The superman emblem from Death of Superman will it ever come back?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kye Son, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Otherwise, I don't really see which emblem we are talking about, is it the 80 years old one ? or another one ???
  2. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

It's precisely because Superman is the most important DC character that DC Entertainment is so strict about use of his symbology.

In any case, you're complaining to the wrong people. It's DC Entertainment/Comics that makes the restrictions; DCUO can only do what their licensor allows. Yelling at DCUO people is utterly pointless. Lobby DC Entertainment, if you can figure out who to lobby.
    • Like x 2
  3. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Jeebus. Setting aside how insanely unfair that would be to all the people who worked hard to earn the feat, do you really want to set a precedent of DCUO removing feats because reasons?

Meanwhile, asking for innumerable players to suffer a loss simply because there's a feat that can no longer be earned is the epitome of self-centeredness. There's never been any sort of guarantee in the game that all people would always be able to earn all feats.

That's the opposite of the actual policy, which is that whatever DCUO says is what goes.

I think the max SP at the moment is 613. If people can only earn, oh, 612, or 611, IT MAKES NO FREAKING DIFFERENCE TO GAME PLAY.

It's simply not a significant loss to anyone other than to people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. And that's not a thing that needs to be catered to by a game company.

We're all not going to have the absolutely max Skill Points. Some feats are time or experience limited. Deal with it. It's not the only such trivial limitation life will through at you over the decades. But it's definitely one of the least important.
    • Like x 2
  4. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

If 10 feat points are this important, I can't wait for the inevitable mulberry bush thread he makes when he finds out about the 50pt hack feat lol
    • Like x 3
  5. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

To earn the Zod Emblem, you must KNEEL BEFORE ZOD 500 times.
    • Like x 5
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  7. Shadow Force Committed Player

By your logic you shouldn't have it available through style unlocking phase 4, if you characters missed it they missed it.
    • Like x 1
  8. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Talk to WB/DC....it's their Intellectual Property and their stipulations. If this game were made directly by WB/DC instead of licensed i'd agree with your assessment.
  9. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Uhh...it's their "toy" (intellectual property), they can pretty much do whatever they damn well please with it. Dimensional Ink can ask and negotiate for usage, but they can't tell them what to do with their property (no matter how mad we customers get).
    • Like x 1
  10. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

Yet the Emblem is already everywhere in game. I can put on the House of El warsuit or the Fallen God suit and do villainous deeds all day long. The Emblem is even on a bouncy ball. The fact that it is not an Emblem that can be bought or collected is the ridiculous part after allowing the Emblem to be everywhere else in game. And guess what? No Bizarro Emblem either. The reasoning people give for this is beyond my comprehension I guess.
    • Like x 1
  11. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

Hence the ridiculous part. A game about DC comics and DC characters cannot have the flagship emblem offered to players yet the Emblem is everywhere in the game already.
    • Like x 1
  12. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

So you want more chest pieces with an 'already in place' Superman Emblem but do not question why the Emblem itself is off limits as a stand alone piece? Interesting.
  13. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I suspect it's as simple as the fact that lawyers are taught to be as cautious as possible. No IP (Intellectual Property) lawyer at DC Entertainment/Warner Brothers wants to be the one who gave permission for a usage that in any way came back to bite the corporation in their rear.

Is such biting actually likely? Perhaps not, but: lawyers are paid to be as cautious and paranoid as possible. More or less. And there's no serious downside to them for saying "no." The safe choice is to say "no."

That's how it probably looks to them. Of course, I have no inside knowledge and it's not inconceivable there could be some other reason. I just don't know what that would be.

Oh, and lastly, DC Entertainment/Warner Bros. are under no obligation to be consistent or explain their choices or have them be rational. Sure, some of their choices are absolutely inconsistent with each other. If you think that matters to them, you're wrong. There's no significant downside for their being inconsistent and no significant upside to being consistent.
    • Like x 2
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

What is there to question? It's theirs and they can do as they please. Being upset isn't really gonna do anything other than get your blood pressure raised.
    [IMG]
  15. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Not to particularly defend DC Entertainment/WB here, but I'm curious as to why you think that DC Entertainment or Warner Bros. should or would or will give a damn about what we players in one of many games they've licensed think?

So the inconsistency may look inexplicable and silly to us. But why should they care?

(Naked capitalism hasn't exactly gone uncriticized for valuing only the bottom line for the shareholders or owners. Gamers of the world, unite! We must seize the means of production of internet games! Only then can there be justice for gamers.)
    • Like x 1
  16. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  17. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

How about people learn to live without those feats that they want but don't actually need? Doing that requires ZERO programing and no one loses a thing. And remember, we're living in a time where rotations/loadouts & Artifacts have a greater effect on your efficacy than a dozen or so skill points.
    • Like x 2
  18. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I don't agree with that one bit. This is a game where you can be a hero or a villain. There are tons of evil Superman out there in the comics and since this is a game where you get to be whoever you want it's safe to say I don't believe in "Superman and what he stands for by doing villainous deeds or engaging in non-Superman-esque behavior". The fact of the matter is because Super pants over there is the face of Detective Comics this game can't truly excel when you have limitations such as emblems. If the S symbol is such a big issue then at least the shield should be more reasonable at least then we can have a red lantern or any lantern emblem in place of the S symbol.

"The fact that we were able to get any kind of version of the emblem at all was pretty incredible." That's pretty sad to read, it gives the impression that we were lucky we even got an emblem to begin with.
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

We were lucky. It was one of the highest requested style pieces and it only took 8 years for DC to approve it.
    • Like x 1
  20. Brit Loyal Player

That one specific emblem will not return. Fortunately, Superman artists have made hundreds of different interpretations of that emblem.

[IMG]

Instead of asking to have an Emblem return after being told by the development team that it cannot be returned, why don't we pick, you know, literally any other version of the Superman emblem and ask for that as something new.
    • Like x 4