These high cr guys

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by algiz99, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Solarverse2 New Player

Meh, I would have brought it up to a League Mate, somebody in the league I'm sure has heard of it, they would have said "optional" and I would have said "oh, no big deal then."

It is what it is, my man. "And now I know! And knowing is half the battle. Yo Joe!"
    • Like x 2
  2. Solarverse2 New Player

It's irrelevant since the Stat Clamping will be optional, but those games are Valiance Online and City of Titans. I'm Alpha testing one of them. Too early to say if it will be any good, no content yet, walking around maps, looking for bugs, fighting random, unspecific mobs...things like that. They were both created by old fans of City of Heroes. Kind of looking forward to their finished product.
  3. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I did not care about the start clamping part.... was just curious as to what other games we could expect.

Thanks for the info.
    • Like x 2
  4. High Troller Loyal Player

I remember Area 51 hard mode actually being hard. Inner Sanctum taking up to 4 hours at times. This helped me tremendously in developing survival skills. I feel for the OP. He's not able to experience what I've been through. Many of those 105+ folks never got to experience how hard content used to be. I support stat clamping. Bottom line.
    • Like x 5
  5. Chungweishan New Player

It's Allegedly Inevitable, but Stat Clamping is Bad
    I don't support Stat Clamping even if it was Optional. Mostly because I believe a very small percentage would actually opt to be clamped because of the normal mentality of, "I worked for these stats, why would I want to clamp them?" That's gravy if you want to help out new players that you might know, but for the most part players don't know each other, especially in PUGs, they don't care and just want to complete their own selfish goals whether it's Marks for Gear, a specific Style, some Feats, or better drops.

High CRs shouldn't mix with Low CRs unless they're Pre-formed
    I believe that players get better because of the challenge. So I understand why some players don't want high-CR players (even if they're the friendliest player around) in their group. They want to experience the struggle like the Veterans once did. It makes new players better veteran players.

Not Walk-Ins. "Force Start"
    Players are lazy. You can make Walk-In Transporters in front of their face, and they'll still use On-Duty Tab Queue. I figure if you don't want to wait for the queue and you already know your character is a solo-beast, just "Force Start" the mission regardless if it's a Solo, Duo, Alert, or Raid. You won't have to be clamped, you won't be playing amongst Low-CRs, unless you are one yourself.

Chat Tab/Room for Missions
    This might get complicated especially with the current User Interface, but it would be nice if each Mission had its own Chat Tab or Chat Room. At least then new players could have an idea of who actually wants to run any specific mission. It might lessen the clutter of the usual /LFG which is usually filled with folks trying to get into the latest DLC.

The whole "form your own group" is a selfish cop-out. You want brand new players, who barely know the game or the community, to somehow magically know the ins-and-outs of the game, setting up groups, and be in Leagues. Whereas a Veteran doing Style Runs more than likely already has a network of players they could ask to join him/her.

So you can thank yourselves why there are so many unskilled high-CR players ruining your end-game DLCs runs, why Stat Clamping is apparently happening for low-tier missions, and why the community seems so toxic.
    • Like x 2
  6. MrB Dedicated Player

People like you are funny. You complain when we high CR's get through content fast and complain when we actually let you do content at the rate it's supposed to be done.
    • Like x 1
  7. HazeTA New Player

The day stat clamping happens and we are given teleporters to all instances, how long before low CRs come here to QQ about not having high CRs to carry them any more and start asking in LFG to be quickly carried through a walk-in? I'd give it 5 minutes.
    • Like x 4
  8. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Not really man, just get on LFG and start looking for people.
  9. protecter of tomorrow Committed Player

I agree there is a lot of people who complain that high cr's take away the fun and learning of the game with fast runs even though they get their marks and gear. I also agree that when you do let them experience the content for themselves then they come on here and complain the content is way to hard and needs to be nerfed. Then look at what happens, EVERYTHING GETS NERFED. So again why should someone who has EARNED his RIGHT to be STRONG should be restricted or told to hold back. When they start to quit nerfing every content for the few who can't handle learning the game I can then maybe agree to have optional stat clamping. Until then suck it up and take the free ride when you get it or form your own group and add friends to help.
    • Like x 2
  10. ssvillae New Player

I thought that's what lfg are for? I hope they don't clamp stats I'll probably quit the game. I don't wanna have to go through hours just to do one mission I've struggled before because "the new level guys" doesn't know how to play their roles. I've been helping a friend level up and i have to constantly ask healers trolls to do their part in which I get no response simply because they don't know how the game works.
  11. The Aerovenger Dedicated Player

Dude... you need to watch what you say. It is completely out of order. I belong to this community. I pay to play this game and because I have reached end-game content, you want to ban me from low-level content???
    What you say may well be true and I sympathise, but YOU are inciting hatred and cr-discrimination in the DCUO community.

