you should form your own groups with things, for starters, it isn't easy getting a group going for certain content, anything t4 and below can take a while to form, while t5+ doesn't take that long, another thing is that not everyone feels okay with excluding others, it's so damn annoying when things get one shot and people moan and groan how no one understands his/her role, when things get one shot there's not a chance to understand how the mechanics work, nor how to practice your role, which is why we need role based missions.

Not everyone listens to advice when it comes to doing content, especially those that think they know it all when they don't...which is why stat clamping needs to be a thing. I'm so frustrated."
    • Like x 2
  6. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

This was the result of an inexperienced dev team not understanding the complications they were creating for themselves and the future player base, as it happened. There are talks now of creating some alternate option that would allow stats to be 'clamped', or in other words, downscaled to a point that makes sense for the level of content that's being queued for. The talks seem to be centered on making this option secondary, and not something globally inforced through the game, which more than likely means that if you are going to opt into whatever option will add this, it'll likely mean you have to wait on players to queue up for the same content with the same optional setting enabled. The amount of players, at this point, that would enable these limiting features as opposed to those that simply want to be carried, would be few and far between. Those opting in to the feature will be waiting for a very long time, especially if you have the other option enabled that makes a half-***** attempt to form a group of balanced roles, which, for some idiotic reason, can be overwritten by the player queueing in if they so choose to ignore the server's request that they play the assigned role they were assigned.

It's a damaging, weak design that certainly isn't and hasn't done them any favors with publicity. What's more, people saying to form your own group are likely aware that the LFG group forming channel is primarily for top level content, with anybody requesting lower level content having to repeat the message broadcast for a hell of a long time before they get any results, or just quit out of frustration.

The short version; just deal with it. The feat of pissing off the majority 'carry me' player base has snipped the cajones from any dev that could otherwise make clamping a mandatory game-wide change that cannot be bypassed via standard queueing. The classic feel of the game's classic/legacy content is in shambles. Keep in mind that other issues, like going from level 1 to top CR in under a month is still possible, and it's actually more likely that you'll end up contributing to the same 'problem' through regular play, even if you aren't meaning to. I've seen players level early T1 duos because my character, before even doing anything in the mission, was observed to have a 'too high' CR. Just the same, i've seen fellow low CR characters enter content with my own, newly minted characters of equal CR leave the instance before doing anything, explaining later that they wanted a high CR to help them breeze through it. Game's too far gone, buddy. Let's just hope that whatever MMORPG Daybreak Studios decides to make in the future is more competent and aware of why clamping, a pretty popular mechanic used in more professionally made MMOs, is something you want to have.
  7. Crackin New Player

I ran into some carry me players on AB earlier. Low 90s Cr the whole crew. I thought of this thread and logged out since we can no longer excuse ourselves. I'm sure they all enjoyed the content much better than being carried through. This thread is helping already.
    • Like x 1
  8. Pa6aN88 New Player

I have got to get behind this thread. Algiz99, I totally agree...
  9. RageOfHeaven1990 New Player

Here's an idea to the thought of stat clamping.

For all players that have an issue with not being able to run through challenging content until you reach top tier because of us "High CR guys".

Devs (if you are reading this), make stat clamping an option (NOT A NECESSITY) much like the role optional alert tab, if players want to run challenging content with like minded people let it happen that way. However, don't force it on us.

In mostly every MMO at least every one I know you get stronger, you can do more stuff and faceroll low level stuff.

I for one would never run things like Oan science cell etc, if I couldn't just steamroll through it. You may ask why. Well my reason is this, the rewards for doing something like Oan is now virtually nothing in comparison to what we can currently do.
  10. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

doesnt matter if you play a game regardless if you look at it only as a hobby why not try to get good at it? that imo is a pathetic argument that ppl always use for being horrible at games.
  11. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

suure if your CR111 and still dont know you role (which there are ppl out like this) then sure NOTHING will help you, I repeat NOTHING will help those players.
  12. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I'm the best MAGNETOxxFirstClass on USPS. ;)

But it is easy to understand why many don't take playing a game very seriously.

