The Stabilizer Duo Entrance Closes Fast!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Highplains Sailor, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Highplains Sailor Well-Known Player

Just wondering how many of you get 'locked out' of the Stabilizer duo because the gate closes so fast. Earlier I interacted to open the gate and immediately turned to move in, and didn't make it even though it looked wide open to me. I think what happens is that as soon as the gate begins to rise up you can't pass through, even if it looks like the way is clear. It mainly happens if I am the one opening the gate.

Of course all you do is use the yellow "Enter" door and you're in, so its not a big deal. But it bugs me a bit because for that brief period of time the other person is doing all the work (not like the Stabilizer event is hard, mind you).

I have to admit that when it comes to hand-eye coordination with mouse/keyboard or game controller, I am probably among the slowest and worse in the entire universe. Dead people have better reflexes than I do. I've seen people heading towards outdoor seasonal Hell Portals at top hyper speed and they stop on a dime to interact. Takes me a week to hit the spot where I am interacting with the Portal and NOT a pumpkin :(

So I was wondering if the devs could slow down that door just a little bit? Or is there a reason it opens and closes so fast?
  2. Miss Martian Well-Known Player

If everyone be polite to wait for their team mates and don't go a head to the door fast, this problem doesn't exist, but anyways as you said this is not a big deal, the duo is short and you can do it again if you don't get the loot as long as I know even if you don't enter you get the loot.
    But after all the point of doing the Stabilizer Fragment duo is not fighting, and is for getting the fragments loot.
    • Like x 1
  3. FoolsFire Devoted Player

If someone, somehow gets killed...is there really a problem with them getting back in?

Just get rid of the doors.
  4. recoil2 Dedicated Player

two solutions for this as it's the dps score board chasers who ruin this duo, lock it where both team mates have to be in the same place and make it like all the seasonals/alerts and raids where you're instantly transported to where the other person is, or just make the thing a solo and not even have to worry about it.
    • Like x 1
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Well since there is a 30% chance that the other guy will sit at spawn until the loot comes in...polishing his nails or whatever...I just go in when the door is open. I've about given up on the whole not finishing the thing just to annoy a spawn sitting lazy person. It's not worth my time to make a point that they will probably not even appreciate (I'll still do it if I'm really bored and have time to kill). A few of the doors like the AOJ room close super fast and I'm not feeling like having to get on chat and call out "1-2-3 NOW GO" just to make sure we get in at the same time since it can be literally .5 seconds sometimes before the door comes down. The enter circle is there...if you miss the door just go through that. I go in as fast as I can and kill everything as fast as I can so I can get out of the stupid run as fast as I can.

The funny thing is that the people who complain about being locked out by rude 'scoreboard chasers' and the other guy 'doing all the work' on a 1 minute nerf'd duo are probably most concerned that when the scoreboard comes up their DPS will be so much lower than the other guy....meaning that they too are scoreboard chasers, otherwise why would you care?

Get in get out. If we could get rid of the scoreboard would be fine with me...I click O on it so fast to close it I could be out DPS'd by or out DPS the other buy by 10x....who cares? Or like Recoil said, make it a solo. Why does it need to be a DUO? Due to the spawn sitters, I've solo'd this in every role, so a duo is unnecessary. Requiring both people to be there is a terrible idea as you will que in with jerks who will avoid entering the room just to be jerks because they have nothing better to do.

For the record, if I'm nodding off or if my spawn in takes a bit longer to get in...feel free to get in and start without me...I will not complain if I get in late or miss the 'fun' entirely...even if I end up with GASP! a 0 on the scoreboard at the end or come up short by 50%. Boo Hoo.

Reinheld
    • Like x 2
  6. Knarlydude Loyal Player

You can be standing next to the door, move to get in and it will close on you. It's not you, it just WONKY.

That being said, you cannot get locked out of the duo. The yellow portal ring should be right in front of the door the whole instance.

