The Ultimate Merge !!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MystoganJella, May 18, 2022.

1. MystoganJella Well-Known Player

I forgot what they said but what was the reason they couldn’t merge servers again or they was thinking about it might be possibility can someone refresh my memory thank you :)
    • Like x 1
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

So they can merge servers, that's not the issue. The issue is either Sony, Microsoft and/or Nintendo are not supporting a server merge.
    • Like x 2
  3. Eve YouTuber

I don't want a US & EU Merge.
    • Like x 1
  4. MystoganJella Well-Known Player

Lorax Zoe thank you both so much for the responses I was just curious as I have PlayStation and my brother has Xbox and I be helping him the best I can but be much more easier if we were able to play together but I get it though have a awesome day you all :)
    • Like x 1
  5. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

i do....
    • Like x 1
  6. Eve YouTuber

There's just too many reasons why it will work against EU. The economy is horrible on US, as well as lag spikes and daily maintenance time. This is just a few.
    • Like x 1
  7. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

lag is everywhere, ive lagged off of EU. the economy was in the works to get fixed (which would happen before any such merge anyway), but il give ya DMT but in the event of a merge that might get changed to a different time in effort to be fair to all
    • Like x 1
  8. DuffleBagBoii Well-Known Player

your telling me, I just paid 4.50 for gas here in Detroit
    • Like x 1
  9. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

lag and daily maintenance exist on every server.

The economy will adjust, for a while the servers with lower average cash amounts (Xbox & switch) will haveto use trade/LFG/other text channels to direct sell until they can use broker, but everyone will average out in the long run.

Merging US & EU is probably a really good idea, throwing the other two servers (xbox & switch) into the mix, maybe not so much atm.
    EU population will stabilise, players might return, which would actually increase the previous EU population. The merge would definitely be incentive.
    • Like x 3
  10. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

an eu us merge might point to any potential issues in a console server merge as well
  11. Eve YouTuber

I hardly lag on EU if at all, but when I go on US the lag is horrible for me. EU downtime is 6am for me so I don't need to worry that the game will go down in the middle of the day. Timezones matters lol idk why ppl think EU is "Dead", I play there, my friends play there and none of us ever encountered issues with getting content done. 100% no unless they'll actually fix the US server economy. I will not adjust to the crazy prices there.

OOF lol
    • Like x 2
  12. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Downtime in the middle of the day, it's very good, people go out to eat this way at least once ;)...just kidding...or maybe not ;)
    • Like x 2
  13. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Would be cool if we could give it a trial run and see how it plays out but that would be a tonnnn of work. Guessing it would do generally good things for the majority of the population but can definitely see some downsides. I don’t think the US side needs it but seems like a bunch think it would benefit eu side. Just not sure I believe that they’re aware of all the potential downsides they’d be facing. Names/ economy/ resets/ lag/ are the obvious ones. But with time zones, would it really even help? The US side stays fairly active all the time but it definitely dwindles later in the night when I’d think most eu players are logging in.
    • Like x 1
  14. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

i think a noon/ midnight shutdown would work i cant speak for eu obviously but i have noticed a decrease in people on around those times (us side anyway)......
  15. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

I'm in the EU (UK) downtime is 2pm for me, which is perfect time to get lunch if I'm playing. Also, downtime is 30 mins - hour, which isn't really that much tbh.

I'm on xbox, which did a server merge in 2016 (EU & US). Before the merge, downtime would have been late at night for me, which sucked at weekends when I could play more. Which is why I quit for nearly 5 years btw, the xbox eu server was well & truly dead.

I'm pretty sure the devs also acknowledged the EU server population problem for PC as well. Meaning, even in their opinion, its comparatively bad.
  16. Eve YouTuber

Never seen any acknowledgement on that from the Devs but if they do think so, then not much can be said or done. XBOX was always less populated than both US and EU PC-PS combined. I guess It's just different wants and needs of people. Wither it happens or not, It's down to the companies involved and the Dev team.
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

The economy could work in the EUs advantage for a bit. Before a merge, stock up on things that cost little in the EU now, but sell higher on the US side, then post merge turn those things into profit. Get one 'OG' item in your stock and you can be set up like a queen post merge. A few 'top' collections from most any TC and you are a billionaire at least. With megas going on right now, there are a lot of 'rare' items to be had much cheaper than they will be later...invest wisely...and hold onto those things.

But yeah, I can't see it would play very well if you weren't on a VERY good connection, and even then would have a much higher chance of lag. Not sure where the restarts would fall, but I'd guess it would have to be adjusted one direction or the other to make it less inconvenient for all.
    • Like x 5
  18. BumblingB I got better.

The the issue with a crossplay merger between the Switch, XB1, PS/PC is because Nintendo, M$, and Sony don't play nice with each other. The moment that the companies say yes, we can see a crossplay merge.

On the other hand, they are hesitant to do the Regional Mergers because of latency. It's not that they can't do them, but it does cause player side issues.
    • Like x 4
  19. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

^^^^
    This.

Downtime is 05:00 for me. Doesn't interfere with my playing time at all, even if I have a day off work. US based downtime would hit my peak playing time.
    • Like x 1
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Does anyone here not remember what happened after they merged PS and PC? It was awful.