There should be a rule about kicking players who were in an instance from the start at the last boss

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Circe, Feb 7, 2015.

1. FutureMan New Player

I agree that the Kick System needs to be seriously fixed.
    It is not being used as intended at all.

Why is it needed?
    1) To remove disconnected players.
    2) To remove abusive players (by the WHOLE Group, not just a few)

How it is being used!
    1) To grief pug groups with an elitist mindset.
    2) To play match making god, for natural selection.
    4) By players who don't want any sort of challenge.
    5) For the stupidest of reasons. (One guy last night wanted to disband the group because he was loot locked).

Overall, it's the worst part of group play in this game HANDS DOWN.

I run as a healer most of the time (my main) and rarely get kicked, but my troller toon was being kicked so much that I just don't play him.
    Absolutely abusive mechanic that is over the top abused.... did I say abused enough?
    • Like x 4
  2. MetalMario Loyal Player

I wasn't saying the situation you described was good, but there are times when someone who has been there the whole time should go. It's certainly possible. My main point was that it's the group's fault for voting yes.
  3. Ghaladh Dedicated Player

I've been kicked more than once to make room for a league mate that wanted just to kill the last boss. The playing members of the league knew that it was going to happen since the very beginning, and they let me work my *** off for the whole raid, to kick me just before its end. Yeah, the kick system should seriously be limited. If you have been in for more than 20 minutes, you shouldn't be kicked, unless you are disconnected for more than 3 minutes.
    • Like x 3
  4. KidMidnight Loyal Player

a lot of times a league will kick a player unfairly because they aren't league and they need to blame someone other then themselves.

in this particular instance...getting kicked from the last boss of an alert thats 2 dlcs old. well my response would be to just shrug it off and keep playing. if you're a vet player chances are very likely there isnt anything you need from that boss anyway and if you need a couple of fast marks of fury there are three duos and some solo content that can give you twice as much in half the time.

what goes around comes around. eventually someone you see acting like a jerk is going to need your help and you'll feel much better.

back when halls of power was midway through its relevance life i got kicked from a (not my) league raid. kind of funny considering these guys were so convinced of their own beastliness they didnt want to see what the problem was. about two weeks ago while working on a controller alt i saw a shout for a troll needed at carol ferris. deciding this could be my lucky day i sent them a tell and found myself with the same league in the same exact spot making the same exact mistakes wiping over and over again only this time at Carol instead of Kalibak and mantis and laying the blame on about five or six pugs they went through.

I logged out, had a nice little snack and logged back on, got into a group for LnW at the start and got through the raid in about 30 minutes smooth as silk.