The Suicide Squad movie was a Raid

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by The 14th Doctor, Aug 10, 2016.

1. The 14th Doctor Dedicated Player

**********SPOILERS FOR SUICIDE SQUAD********************

So, I saw the SS movie a few days ago and it was very awesome!! I loved it so much!! And, I was thinking about it. The plot was essentially styled like a raid in DCUO. I mean, the beginning part really wasn't. Unless you see that as attempting to put together a group over LFG or Trade chat. The group entered the map (the city). The person who didn't even try was kicked from the mission (Slipknot); this could also be those people who lehave a mission before it actually starts for some reason (hate those people with a burning passion sometimes). They faced many adds. The first subboss was basically the Joker. More adds. People leaving the mission. Eventually, you get to the boss. More adds, then boss. Boss is invincible until you perform a certain action. Second boss spawns, but after you lost your tank. So, everyone goes DPS on the boss (I'm not sure who would be the support roles, but I know el Diablo was the Tank). Eventually, you beat the boss.

Plus, there was Amanda Waller with her whole "you'll be working with members of the Suicide Squad. I advise you to stick to the mission" speech.

So, the movie was a DCUO raid, essentially. And, it was still very awesome!
    • Like x 2
  2. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

Spoilers:

The team went to the glowy thing to face a "God", they burn and blow up the no.2 boss. Even though their weapons were useless, they win inexplicably.

It was Ghostbusters!:D
    • Like x 1
  3. HideTheBodies Loyal Player

I thought the same thing when they were fighting the creature-things. They seemed like generic adds and posed zero threat to the group. I did not think this was awesome. Yes, I know other movies do it, too. I think it's dumb in any movie.
  4. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

Also they didn't bring a healer, Slip Knot disconnected and El Diablo was afk for most of the Raid.
    • Like x 3
  5. HideTheBodies Loyal Player

Rick Flagg: This is the deal: You disobey me, you get kicked. You try to escape, you get kicked.You irritate or vex me... and guess what? You get kicked.
    • Like x 2
  6. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Lol, if there's stipulations like that, I can't help but say.....
    "Just wanted to point out before we start that I'm known to be quite vexing, just full warning you"
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  7. Gam3r4Lif3 Dedicated Player

Harley was fun to watch.....wait I mean the movie!!! :D

But for real she and Deadshot stole the show for me.
    • Like x 1
  8. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

El Diablo was totally a fire tank guys.
    • Like x 1
  9. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Well I'll confirm Boomerang was the Controller and Killer Croc was a melee DPS. Healers were redundant is this raid, must of been to easy.
  10. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

I heard there's a Harley Quinn sex scene in the movie. No offense, but don't you guys think that
    Harley Quinn is being oversexualized in movies and in TV? I mean, "Daddy's Lil' Monster" on
    a small tshirt and licking her bar cell bars. That's way too sexual for her. Not to mention, when
    she uses her bat she does a jerking off motion with her hands. Now that's pushing it way too
    far. Come on guys, tone down the sex a little come on.

[IMG]
  11. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

Just to prove my point, there's examples of Harley Quinn's sexual references on TV and movies. Take for example,
    the popular kid's show, Batman: The Animated Series. In that series, there was this episode where The Joker was
    upset. Harley Quinn wanted to cheer him up, so she started hitting on him. She even said, "Come on pudding. Don't you want to rev up your Harley. Rumm, rumm." Now that's an obvious sex invite in that line. Also, in Batman: Arkham Assault, there's this sex scene where you get to see Harley Quinn mostly somewhat naked in bed. She has sex with some guy. Also,
    in Batman: Arkham CIty you can see Harley Quinn somewhat naked. I don't think the creator had all this sex, when he or she
    created her.
  12. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

That scene? She is imitating a shot-gun, if it was a sexual motion, she would have hat it a groin-level (unless your groin is in your neck area :eek: )
  13. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

B:TAS was a kid's show? o_O

Fairly sure Harley's creators were still heavily involved in the show during that "Rev up your Harley!" episode (Harley was created for the show, originally as a one-off character)
  14. Malachyte Devoted Player

Ok, Harley is smoking hot....and Grood know she reminds me of my high school girlfriend...though Tess was no where near as hot, but just as nuts....lol
  15. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

It pretty much debuted in the after school time slot, the show however did mature along with it's audience but it was never gratuitous. B:TAS is like 90% subtext, like the way they handled the Poison Ivy/Harley Quinn relationship or even the abusive relationship between her and the Joker.

As for her more recent portrayals, I think it's just a sign of the times. I don't think younger audiences appreciate subtext or implications anymore, they'd rather just have everything obviously laid out. I blame the internet.:rolleyes:
  16. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

With the re-used ending it does seem like it :p
  17. SuperBell Loyal Player

El Diablo was being carried in CR 113 gear, until he switched his armory and became CR167. Slipknot was kicked for the LOLs. (Joker later disables the kick feature for a bit).

You're putting together a team of the worst of the worst. Everybody is going to wipe and it's going to be a fail run, but for some reason they get it done, and even get a feat (unlocking BET) and a rare base item (Cappuccino machine). Plus, just before the boss fight, everybody BRBs to get alcohol. At least that's what I do.
    • Like x 1
  18. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

With the exceptional technical advances we made since the 90ies, it's also dumb to still do this in video games. Yet, gamers seem to think it's great to waste all that extra power on better graphics instead of challenging content and game-AI improvements....
    • Like x 1
  19. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Why ruin a good thing puddin? ;)
    [IMG]
  20. The 14th Doctor Dedicated Player

That is a perfect explination