the transformation map VS the strategist card FOR MIGHT DPS ?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Aduzar Light, May 25, 2020.

1. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Hi, many returns say to use both cards, but if one of the 2 would be to choose, which one would you recommend? Where are they really complementary to each other?

For the moment, I'm testing a dps bar without laser vision with ice, which I like very much, although sometimes not always practical in certain situations.
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

If you are only going to use one that I’d suggest the transformation because the strat wouldn’t be the most optimal for Single Target.

Here’s my ice video. Thou I do use heat vision with the solar amp.

At the moment I’m using 4 primary artifacts which I understand is an investment.
    Solar, transformation, and strategist for AoE
    Solar, transformation, and grimorium for single target.
  3. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

I'm playing this build that I think is really cool.

4. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

If you have to pick one, take Transformation Card.

Transformation Card increases your critical chance and magnitude for damage/heals.
    Strategist Card works only off crits. The more crits there is, the more frequently it procs. However, unlike T-Card, it also works with controller's power crits.

You can safely run T-Card without S-Card, but running S-Card without T-Card is very niche.

[IMG] [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  5. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

What Dragonnes said.

Transformation will you give you an overall boost in damage roughly by I think 12-15% at 200 (counting the crits vs overall damage decrease).

Strategist only gives you a "chance" to proc "on a crit."
    Therefore, at 25% crit rate, you've generally got a very low chance to get the dot from strategist.
    At 45% crit (using transformation) you've got a much higher chance of strategist getting a proc.
    • Like x 1
  6. Thunderstrikke Well-Known Player

I was actually testing this last night. I typically run Solar, trans, and strat (all 200). Effective might (includes the 10% dps bonus and 2% hand mod) is 66,859. I pulled each artifact out and ran the other two (with no replacement). I did 4, 60 parses on three targets using my usual rotations:
    No Strat : -19% damage (but 4% is the stat bonus, so - 15% for the effect).
    No Trans: -17% damage (roughly -4% for the stat bonuses (straight might and %), so -13%. Now, that said, if you do the math, the effect of the trans should be -12% (-4% stat) so 8%. So thus, the other 5% in my estimation, is losing the the extra ticks on the Strat card. I didn't test with the two off, but I would guess it would be about (-19%-(-5%)) +(-17%) = -31%
    No Solar: -18% (-8% for stats, so -10% for the effect).

I know what you are saying, "Wait ,that means artifacts are driving like 50% of your damage???" Yes, as a matter of fact, they are. I then tested with all three off, and it came to -44% damage with no artifacts. (so that's a 5% gap vs. above (-18+(-31)=-49%); I believe the strat also overlaps with the solar extra ticks as well, which would explain it). So considering my 265 skill points are worth roughly 7% of my total might, I think we settled what matters more pretty definitively.

So all that said, I would run both together. The next question is what to replace them with if you don't, so working on those over the next few days. . . .
  7. Dub T Well-Known Player

I know on the few occasions I run DPS instead of Tank, I am severly hurt by not having Trans and Strat. I am literally doubled, some instances even tripled on damage without these artifacts, not that I care about being top dog, but I want to feel like I am at least pulling my weight in helping with the completion of the raid. It is especially hurtful since trying to level up new artifacts is like pulling teeth out of your face in addition to DPS being my secondary role.