The thing with superspeed.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by GermanM, Aug 25, 2022.

1. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

It’s only real function is to get out of combat faster. It’s the only way for flight and skimming to keep up (speed wise not damage) to speed users. The biggest downside is that it takes up a power tray ability opposed to speeds dash. So if speed was able to get the out of combat speed on top of the dash that it would push it farther ahead. This is why I recommend to remove dash attack and change it to the flight/skimming version of the movement dash.

I should add that it being a tray ability it also does damage. So the way I use it as a flight user is to do my combos and when an enemy is about to die I sue swoop attack to not only deal the last damage but to get out of combat simultaneously. This has led to some people thinking I was a speed hacker because I moved at full speed as soon as the fight finished lol
  2. GermanM Committed Player

The question was not made to me but allow me to respond.
    Most of the time that move is used to close distance to an enemy and attack him, also escape from some bosses attacks.

Another use is: if a player is down in far distances sometimes Super Speed users are the only ones who can get to him and revive it. All of that is a problem because sometimes players are even excluded from team´s if they dont have superspeed as movement mode.

Like i said when i start this thread, is not about nerf superspeed, i want all movement modes have a balance and the same oportunities because is unfair to other movement user´s who dont have those posibilities.

All of this without forget that the point is give Flight, Skiming and Acrobatis players the posibility to be in Precision DPS, because only the abilities of superspeed (Vortex Trap and Whriling Dervish) are useful to that matter and there is no way to sustitute them with the abilities of the other movement modes.
    • Like x 2
  3. RTX Well-Known Player

I´m not new.

But if you don´t care about looking at newcomers aswell, you should get out of this forum. I´m trying to suggest changes which should be beneficial for all.

However its neither your or my opinion which counts at the end. They either see that it´s in the wrong state or they won´t.
  4. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Edit: (If you're talking about the pushing the stick to dash forward)

Getting to mechanics quicker and/or downed players. Without superspeed, feats such as Royal War Elite "everyone reach glyphs within 4 seconds" is dang near impossible. Large battlefields such as TSW, it's also tough to reach the other side quick enough (for pickups, or for that glyph feat as well, etc.) without some kind of boost that only superspeed seems to have.

Edit: I only mention the pickup portion because as the troll a lot of groups expect me to be quick with them on the tank or healers in elite. I always have to tell them I can't because I'm not Superspeed and can't make it that far (away from the rest of the group) in time when the tanks are separated to each side of the battlefield.
    • Like x 5
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

One key thing that should be noted in swoop attack. It will only remove the movement penalty if you are actually flying (have flight mode activated). If you are grounded or have your movement mode deactivated all it does is dash you a very short distance while keeping the movement penalty
    • Like x 1
  6. Bullistikz Active Player

In my experience. it is situation for all three that you mentioned. Plus I have seen some player use this ability from super-speed to cancel or clip into there next move.
  7. Time Warped Level 30

Hey Panderus, since we are talking about movements improvement how possible would be to use dash attack without having the movement mode active? Dash attack is supercharge shield just as perfect poise but this can't be used in instances where movement mode gets deactivated or if you get grounded, etc.
    • Like x 1
  8. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Heck even give my skimming some roller blades whilst grounded, that could work XD
    • Like x 1
  9. Proxystar #Perception

Oh dear, I don't agree with you so please leave the forum if you wouldn't mind lol - that's not how a public forum works.

And I wasnt saying you were new, I was talking about anyone that is.

And im not against making things a little bit easier for newbies, but that doesn't mean you pander to them either.

A newbie that comes in to a 10+ year old game expecting to just have everything old handed to them because it's old, is a toxic attitude.

I would never start playing a game that old, especially an MMO and just expect everything be handed to me because it's old.

There's a balance between attracting new players and undermining your game.
    • Like x 1
  10. Proxystar #Perception

You don't get out of combat any faster, the timing to get out of combat Is exactly the same, the only thing that reduces out of combat speed is the Flash ally, which I bet a bunch of flight users would never consider using.

It is faster to get around with super speed, but that's also part of what it is.

The fact that flight is slower generally is because the act of flying itself is a demonstrable advantage in and of itself.

What needs to be considered is just a decision on when the developers want us entirely grounded or not

But to act like flight is entirely disadvantaged because they can't move as fast is disingenuous because they have the advantage of flight itself they might not be able to do pick ups as quick but they can entirely avoid mechanics.

I don't think it's reasonable to highlight a strength in superspeed just because some prefer it while ignoring the strengths of others.

Being too far away from pickups doesn't also relate just to being able to get their quicker either, but can also be a result player placement and other people errantly thinking it is only one players job to pick up resulting in the misplaced expectation that a controller unrealistically cover an entire room.
  11. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I wasn't asking to be faster as flight/skimming while grounded. Just for the tiny little "burst" when pushing the stick. That wouldn't be enough to break anything, and you'd still have to have the camera facing where you are going to even make use of it.
    • Like x 1
  12. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Swoop attack does get you out of combat. It instantly gets you out of combat if you use it while flying.

The reason I say speed has an advantage over flight in terms of speed is in hallways when getting from 1 group of adds to another. This is true and not disingenuous at all. Speed can dash forward to the next group of adds before flight or acro can get out of movement penalty to reach full speed. This is why I personally use swoop attack. This removed the penalty and allows me to not only keep up with speed users but pass them.

