Theres no progression to beating raids anymore.

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by CrappyHeals, Aug 26, 2019.

1. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

We all in agreed here my bros, I always agreed that making content require progression would lead to players playing the game longer and attracting a more constant player base, as is the players come in smash through new content and that's it. Dox and Wave were amazing and the game felt at its peak, having to run through the solo then alert for gear to even be viable in the raid DC felt great at that time, but after years of pleading with Devs to repeat that process and then listening to the people here love this easy to beat mess we have now. I just accept it for what it is now.
  2. ALB Dedicated Player

Asking to have content that can't be beat the 1st day is impossible.
    1. Some players will figure out a way to beat it. When fos2 was released, some league's were in there for 9 hours. The Mmo's that's not beaten the 1st day have a time limit. DCUO don't have a timer on unbeaten content. The other Mmo's have a death penalty. DC you get picked up, and keep doing your thing. The artifact that only have a 15 minute timer make it even worse/better depending on your perspective.
    The main reason DC won't do it is because of replays. What the op is asking for take money out of daybreak pockets. Some players will replay the regular raids and then replay the elite, but most won't.
    I don't come to DC for a challenge. I come to enjoy the gameplay. Ik everyone don't feel that way
  3. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Actually they would sell more replays if the game had sone progression cause people would be replaying things to gear up for the raids faster. And hey if someone did beat the raid first day that means they spent replays and put the time in and I’m ok with that. What I’m not ok with is just walking in with old gear and beating it in 30-40 min of the dlc dropping.

And if you don’t want a challenge that’s fine stick to reg or do elite when you have enough gear but just because you don’t want something don’t try to ruin it for those who do.
  4. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I’ll fight to the death!!!
  5. ALB Dedicated Player

Your last sentence is about you. I'm content how the game is. It's you who is trying to ruin other players experience who don't agree with you.
    The game won't sell more replays, because by the time they gear up for elite, they will have content fatigue. That will wear down real quick
  6. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

If you've read this thread you would see i've said very reasonable thing about steps to better progression. And elite content isn't for everyone and according to most on the forums not many run it so then it shouldn't be a problem in making sure it hits a decent difficulty level all the time not some of the time, after all it is ELITE. Also the elite feats and gear will always be available to get you just might actually need some get to get them this time which I think is perfectly acceptable.
  7. ALB Dedicated Player

That's different. I was comparing how most players replay raids. If elite was hard, and players had to spam the regular for gear, and then spam the same raid as elite, it will get stale for most players
    • Like x 1
  8. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Ironically, the previous DLC's raids become more difficult than the current DLC's elite raids as everyone gets rid of their old DLC specific augments. Every so often I'll jump in to a Machine E group for the comedic value of watching them scramble to not get killed by the Inervator Beam, continually wipe 1 minute in to the raid and eventually disband. Ahh, good times.
  9. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

Make a new system for content being harder. The system would be called ranked content. The game would decide what rank the group is and rank the enemies accordingly. Or u can the that off in the game setting and go max rank and run your own group. Now that we're on that page. Enemies and bosses should drop XP for kos no more marks to buy gear. U can buy styles with them but not gear. Exp would be used to rank up your gear t1 gear rank reg gear. T2 rank elite gear. T3 rank op gear and so on. This way the devs will have more time to drop more content. Work out having to deal with stats on gear. I'm sure they would find it way fast testing aswell. It will also be more fun if the game has 2x exp days for koes. The system they have now is unfair to the players. how many people can even beat a raid. how many people actually waste hours trying to beat that last boss and walk out with no marks. I'm sure we all want to play a game we get progression for playing with our time. Progression for gear is unfair and needs to be ranked. Adds and bosses need to be dropping exp for gear like augments. how many times have you ran something you just couldn't beat but u koes alot of adds. How many time have u been kicked and did all that work. How many times have u disconnected in a raid and never got invited back. That's all unfair to me don't u think? Just think about your membership. if you're pissed off you ain't going to come back on for a while right
  10. Illumin411 Loyal Player

People fuse them in to the new DLC's augments to level them up faster. I always keep one for each role.
  11. August Moon Well-Known Player

i think the gear porgression they had back in the halls of power part 2 days was a good point of start . you literally couldnt step foot into the regular happinss home let alone the elite without getting some green and purple from new gensis now. and i belive they had 2sets of purple gear back then as well , one slightly better than the other but just enough that it made a difference . i feel like you should have to start over with green gear and blue gear . only able to gather those through the alert , solos , duos and open worlds and maybe a weaker raid. only after beating the weaker raid can you have access to gaining the stronger more serious raid complete with a new set of purple gear that would then rush into an elite version of the harder raid.

have the stats of the green gear be leagues higher than the purple or vendor gear you have now by at least double or triple digits this would give you an incentive to part ways from your previous dlc gear . but increase the time window from the last dlc to about a year apart so getting rid of last years hard earned vendor gear doesn't feel like a waste of time or a stab to the heart.

as far as mechanics go you'll need something that causes everyone to pay attention and communicate something that punishes the players who refuse to do so and hinders the rest of the group in a way. For example a move in which the whole group needs to get out of the way . being killed by this move enrages the boss , causing his damage to increase by a xxx% per death totaling to 100% at all 8 deaths (still not a 1 hit kill only for feat purposes ) on top of increased damage he will drop aggro alot more frequently , spam the death move more often to catch more people off guard( or shorten the survive-ability window for the move ) and if you want to , certain amount of deaths will bring in a bonus boss that makes life harder for everyone to contend with) .....i would dare even say create a feat in which you can still contend with the boss after a certain amount of deaths are reached and make it so its possible or probable to do after maxing out your elite set or ....you know , if you're lucky you can get it without it . Put this boss in the weaker raid so theres no elite version of it , and it has some replay-ability for feat hunters. similar to how some games have a bonus level after beating the story mode