The Witching Hour 2021!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Oct 7, 2021.

1. Eve YouTuber

They changed it to level 20, and yes all the missions.

Fall Seasonal: The Witching Hour

Level Requirements
    • With Game Update 41, we had changed Seasonal events such as fall to have a minimum level requirement of 20. To be consistent, we've updated the Witching Hour Mission and the Bat Race with the same level 20 requirement.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/server-hotfix-october-9-2021.318629
    • Like x 1
  2. Ashuraman Active Player

Got it, thanks for the information.
    • Like x 2
  3. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Guys, I've got a bone to pick. This is now the 3rd or 4th year in a row you're giving all these style Grants, and you're giving them to characters that already have them! But you've made them Account Bound, so we can't even put them on the Broker. They're just eating up inventory space that's still too limited!

I assure you that my characters do NOT need to receive the Glimmer Wings, Helper's Halo Accessory, etc 3-4 times EACH when they can only redeem them ONCE! :rolleyes:

You need to update the game's programming to only grant these to characters that have NOT already collected them!
    • Like x 2
  4. Imaginos Dedicated Player

So that same Level 16 character that still can't do the vault mission also is not getting credit for Batwoman sightings. Went and found her in 3 different places today with a rating of 0/13 sightings (and it should have been 1/13 from yesterday) and it didn't update at all, even after zoning. Is there an issue with this particular character or is the batwoman sighting also rated too high for most characters, like the vault?
  5. Miranda31 Well-Known Player

Apparently it's now consistently level 20 across the board - see Zoe's post, on page 2. I have other characters with the right level or above, so it isn't too disappointing - I just wish they had communicated better in the beginning (my standard refrain).
  6. Miranda31 Well-Known Player

Can I still get feats with my lower characters, for example the "Trick Or Treat, Smell My Feat " one? Makes the difference between assembling sets for the locked out characters or just gobbling candy for the 'Consume' feats.
  7. Eve YouTuber

I think if you have those you can. They should be dropping aswell
    • Like x 1
  8. Imaginos Dedicated Player

Yeah that's my point. It specifically says level 10 and on other events it specifically says level 15. So they either need to get their info right or change the event to actually BE the level they say it is. Nothing's more frustrating than misinformation from the company involved.

Also L20 SUCKS for alts. They trying to kill wanting alts around at all?
    • Like x 1
  9. Saami Loyal Player

Why are halloween mission stuff so scarce in Gotham when comparing to earlier years -2018?

Difference is so big that it actually starts to annoy me. I dont wanna spend 30minutes for finding those mission spots.
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

All the spawn points are the same every year, try to avoid areas close to Night Clubs/Police Stations.
    • Like x 1
  11. myandria Item Storage

Hmm... I assume you are talking about the Extra Life Style Grant unlocks.

So, what would be the point of putting them in the broker if many player's characters already have them? Who would buy them? Besides, many players would put a high price on them simply because you can only get that style once a year and there is a growing number of max-priced items in the broker already. I think it is easier to either delete those styles if all of your characters have them already or keep at least a couple of sets (if possible) for future alts like I am doing.

Perhaps the devs give out the same Extra Life gear so that newcomers to the game and players who missed out can get them. Maybe they did not have the time to look into creating a different gear set this year due to the schedule they currently have. Or, it could be a combination of the two. "shrugs"

If the devs had decided to not grant any style unlocks for Extra Life because they did not have any new ones created, then that would have been an issue as well and many players would have been upset about that.

I suggest that the devs change the Extra Life grant system so that instead of unlocking that gear per piece, it should be unlocked as a set and the other reward slots could be the rewards that are given out during the Friday Livestream or a Suvival Mode vendor item, for example.
  12. Beard Maaaan Well-Known Player

Who is triggered by Tala’s legs? In the Witching Hour villain instance this year, unlike all previous years, Tala has a long black dress. When I see her character load, I can see the original leotard, then a dress is slapped on her. Is DCUO getting prudish with age?
    • Like x 2
  13. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

You need level 20 now.
  14. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

• Like x 1
  15. VariableFire Loyal Player

Don't know if it's been stated elsewhere, but thank you very much for making "Witchy" head style account bound at last.
  16. Imaginos Dedicated Player

HEY! What is this bullcrap with level 20. You just TOOK Halloween away from 3 of my mid/low level alts who were able to do the street mission and the race, seeing as they can now do none of the content. Why was this punitive change made? What's the reason? Nice edit to your post btw. Also you did NOT say in your post that the Vault is L20 or the Race is L20. You need to clarify what content you've made these punitive changes to and that means ALL content that's been changed.

Damn I'm Pissed at you people. ./rude
  17. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Okay, what's up with the Fall Vault? I've gotten to run it like twice! Shouldn't this be showing up in my Daily On Duty every day?!? :confused:
  18. Irvynnge Loyal Player

yeah, it's horrid, isn't it? I mean, by all means, if she needs a tightening up like they did with Circe, then fine, but at least put some effort into it. she looks terrible.
    • Like x 1
  19. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Well, yes. Compare pretty much every new npc and style with the old ones. They could at least have actually remodelled her though, instead of literally slapping the toga bottoms style on the old model. The colours don’t even match properly.
    • Like x 2
  20. Ryll Committed Player

What is the new collection? I don't recall seeing any new collection items thus far dropping.