Again...... playing games has no real world application. So just a passtime for pretty much everyone.

As for being horrible..... not every hockey players can be Alex Ovechkin.
    No matter how much Scott Gomez could try to get good.... he would never never never be as good as Ovechkin. Never. Heck he would never be in the same class as Ovechkin even if his life depended on it.

The same is true with lots of players.

As hard as you may wish for some players to be L33T UB3R PlaYazz...... not gonna happen with most players.

Sorry to bring you the bad news,

Some players will never be able to do the double tick.... or to tag a boss..... or heck...... just to keep the PoT running.... or the HoT running.

Sadly..... many will never be good players. Sad..... but that's how it is.

So either you make the game accessible to those players by making it easier.
    Or you make the game challenging and are prepared to lose those players.

The Devs want it both way. they want to make the game challenging..... but at the same time... they want those bad players to keep on paying for their subs.... and to keep on buying things in the MP.
    • Like x 1
  13. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Agreed.

By then..... if you don't know your role...... not sure why it would be expected that you will suddenly understand how to play your role all of a sudden.
  14. GrandWonder Active Player

DON'T FORCE STAT CLAMPING ON US.

Instead make it an OPTION.

I don't want to spend 30 minutes on a T1-T3 alert especially if I had ran it a combined hundred times on 13 alts.
  15. Biester New Player

Optional stat clamping would solve the issue for players such as the op and players who are high cr and are running lower-tiered instances for styles, collections, etc. They could add an option when queueing in which you choose whether you want to run the instance with your stats clamped or not. If you do choose to run the instance with your stats clamped, only other players who have also chosen this option will be grouped with you. I dont know if that is possible but I believe that would solve all issues between higher cr and lower cr players in instances.
    • Like x 1
  16. Celestial Demon Dedicated Player

I've tried running T1 in full Frozen Fury and the contribution out was WAY higher than anyone else there only because of weapon mastery and my skill points.

I felt so horrible that my test had "easy moded" 3 lv 27-34s through an instance, its why when I play on my 110 yellow lantern, I don't touch anything lower than Trigon's Prison and the OC alert/ops.

Wearing lower gear doesn't solve anything if you have near 100 sp that make you an infallible tank with a railgun as a weapon. Even if you DON'T use weapon mastery, your hits, healing, and power out are still far superior and make it too easy to fail or simulate a struggle that would better potential newbies in the instance for later content.
    • Like x 1
  17. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

you should reaaaally follow the games you play just saying ;)
  18. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

wait wait wait a damn moment so you think you have to be "L33T" to keep PoT up as a troll? Or even double tick in higher end content? Wow just wow...

Im sorry if your a troll and can not cast a power every 4.5 seconds then PLEASE DO NOT TROLL.
  19. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Thanks for distorting what I am saying.

No you do not have to be L33T to keep up PoT.

But something as simple as PoT or HoT is beyond the skill of some players.

Double tick is also beyond the skill of many players.
    Heck many do not even know that there IS such a beast as the double tick.

There are many Troll who cannot throw PoT. I can't count how many times I need to ask them to throw PoT when I am not the Troll.
    The same with Healers and HoT.
    The same with Tanks and telling them that it would be a good idea for them to jump into the fray first to get the aggro.

You do not need to be L33t to do all that.

But still.... doing all that is beyond the skill of many players...... and no matter how much you wish players would just magically get better.... I already mentioned enough examples in my previous post.

Go back and read it again more carefully.
  20. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

of course they dont know how to do their roles job, thats been the main grip of ppl in the community of ppl at end-game.

ppl end-game not knowing wtf their doing. Its all b/c ppl who never played through the game once do just like I just did get to CR101 in 4 days without the use of replays.

its pathetic to how fast you can get to end game with no replays being used doing it all alone no leagues helping ect.

thats why theres so many ppl CR110 ^ that still dont know what the hell PoT stands for but they are the controller role :eek: