The Struggle Is Real in Omnibus Lol

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by El Guapo, Oct 5, 2022.

1. El Guapo Well-Known Player

Had the unfortunate frustration of getting Clocktower as the omni raid. Lets just say I've enjoyed being food poisoned more. I understand the impatience towards teaching now. You can't be a teacher if they never read. Also had an experienced person in the raid on mic trying to explain while I typed in chat, none of the inexperienced picked up any tips.

It was a str8 up nightmare, all I wanted to do was collect the 30 Steve Trevor triumphs for double marks week lol.
    Finally we had enough and just left. Its way too easy to skip raids and gear up now. Its hurting the game, yeah I said it. After inspecting some of the inexperienced ppl they were 356-371 cr and it boggles my mind how they don't know what to do in a raid that was 260-270ish if I remember correctly.

I can't blame cr skip because you don't need to cr skip at all. Although this is a frustration post I'm really not mad at all and its actually kind of funny, but my mind is blown from todays run. Chat is underused from what I've learned today, so how is the player base supposed to get better? lol
    • Like x 8
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Cr skips and fast leveling isn’t really the issue. You said it yourself. You and someone else were trying to explain and the rest were unwilling to listen. That’s not an issue with gear. It’s an issue with the games population in general unfortunately
    • Like x 9
  3. kingofthebeast Active Player

The problem is everyone is playing dcuo all wrong. If you want control then you have to be in a league and soley run with league or premade group. You cannot jump in a pug and get upset that it's not a cake walk. You choose that.
  4. Leonite Well-Known Player

Happened to me on a different raid. We asked in the group if everyone understands the mech after explaining it and if somebody does't reply with a YES or NO, that player will be kicked out. If you don't know the mech, say NO and we'll repeat the mech. But if you're not even invested enough to even say NO then you're out.
    • Like x 4
  5. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It is though because a majority of newer players have no idea what's going on, no concept of mechanics, no concept of teamwork/support roles and there's no communication. All these new people know how to do is 'queue up' and 'put on gear'. And 50% of the time it's not even the correct gear. They're not spending nearly enough time at the lower levels building a foundation for their characters or learning anything because everything they do rewards a piece of gear putting them one step closer to end game. Log in: get a piece of gear. Open a capsule: get a piece of gear. Turn in that mission: get a piece of gear. Tap the boss once: get a piece of gear. Stand outside the room and pick your nose: get a piece of gear.

It is ridiculously easy to get a character from tutorial to Flashpoint.
    • Like x 6
  7. El Guapo Well-Known Player

Nowhere in this post did I imply that I wanted a cake walk run. I failed to mention we wiped about six or seven times explaining after each wipe, yet they just kept doing the same thing. I don't mind pugging because I try to give ppl a chance and teach mechs, but if they never listen.....life is too short
    • Like x 1
  8. El Guapo Well-Known Player

We kicked the tank because we were trying to communicate with him and he never listened or read the chat. Gave him several chances. It wasn't just the tank though, couldn't kick anymore ppl after that.
    • Like x 1
  9. Proxystar #Perception

You don't change the game because people lack a fundamental ability to read.

You just let them fail until they learn to do so and send a strong worded letter to your local politician asking them what they're doing with money that's supposed to be funding the education system :p
    • Like x 4
  10. El Guapo Well-Known Player

Me after I read your post.

• Like x 3
  11. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

If you want to have a relatively consistent victory in Omnibus... you have to learn carry extra weight.

Everyone is so quick to say "this healer is butt", "this guy can't dps", "there's no power!", or "the tank is has no white mods".

Focus on what you can do. If you've been playing awhile and think you're so special that you deserve the right to sit there and judge everyone else for being terrible... you're only hurting yourself.

If you're the healer or the tank... are you wearing you're entire support set up? That's silly. It's regular content. Find the balance to help the damage.

Are you just a dps and the tank keeps losing aggro? Shield yourself and learn to do damage on the move at the same time.

There's no power and everyone is whining? Throw speed drain or word of power on instead of your regular supercharge.

You're a buff troll and the damage is awful? Stop buffing... focus on power and doing damage yourself. You can't buff zero into 10.

It's omnibus... the school bus in grade school is more savage. Don't waste your time and energy trying to "fix" a group. You can probably solve most issues by just adjusting yourself.
    • Like x 1
  12. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Last night I had the unfortunate luck of queuing Omni and found myself in a raid already in progress. Monsters of Metal. There was no team work, instead there was consistent bickering & name calling. Revolving door players added to mayhem. SOMEHOW, we made it to the final boss. Sadly, only myself and 1 other would try to take the metal alloy to Spire. We kept wiping at the point of at least 3 out of 6 deliveries of the metal alloy. After the 3rd wipe, I grew so frustrated I left it. I was prob wrong of me to abandon them but after 58 min of this frustration, I couldn't take it any longer.

I am not saying Omni is to blame nor am I implying it is the blame. All Omni is doing is bringing groups of players together for a mission. Beware pug groups I guess.
  13. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

So if a new player gets qued into an omni run and they are told to do a specific task, their gear or sp won’t factor into whether they listen or don’t listen. It will impact their overall effectiveness in said run but won’t factor into them following directions. You even have EG players who don’t listen
  14. Plowed In Loyal Player

Go into your settings, find “Join instance in progress” and toggle it “off.”
    • Like x 3
  15. Sghoul Well-Known Player

I believe Omni IS partially to blame. Omni is a simple system that the game allows everyone to do very early in the game. It has no real filter. However the various missions are not created equally. And the game itself does not tech mechanics well, especially for those missions that have very specific mechanics that they expect you to pick up by an NPC saying something in the middle of a hectic fight. So people get stuck in content they can't handle with no way of knowing they can't handle it. They didn't pick to do a mission that suddenly changed the rules and now expects them to do more than just spam their rotations. They just used a game function that the game introduced to them immediately after the tutorial.

And yes, some of it is the players. Absolutely. But keep in mind, not everyone playing speaks English. The game doesn't teach you to use the chat window, so some people don't read it, or maybe that don't see what you typed, or can't read fast enough. Same with voice chat. People play with the volume off (the game can be a constant source of random noises), or maybe have the voice turned down because in a previous mission some dipstick was blasting the argument they were having with their SO over voice. Etc, etc. And because of the Console factor, a good portion of players don't even have keyboards.

Some of the mechanics are just butt, and the prompts don't always tell people what to do. Take the fake kryptonite in the current 4 man. All you get is Batman saying something about leading him to it and some symbols over some of the canisters. But the symbols mean nothing to most people. Sometimes they are so far away you may not even see them. And you can only control yourself, so if the aggroed player doesn't get it, then tough crap. This means 1 weak link screws everyone. And I can only kick someone once every 3 hours, so I don't even have a good mechanism to deal with them if they won't listen. Yes, I realize at normal this isn't a huge deal, but then why have the mechanic at all...it just makes you have to wait through the freezing. And I am sure at higher levels it does matter, but many don't bother to learn it because they don't have a reason to until they do and now they are causing wipes.

Many games teach the mechanics by introducing it earlier. Maybe having some earlier enemies that use the mechanic before the boss fight would help.

When it comes down to it, the game wasn't really designed well for the things they have introduced over time to make the game more diverse in gameplay.

Lastly, to the folks here that continue to just use the only "players need to get gudder" mantra....if every player that wasn't at your level of good quit the game today, I am willing to bet that the place would be a ghost town. Casuals are what keep populations up these days, for better or worse.
    • Like x 6
  16. GBATMANG New Player

How do you all feel about tanks in this game "Kiting"?

I know that in most MMO's it's a standard, and an important skill. In here however, I've gotten the sense that some powers are Line of Sight, specifically heals. When a tank rushes forward, kiting the adds along with him, around corners, out of range of DPS and Support, I feel it's a real issue.

This is one of the things I've noticed happening in Omni raids. People in a rush, trying to shave off a few minutes, don't seem to care if PC players can't follow them, and damage the adds at the same time, or heal, or provide power.

Maybe it's possible on a console? Maybe these Tanks aren't aware that PC players can't do two things at the same time? Or that many heals etc. don't work around corners well?

The other issue is that often adds will slip by, past, get left behind during this and anyone who might happen to go down is on their own getting back to where ever the group may now be.

So what's the consensus on this?

Shouldn't a tank in DCUO primarily be focused on control and gathering of mobs, and not kiting like many other games?

I considered making this it's own thread but I feel it's a result of the Omni crowd.
  17. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

The Lorax said it the best, this is the same issue i ran in, in the BOP Volcano Mining Facility alert, they were all high cr & after inspecting them the 2 dps didn't have a single white mod & the healer had mixed healer and dps gear & on top of that they didn't read or see instructions i typed in group chat on how to do the mechanics and one player at the end picked up a power core and didn't deliver it to huntress when it's clearly on the screen and clear as day he saw myself and the healer doing it but kept dpsing.

Don't even get me started on the horrors i encountered in The Hall of Hades raid, players picking up stuff they don't know what to do with, i miss the old days when raids had players full of strategy not this new burn and get my rewards generation of players.
    • Like x 2
  18. FlexVibrant Well-Known Player

Most CR skips tbh are alts from veteran players. A CR skip is tough because the leveling up process is a slow grind and a cr skip will always be weaker than a main. We cant expect every pug to be the same. It could be a vet who just wants marks or a new player. Or a vet new to a power trying things out. Its a mixed bag of players when you queue pug style.

I was in CTr this morning. 3 bailed but luckily got a tank. I knew the mechs before the main boss so it went smoothly. We only had one valid dps but got through the raid in 12 minutes.

However I was grouped with 3 other friends who are very strong. Just never pug omnibus unless you feel like God mode and want to carry 7.
    • Like x 1
  19. GermanM Committed Player

CR skip´s should be to player´s with certain CR or SP´s in a toon already created.
    • Like x 3
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

PUG groups were always a mess but the situation has escalated. This is what happens when new players get fast-tracked to end game. Before CR skips a player would spend months up to a year building their characters up and that was plenty of time to learn about all aspects of gameplay, develop skills, learn social norms, etc.

And now all you have to do is just show up or open your wallet. Rewards are passed out like Halloween candy. Trying to kick people who are intentionally griefing is like pulling teeth. You have to beg in group chat sometimes to get people to vote or leave and find anew group. Getting a new character to end game can take anywhere from minutes to weeks. That is not enough time to learn the game or develop skills and now you see the end result: catastrophic runs, no communication, absentee players, watered down mechanics.
    • Like x 1