Themyscira Divided: No special attacks from bosses?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Alexonic, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Derio 15000 Post Club

oops, too late.
  2. Rasta Committed Player

You're trying to be funny so I'll let you
  3. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Some of the bosses will dump aggro and do a scripted attack on someone besides the tank. I know Circe likes to attack random people at times. Still, there is a definite lack of "special attacks." Themyscira Divided is a long, fairly easy alert. If you're looking for challenge, you're not going to find it there. Instead, you'll find long boss fights.

The Iconic Solos can be a little bit challenging if you are trying for some of the feats.
  4. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

In my experience, alerts rarely have bosses that do anything besides attack tanks if a tank can hold aggro. Maybe that is part of the reason players run 2 dps in alerts instead of the expected 1-1-1-1; they want it to be a little more challenging. There are a few exceptions to the rule: Arkham Asylum due to the AOEs, Trigon with Circe and Trigon, any raid turned alert - Inner Sanctum and Outer Caverns, and that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

The only places where bosses tend to do things to drop aggro is in raids. Alerts are generally supposed to be tank and spank. I think this is common in other games, too.
  5. Pop a Trinket dey sweatin Dedicated Player

DLC 10 should be a part of GU 36.
  6. Alexonic Committed Player

bosses in bia&family have...
    trigon too, for example avatar of sin's inferno or trigon attacks at last boss...
    bia/family/trigon...in these alerts when we was non-overgeared we could die if we was not avoiding some special attack (even if there was an healer)

if that's not enough i can list bosses' special attack that we can see in bia/family/trigon
  7. Pop a Trinket dey sweatin Dedicated Player

8. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I mentioned Trigon. I had not noticed the special attacks in Family Reunion (FR) or Brothers In Arms (BIA) for some time.

Back before the FR/BIA difficulty was reduced by the developers, players would not allow others in who did not have full 85 gear expert modded, so I was snubbed from seeing those at their best. After the difficulty was lowered, the special attacks became less noticeable. In addition to that: With 90 gear, I have completely forgotten they're there.

Also, FR, BIA, Mist Recovery (MR), and Strike Team (ST) are all exempt from this discussion. Why? Because they're not alerts, they're operations. There is a difference. Wayward Souls also has some aggro dropping moves from Grundy, but I did not list it since it is an operation and not an alert.
  9. SKAVANGER408 New Player

I remember spending 70 mins in that alert cause the 3 brothers had a crazy amount of health.

I would rather just run all dps of that alert is gonna take more than 40mins.
  10. Brice Allen Loyal Player

Well in the Devs defense they did fix that issue. That being said, the devs created the monster that is Weapon Mastery so I say all hail the fastest group make up. If that includes no Troller, Tank, or Healer then so be it.
    • Like x 2
  11. SKAVANGER408 New Player

Ya I read that but damn that boss took awhile to kill. But as a tank/troll I agree. I would rather switch to dps so I can beat it faster.
  12. Pop a Trinket dey sweatin Dedicated Player

I agree with you, but at the same time if you get a feel for the fight you can get a decent gauge of when he's about to turn towards the group and let the one shot off...Also...If you get stuck in an animation you can still time it and jump..He'll shoot the ball up over your head...
  13. Alexonic Committed Player

FAMILY:
    FIRST BOSS
    • sometime batman teleport behind someone and does smokebomb;
    • if someone doesn't active the two computers, aoes will appear.
    LAST BOSS
    • luthor orange area;
    • luthor enbouble attack.
    BIA:
    ICONIC BOSS
    • every boss (metallo, felix faust, arkillo etc.) has some special attack.
    SUPERMAN-LUTHOR BOSS
    • there are turrect that do dmg and stun
    THAT BOSS WITH THE SHIELD
    • fire that does dmg around the room
    • enbouble attack, when someone get boubled and then he frees himself, he will enbouble team-mates close to him
    • shield throw
    JOR-EL
    • sometime he goes to the middle of the room and does that ray from the hands
    anyway, themyscira divided has no special attacks, all the attacks are taken by the tank...i'm sure that the other players can stay in the bosses' room without touching the keyboard/joastick and still don't die
    • Like x 1
  14. Canadian_Bacon New Player

I totally agree with you about making the raids with two levels of difficulty - i liked the challenge of Nexus and Paradox! I want to have to think on my feet and move around to stay alive, that makes the game fun. Now a days, I can play with one hand and give 50% attention to the game, because you nerfed it to a T4 difficulty. You don’t even need a healer anymore to finish Nexus - that’s a sign that you developers went overboard with the nerf.

If the replay junkies can’t make it through on skills, then let them run an novice version and build the gear. This way, the challenge is still there for those that want it and the social players can build the gear they need to adjust for the lack of Skill Points. You have two types of players the ones that will cancel their membership if they can beat a new raid within a week because it is too easy and you have the newer players that race to best gear - let them build their skills points and spend their replay badges, but give them a difficulty option that matches they skill level.
    • Like x 1
  15. aceCase Committed Player

You should at least save some surprises for when the game goes live :p
  16. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

We are DCUO Dev. Lower your shields and surrender your powers. Your biological and exobyte technology will be Weapon Mastery assimilated. Resistance is futile. We are DCUO Dev.
    • Like x 1
  17. Errorcode1058 New Player

Please give bosses the ability to lay out debuffs. This would improve the quality and increase the need for tanks.