Also I specifically suggested for swoop attack to be converted to the flight equivalent of the dash. But to also remove the effect of it removing the movement penalty. This would allow it to somewhat keep up with speed but since speed has a naturally faster combat speed it would still reach adds first. Unlike when flight users use swoop attack which lets them get there first. So flight users will lose that aspect of swoop attack while freeing up an ability tray slot to compensate.
  13. Plowed In Loyal Player

Eek…talk about farming virtual currency…no one scales Everest in a day…and looking from 0 to all Skill Points is a recipe for burnout. You need to set reasonable expectations/achievable goals in games like this. No one I know, who’s a completionist, walks into this game expecting to be nearly finished 10 years of content…quickly.

“Simply put the style/gear set on marketplace that way you will make business, how i know that? Look at fornite and other games which do it for years.

I think they have done this with bundles in the past - Ultimate Lantern, Bat Family…if I’m not mistaken. How much would you have them sell them for? The same equivalency as the source mark pack? Maybe offer discounts/specials weekly/biweekly/monthly?
    • Like x 1
  14. Proxystar #Perception

No, sorry I thought you meant the super speed dash got you out of slow combat speed quicker, that makes you move a bit faster in bursts but doesn't actually reduce go slow mode.

I agree with what you've said about swoop attack, I've always been surprised how little awareness there is of that power within the flight community more generally.

If you're a precision player for example it's very easy to include swoop attack into a build.
  15. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

Watch swoop get nerfed now. Rip. :(
  16. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Gotcha. Easily misunderstood.

Yes I actually like using swoop attack but would prefer not needing to have it in my loadout lol. I have a loadout specifically for hallways with swoop attack. It’s funny using it in TSD, especially after the group of adds at the bottom of the shaft lol. Speed users dashing forward to get to groups of adds first while I’m at the top waiting for the tank lol. It’s even funnier when you’re a flight tank tank and get to the adds before the speed users lol
    • Like x 2
  17. Proxystar #Perception

I guess my point is, that's kind of double dipping advantages.

You want the advantage of flight + the advantage of super speed.
  18. RTX Well-Known Player

The thing you dont understand, im not using personal toughts, i´m using logic to make an argument.

So to rewind my points,
    The gameplay style needs to go back to hybrid, that attracted alot players back in the days, i know many which left due to Weapon Mastery/AM and now Weapon or Power and unbalanced/movement focused abilitys. What you do if you know that something worked better in past, exact you go back to it.

The big difference in Skillpoints, people calling newcomers "idiots", or kicking them out of the groups or simply run with their end level league cause newcomers beeing not as "good", also in stat clamped content which destroys the idea behind it.

Styles on Vendors placed in HOL (intented) are unfarmable, some you will even have to do more for when compared to the past (PvP Styles with 100 source marks each piece) so you can´t get them via drops. In general the way "out of this world amount" of marks needed for some styles. Maybe thats a mistake and just forgotten to also change the amount and not only the currency.

All this is a logical consequence to solve those problems.

What happend with my arguments 1 year ago?
    Source marks farm? Or having another difficulty for each instance?

Did they reduce source marks? Do we have elite plus now?
    Thats what i call a result of a logical consequence.

Let me wait another year and they finally seen it for this aswell. Until then enjoy how it is.
  19. RTX Well-Known Player

Well, obviously with touching skillpoints i dont mean to have them within a few months, i also stated that if you would just wanna farm styles for feats you would need 666 hours, which is way to much since that´s only 1 aspect of feats. Also removing some feats like killing unreal amounts of enemys would already improve and change something, it would need to be looked at for each feat.

The style prices at moment do not generate any income, there might be 1 out of 20 people buying them with purchased source marks, however then max 2 style sets. Putting those style sets on the marketplace for lets say 600 Marketplace cash doesnt sound much, but you will probably have 10 people out of 20 buying atleast 1 style set, therefore it would drastically increase their profit, while players would also enjoy the game more by beeing truely able to customize their character style as they wish with the desired style.

More income for them can result in beeing able to have more developers working on the game, who can work on tweaks or new content which also result in a more happy overall playerbase.

Obviously those numbers are guessed, however there is a high chance it will happen.

Also getting other styles via Capsules is a pretty "unvisible" option if you want players to purchase at an early stage, specificly if its done by a collection, thats however another aspect to debate about.
  20. Proxystar #Perception

No you entirely are using personal thoughts, you believe your personal thoughts might reside in logic and that's how you justify your opinion, but what you're talking about is still your opinion on how the game should operate.

I however think your logic on this is flawed.

You say vendor styles are unfarmable, that's just rubbish, they're more farmable today, than they've ever been considering most of us previously had to farm these out through RNG and did.

You cite PvP styles, again they're more farmable today than ever, considering you don't even have to play PvP like we did.

The game has already given new players a massive leg up, but yet you want more?

You cannot come in to a 10+year old game and expect to just power your way to veteran status overnight. This is an MMO you have to go about your progression in a methodical and planned manner - that's how MMOs operate.

This is also exactly reason why new players suffer in EEG because they go about building their characters haphazardly rather than methodically.

They're all over the place trying to get hard feats before easy feats, raid feats before solo feats, grindy feats before easy feats. They have bad artifacts, poorly leveled artifacts and poorly leveled stat piercing horizontal progress.

You can't keep giving then leg ups so that they can avoid playing with their brain.

This game is much, much easier for a new player already and farming these items with source marks is horribly far from the impossibility you allege it is.

They reduced source marks in one instance that was being over farmed but even with that reduction, the ability to farm source marks now as opposed to the old system is infinitely better.

Also if you want a hybrid system that's fine, advocate for it, it's already there, it just needs to be more efficient but not at the expense of what is now superpowered and weapons expert.