The Valentine Event

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Zylo, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Zylo Committed Player

The day was around the month of Feb when it came out on 2011. I was there. going to the fountain warp in metro and teleporting to the event and doing the 3 small missions. I remember it all like it was yesterday.

I had no problem doing it and it was fun. I didint bump into any game breaking bugs or glitches. the only problem that I had was that I couldint finish 2 of the feats. those damn Big cupids always turned in a freaken hart into the fountain.

I didint really know why so many ppl hated it. if u hated this then y dont you hate the other event as well?
  2. Maxx_Watt Loyal Player

Its not that I don't hate the other events, its for some reason the V-Day event was extra annoying & stupid.
  3. Dr Improbable Dedicated Player

I really don't understand why so many players have their undies in a bunch about seasonals. Dump 'em all and give us real content. Better PvP maps. WHY WHEN I TURN OFF SUICIDE SQUAD DO BOTH TEAMS HAVE MIXED FACTIONS?????

Maybe more PvE duos and alerts.
  4. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

Some people liked it… lots more didn’t and even the devs wished they could’ve done more.

Then the scope of DCUO changed and revisiting the Valentine’s Event was scrapped.

And for the sake of fairness, we’re going to be rewarded these feats on a daily basis so that newer players aren’t cheated out of feats for events that’ll never come back.

In the end…
    • New players don’t complain about not being able to complete these feats
    • A few random threads pop up waxing nostalgically about the event
    • And the devs KNOW, even though people claim they want more events; they’d complain even more if it meant GUs and DLCs took longer to go live
  5. Little Sister New Player

I think they have given up on holiday stuff. They have 4 seasonals and then the open world St Patrick's Day stuff and they don't seem to be adding anymore. It's sad really, I like when games do that stuff. It gives you something else to do.

As for the Valentine's thing, I can see why people disliked the open world thing, but the actual 4 person event was fun and within DC's lore (Aphrodite). But I have a feeling that DC didn't like it and so that's that.