There's any Zatanna based style as reward in JLD episode?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kuno, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Kuno Loyal Player

Torikumu still haven't posted the rewards, it takes time but I'd would like to know if there is any briefing or collection rewarding any Zatanna style.
    I was very dissapointed with the ARGUS style, is too tech and too generic for a magic based episode.
    And the capsule style is going to be based on Shazam, we all know that.
    Thanks in advance.
    • Like x 2
  2. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

nothing that I saw via livestream, but I agree ARGUS suit really doesn't belong with the episode but I do kinda like it, or at least I can see me using a few pieces of the style at any rate.

speaking of TCs anyone else get the feeling that the Arcanes came out a wee bit early now given the next episode?
    • Like x 1
  3. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

There are about 3 style rewards sets/themes based on iconic characters in the episode:

Mordru - Cape (Omni Item)/Boots

Etrigan - Vendor Gear/Elite Vendor Gear

Doctor Fate - Belt/Cape

So nothing Zatanna related in terms of styles.
    • Like x 2
  4. recoil2 Dedicated Player

i did have to question the "arcane" capsule, especially since not much in it besides the wings of sin (demonic/trigonic) were magical. especially since so much mystical stuff featured as sub rewards in other capsules, like the cursed gotham auras, JLD emblems, etc. equally odd is that we needed a tech suit at all for this episode, given that shazam/constantine/dr. fate seem to be the people mainly fighting against the invasion.
  5. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

I thought the JLD emblems were in the Arcanes.......
  6. recoil2 Dedicated Player

they are, alongside the wings of sin they're probably the only arcane thing in the capsule, oddly enough the main style from it was green lantern themed.
  7. recoil2 Dedicated Player

devs have already confirmed that zatanna's hair will be a reward, so it's probably an investigation/briefing reward, as single stand alone styles are almost always reserved for those.
    • Like x 1
  8. Proxystar #Perception

There's also the likelihood these items will be added to the vendor later in the episode.
    • Like x 3
  9. recoil2 Dedicated Player

true, probably can count on a helmet of fate style to go with the cape, and this does seem like an episode with quite a few untapped possibilities thematically.
    • Like x 1
  10. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Do you have a source to your statement? If so could you provide it? All of the investigation/briefings/collection rewards in the episode do not include a hairstyle of any kind whatsoever.
  11. recoil2 Dedicated Player

it was on the thread discussing zatanna's leaked new model, a developer confirmed we would indeed see the hair style. i forgot which thread it was but it was defintiely the one with zatanna's new episode model previews.
    • Like x 1
  12. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Unfortunately not. Iconic Simulation summed up the rewards quite nicely:

The Mordru Boots, Dr Fate Waist, and both A.R.G.U.S. emblems are the rewards for the 4 Briefing and Investigations.

The Dr Fate cape is the collection reward for the open world Chaos Gotham collection.

I'd say it'll be a case of Zatanna's hair being either a Time Capsule reward or a late additions reward.

It'll be interesting to see what the new Time Capsule has in it, because we're still in Atlantis territory (and honestly, I hope it's not Atlantean themed, because I'm burned out on Atlantean styles for now... still want that King Shark guise trinket though :mad:), but the Shazam movie is coming out soon and E34 launches not long after the Time Capsule is released, so it'd make sense for it to be inspired by the episode/movie/magic.

----------------------------------------------------

It was mentioned on the Anniversary livestream that Zatanna's hair (based on her newly remastered model) would be coming to the game. There's a lot of talking going on but you can see a sculpt of it on a player character mesh at 30:30

NerdofPrey also says at 32:02 ""Do female characters get to wear that?" I'm waiting for that question", in relation to the hairstyle.

But yeah, you're right, it's not available yet.
    • Like x 3
  13. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Yeah, I almost forgot the teaser pic from the devs showing the hairstyle on all the male body types. It is not a current reward atm in the episode, but maybe it will be featured in the new TC or as a bonus currency weekend vendor reward.
    • Like x 1
  14. recoil2 Dedicated Player

same, i can't even go by the sink anymore without completely despising dripping water at this point XD. can't wait to see the videos on this by the way, they're always interesting.
  15. Kuno Loyal Player

Well, that sucks. Thank you all anyways!
    So we:
    A) Have to wait for Zatanna's hair and also hopefully her high heeled boots as extra rewards in a couple of months...
    B) Have to open new TC to get Zatanna's hair.

I don't like any of those scenarios. Thank you devs for teasing us with the hair and high heel boots then keeping them for the NPC only...
    Same goes for Batwoman's hair. Hey what about Batman's day? :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  16. Brother Allen Loyal Player

While it isn't Zatanna based, there is a style drop from one of the raids. I can't remember which one but one of my League mates got it on our first run of the raids on Test. It is the Mark of Cain accessory. It is a funky red symbol that floats in front of your face.
  17. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Yeah ik I saw that...was crazy cool looking.
  18. Mermaid Dedicated Player

The dropped gear should have been Zatanna tbh. There are so many Zatanna designs to draw from in the comics and she is a character that hasn't had a set of gear inspired after her. Sure we have similar styles in-game right now that we can use to emulate her style but so does this Argus Style. She deserves more than just a shirt and hairstyle.

The inclusion of the Argus gear left a really bad taste in my mouth and not because the style is poorly designed but it did not belong in what is supposed to be DCUO's most magical episode yet.

History repeats itself, this happened with Amazon Fury and the Fallen God style. And yet in tech or meta related content, a magic style has not yet crossed...
    • Like x 2
  19. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Eh, Idk...Etrigan truly deserves the attention hes getting with his armor as the vendor gear. While its fairly easy to recreate Zatanna...its not as easy for Etrigan. I will fully enjoy the point when I get both the suits and make a truly hellish Etrigan style.
    • Like x 1
  20. Kuno Loyal Player

My thoughts exactly. Styles should have been Zatanna and Shazam for the vendor and Etrigan for the TC.
    • Like x 1