Test Discussion The Witching Hour 2017

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Mepps, Sep 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Please post any bugs or feedback about the fall seasonal event, The Witching Hour!
  2. StealthBlue Loyal Player

How many times do we have to say this, STOP PUTTING UNATTUNED GEAR PIECES IN SEASONALS FOR 50 MARKS! Please just put style items in the seasonals for a reasonable amount of marks. Having the three items this time (hat, belt, and mask) just makes things worse. Now that there is unattuned gear in the vault, there is absolutely no reason for these to be gear pieces.

For anyone wondering, you need those pieces for a 10 point feat.
    • Like x 15
  3. StealthBlue Loyal Player

The preview of Isis looks like Teekl when you are placing/moving her.

Preview while moving the base item totem:[IMG]

After placing the totem and releasing it:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  4. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    Is the Blanket of Fog supposed to be a gray transparent 2D circle?
    [IMG]

When I think of "Blanket of Fog", I was imagining with a height component like this:
    [IMG]

Is the item supposed to simulate walking on a foggy floor?
    • Like x 3
  5. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug?
    One thing I'm noticing is that the "Base" tab has disappeared from my inventory menu on all my characters on Test. Is that intended?

The "Base" tab still exists on Live.
  6. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I agree 1000% with the changes to the vault this is not needed at all inless it's being used as a way to push the holiday marks marks on the marketplace.
    • Like x 1
  7. light FX Steadfast Player

Im glad to see they added the fog floor item. I asked for that last year. But it doesnt look like it moves? Im hoping thats a bug. Because what me and many players asked for last year was the moving fog on the floor from trigons prison alert.

My league mate posted pics in our discord and what im seeing is certainly not that. Again i hope this is bugged. If it isnt please consider changing the item to the moving fog, thanks.

Also the base item feat doesnt have any feat points? Bug maybe? Because there is no title w/it either. But the collection gives feat points and a title? This doesnt seem correct.

Was great to see evil trees as base items but then when placing them they are the same trees from the spring seasonal except they are black or gray :confused:

The 1 style item i like a lot is the dr plague belt. I love the look of the slanted hanging belt. Please do more of those in the future. The arkham gate also looks awesome. Love it.

Lastly the collection piece for 50 marks but it rewards MoV? Seriously? And this collection has a feat attached to it? :rolleyes: I feel this is going too far with this kinda stuff.
    • Like x 2
  8. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

Few things so far:

1) Like StealthBlue, I'm not a fan of combining new styles with scaling gear. I just want to be able to grab a quick style on multiple characters like in the past... not 150 for a scaling set. Definitely keep a scaling set in there, but have it be a recycled/makeup style.

2) Usually seasonals have 10pt feats for a style & funiture. Currently it's assigned to the style + collection, leaving the furniture feat a 0 pt. Should the 10 pt be for furniture & the collection a 0 (since it has a title). Great title by the way... Dark Detective!

3) Are the 2 Arkham walls meant to be floor items? It's odd that they are wall items at the moment. I can't even place them in the sewer theme as they clip into the walls there.

4) Many of the non-feat base items are not marked 2017 in their descriptions.

I think this is one of the best seasonal base item sets so far... lots of building block items to re-theme a base. This is the villain pack I've been waiting for!
    • Like x 4
  9. light FX Steadfast Player

Video courtesy of proxy. There is a thread in gameplay showing this too. But for anyone interested in the base items here ya go.

10. Proxystar #Perception

I noticed this feat is 0 stars but also doesn't appear to have a title. maybe a bug.

[IMG]
  11. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Same problem with both Arkham walls and Sewer lair. Can't Place.
  12. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Why do we have to waste spooky bites on Gear? Get rid of the feat.
    • Like x 2
  13. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Does open world Gotham usually play different music during the Halloween seasonal? Its just playing the normal music right now, and I can't remember for sure. I know there is different music in the open world for Christmas. The correct vault is there and is playing the cool Halloween music. So if anything, its just the open world.
  14. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

15. light FX Steadfast Player

So the base item feat says collect all 6 base items. But there are way more then 6 base items.
  16. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Rewards

For those who are interested in the rewards, here are my videos:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bugs

I think pretty much all of the bugs I've noticed so far have been reported, but I'll post them anyway, in case they haven't:

Bug: Short Arkham Asylum Wall & Long Arkham Asylum Wall Issues
    Neither of these base items can be placed. They have also been set up as wall-mounted base items which may be intentional.

I'd prefer them to be floor mounted base items if that is the intention as I'd rather have the option to place them anywhere along the floor or up against the wall to acheive a similar effect that making them a wall mounted base item achieves.

Bug: "Haunted House 5: Arkham Night" & "Tricks for a Treat" feat issues
    I think the reward for these feats is messed up. Usually, as per other seasonal events, the collection's feat gets no Feat points, but a title. However, The "Tricks for a Treat" collection-linked feat has both a 10 point feat reward and a title reward, where as the base item feat has no feat points or title reward.

The Haunted House 5: Arkham Night feat should be given the 10 feat points and the Tricks for a Treat feat should be stripped of it's feat points, but maintain the title it grants.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aside from those 2 bugs, I haven't noticed anything else that doesn't seem to be working. I checked the Checklists for the base item feat and the Plague Doctor feat to make sure the correct items were being ticked off and they were. Never got around to actually running the event, though. I'll try and do that soon.

Overall, I think the rewards for this year's run of the seasonal are very well done. The Plague Doctor style is nice. The spiders are great and the base items are vast and cover a lot of ground. Thumbs up from me.
    • Like x 9
  17. Samuiel Well-Known Player

Yep , agreed, the cost required for the items for feats is too much.Should be cheaper, half price at least ! We'll have new episode this month and next month to worry about running daily with at least 2 characters+ seasonal ...That's how you developers make players get angry with the extremely annoying grinding and quit the game.
    • Like x 2
  18. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

My guess is that this is what they're going for but as per your picture, it fails:

[IMG]
  19. Zneeak Devoted Player

Some of the items are really cool, but then you take a look at the pricing on most of this stuff. Not everything in this game has to be a grind! When even Seasonals turn more and more into a grind-fest it's time to wake up and realize what the hell you're doing. It's like you don't want people to play your game....
    • Like x 2
  20. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

What's the alert difficulty like? Summer event seemed exactly the same after revamp but it's the easiest one since it got nerfed to the ground last year.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.