The ultimate guide for a F2P player.

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by JosEl, Jan 28, 2018.

1. JosEl Well-Known Player

F2P definition:"An f2p (free to play) player is the one player that doesn't feel like actually paying something in a game, in order to play it."
    Okay so this is a WIP I haven't completed yet.
    So I'm cr 111 and 105 in my two characters. And I never paid anything in the game. And so, as I went that far in the progress line, I wanted to help other people get this far in the progress line of the game, other people that is paying this game for free, and don't want to pay, or at least not yet. My whole trayectory in the game has been F2P, and every day I feel like it's becoming easier in terms of what is implemented by the devs. Although it is still hard to achieve a decent character while being f2p
    So let's start this thread.
    The character creation:
    So in this part of the game is pretty much obvious. You create the character you want to create. The biggest difference between a f2p player and a player that pays, is basically, the amount of powersets you have to choose from, and the fact that you can't use the skimming movement mode. Beyond that, nothing more. I recommend you getting a wird skin, like an animal one or a crystal one, as they are expensive, while a human skin is totally affordable for an f2p. Also, if in your style, you don't want to use a cape (back style), for instance, add it anyway, and then you remove it later. But this will get you closer to the collect certaain amount of styles feat. Besides this few tips, there isn't more to advice or tell.
    Level 1-30:
    The leveling up process is pretty straight-foward for both f2p and non-f2p players. But, there are a lot of things to consider while doing the leveling up storylines:
    • Don't do the side missions of the leveling up storylines. Neither the alerts (area 51, hive moon base, oolong island, and so on). As both options, while completing them, they give you experience, and there is a 3 stars/50 points feat when you go from level 28 to 30 without going through the 29. And, as f2p players, we need to get as many feats as possible, as the amount if skill point we can get is very limited in comparison to a player that pays.
    • Also, relax and enjoy the having to do something different in each storyline. Also focus on getting together a nice and functional loadout, as well as learning the how does the game mechanics works.
    After level 30... What to do?
    Well, you still have a long way to go. So here are the this you must learn first, as I wont explain them later: What is the Tier of an armor, and different types of currency and where to get the main ones. Also How does the CR works.
    1. So, now that you reached level 30, the first things you should do are to complete the leveling up alerts and side missions.
    2. Also, now you have access to tier 1 alerts, duos, solos and raids. Focus on getting them all done, and getting toghether a full Tier 1 armor.
    3. After you get a CR of 43, you can now have acces to tier 2 solos, raids, alerts and duos. The first thing you will want to do, is star to stack up marks of victoy. Instead of going instantly to get the tier 2 armor, stack up some marks of victory, how many? enough to get at least 3 pieces of armor (any 3 pieces) and then start saving marks of victory for the tier 2 armor pieces. Plus, keep competing those Tier1 alerts that have a yellow star-like symbol before its name. So you can still get more marks of victory.
    4. Now that you have a full Tier 2 Armor, continue to the Tier 3, but first, like we did on the tier 2, stack up more marks of victory (it is actually to save them fro later, not to keep them collecting dust) and then go to the Tier 3 raids and alerts. Also keep competing those tier 1 and 2 instances with the yellow star-like symbol, to get extra marks of victory with the boces of the end of the instance.
    5. And finally you reached the tier 4, the one tier with only 1 4-player alert instance to complete, but hey, you still have those extra marks of victory you've been saving all this time. So buying the tier 4 armor shouldn't be that hard. Of course, it will be that hard. But after you complete it, you'll have made it.
    But what now?
    Well, you still can get extra armor pieces, how? Easy. The possible ways are the following ones:
    • The vault, it gives you one armor piece per week, with an increasing with the time item level (It means that if you get a face armor piece one week, the next face armor piece, will have an increased item level, as it will be unlocked with a bigger cr than before)
    • The episodes previews: with it's own currency and loot boxes, thes previews gives you armor pieces that, like the vault ones, increases their item level to try and give you a better armor piece that will raise your cr.
    • Events, such as the anniversary event ongoing at the time I'm writting this, gives you the opportunity to purchase armor ieces that, like the ones form the vault, or the episode's previews, are designed to give you better armor pieces that the ones you already have.
    This methods are the only ones to get armor pieces unless dcuo opens the episodes to the f2p for some weeks, like what have happened before.
    Besides the armor pieces... Anything else?

Yes, for one side, you can also spend time trying to get as many feats as you can, as the only other way to get better stasts is by spending skill point on the. And the skill points are gained by collecting 100 feat points. So you must complete feats to get feat points.
    This is it, hope you enjoyed!
    If I remeber anything else that might be important, I'll edit this thread later.