There are two options for your predicament.
    1) The devs grant players like me all the feats below T6 that apply to group content... I have only recently completed all styles below T4 and as you can see from my signature, I have done my fair share of low level feats; still some to go. So, I won't need to run low-content. A stat clamp is immoral for everyday content.

2) YOU use the LFG channel and request players with YOUR cr requirement. Perhaps, this is the easiest way. Also, ignore all players not of that tier - that is the obvious path you are going. It would be hypocritical to have 1 T6 in your T5 Dox group!

Next time, please thing before you start typing without thinking a matter through properly.
    • Like x 3
  12. ObsceneBoy Committed Player

Forgive me if this has been said, but I'd suggest a walk in to everything. The top end cr guys rarely run lower content for fun, it's for feats and styles and all that. I personally wouldn't want to go through the challenge of a t1 alert again just for a style that I may or may not get. Also, I would say I support the idea of optional stat clamping, optional being the main focus there.
    • Like x 1
  13. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Forming group from LFG for T1-T5 can be a challenge. You need a league with lower tier players. The thing is though that isn't even tougher.
  14. nogimmick New Player

exactly. these new players come in, join a league that will carry them up to T6 in the matter of days, then completely ignore all ccontent before that. sorry, but if i need a style piece out of somewhere i'm running that content until i get it and i don't care if they like it or not.
    • Like x 1
  15. algiz99 Active Player

Ok it looks like some of you guys are overreacting a bit. I'm not saying they don't have a right to be there but I was like in Bludhaven that ain't even cr 30 yet and there was a guy with a cr of 110+. It just seemed a little strange and it seemed to be happening a lot. I'm pretty sure at some point I myself might try a really low raid. Sometimes if the cr is really high it can stop a raid from dragging on too long.

At any rate it seems like a good idea to have a system were people with similar cr can join a raid
    • Like x 1
  16. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

you know what i made me a new character to, this morning actually around 5am I think.

I am already CR61, it takes ZERO effort to get high in CR anymore ZERO.

yea you run into high tiered people big whoop, iirc they payed their legendary membership no? Is what I dont get about all these people who come here complaining, you sit up and whine now but you'll do the exact same thing. Rather its for your self or for a friend/league-mate you'll do the exact same thing.

then when someone / IF someone says anything you'll have all kinds of excuses to justify your reasons for being there. Your no damn different then anyone else so stop the un-needed complaining already.
    • Like x 1
  17. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

nobody is ruining your fun BUT YOU
    • Like x 1
  18. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

its all who you play with and which server / faction ;)
  19. HersheyKiss New Player

Maybe u should stop complaining? I swear ive never seen a community that whines so much. High cr players have just as much right to run any content as u do. They pay their sub and have access to the whole game just like u do. U dont wanna run with em then shout in LFG and form your own group, its really that simple. But instead u come on here start this thread and complain. I dont want to be rude but i just dont understand it. If there is something u dont like then take some action to change it. And by take action i dont mean complain on the forums. No1 forces u to run with anyone. I just ran 2 lower level alerts to help a league mate, there was only 2 of us, so i had to lfg the 2 other people. Took a few mins but certainly wasnt hard to do. Learn to use the chat, its pretty easy.

I also want to say no1 is ruining anything. They are just playing the game. No1 is saying lets do this alert to ruin a lower level guys experience. The game has things we all dont like, but there are ways around some of those things and others u just have to deal with. U need to understand if u just randomly que instead of forming your own group then u have a chance to enter the instance with high level players. Either take that chance or form your own group.
    • Like x 2
  20. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

I do to game is to easy anymore perhaps by time ppl get to T6 their will KNOW how to PoT for crying out loud lol

ran LAB and the damn troll wasnt throwing PoT he was just spaming burst and WM.

and today on my alt Im building up, in FoS2 another troll wouldnt feed power at all

then after FoS I queued in FoS1 and 3 and got the same trash troll, in the 1st boss fight I was down to 25% power, so I just said F-it and stopped healing and told the troll "I love DCUO so FEED POWER"

hate people who play support roles and dont know wtf their doing by T3 ^, way I look at it is once you hit level 30 stop and look up guides on the power and role your going to play.