• Like x 1
  7. Knarlydude Loyal Player

No, you cannot get locked out. The yellow portal is always there so that you can get in. When I've had knuckleheads try to AFK on me.

I get naked and take a dive. :D

When they see me go down they usually go in. When I respawn. I make sure they went in and started and are not still.......standing there. If they are still standing there I leave but like I said......you can never get locked out.
    • Like x 1
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

If the door closes, turn around and you'll notice a big yellow circle.
    • Like x 2
  9. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

That's what he meant by "the yellow Enter door."
  10. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Or better yet?

Make it a SOLO
    • Like x 2
  11. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I'm going to chime in on this and agree with Barbara ... in almost every instance where I find myself having to use the glowing ring to get into the battle zone its because I got to the door first and clicked on and then.. my "TEAM MATE" zipped by at the speed of light locking me out. The whole thing takes under 2 minutes do we REALLY need to be in that big a hurry? I think about half the time its the score board chasers determined to get in there and get off a few shots before me so they can be tops in Damage out. Just makes my day when they pull that and then the score board pops and i did more damage than they did anyway

The map is so small I'm pretty sure they get rewards no matter where they are.. Hey we have other threads where players, myself included are complaining because a number of players sit at the entrance and never do anything. Like you say not even that is a huge thing because i can solo the thing in under 2 minutes but some how I doubt players would keep just showing up and watching me destroy everything from the safety of the front door if they are NOT getting fragments.

I have said it before and will hop on my soap box again.. easiest solution to the problem (both the door and the freeloaders) make the thing a solo . I've finished it solo with numerous alts in as little as 90 seconds.
    • Like x 1
  12. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I totally agree, no idea why they ever made it a duo in the first place.
  13. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I've had this happen a lot in two of the duo instances, but I feel like it make have something to do with the amount of latency.
    • Like x 1
  14. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I kind of asked them too originally. I was lonely LOL

Yeah I have no trouble at all soloing the thing and its not like it hands out some rare armor that everyone wants.. You get 6 fragments, some Nth Metal, and a piece of furniture.. Oh and a piece of candy usually for you Teekl bucket at the moment. with a GOOD team mate I have been out the exit with all that in hand (okay in inventory) in as little as 1 minute and 3 seconds. Solo I can be done in like 1 minute 38 seconds (figures from my last stabilizer duo with the freeloader sitting at the entrance).
    • Like x 1
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

And who is the scoreboard chaser? If you derive any satisfaction from out scoring someone in a nerf'd run, regardless of when you get in vs the other player, you are too concerned with the scoreboard. I generally don't give it a look even and press O then leave. Honestly about the only thing I ever look at (if anything) is if I see a toon using the same power but a different loadout. At that point I do like seeing how the results pan out and if I see a huge difference I might take a look at using whatever they were using.

You are correct. Rewards pop regardless of where you are. Hence the 'sit at spawn' guys...if they didn't get rewards I really don't understand their motivation. Not that I understand just sitting there even if you do get rewards.

Total agreement. Why not a solo? Or again, do away with it altogether and make it a button like the daily reward button in the event area. Put it in the WT/HOD...press button...get fragments. Heck, you can keep the Nth metal and furniture if you want and just pop the fragments if I get a button I can press once a day.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  16. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

But see it is not always a case of a player getting locked out because they are taking too long. I have lost track of how many times i have gotten to the controls for the door first, click the control to open the door and then had the other guy zip past me and inside shutting the door before my Alt had even completed the animation for the CLICK.

Now like you I gave up a long time ago worrying about the freeloader at the entrance that "just wants to watch" and I take a second to add them to ignore and then go in and kill everything in site. Don't even bother saying anything to them before I leave. I have better things to do than waste 5 minutes trying to force them to participate on a mission I can finish solo in under 2 minutes

NOW for those "score board chasers" that let me open the door and then fly past me locking me out.. I have a new strategy I've done twice now. I figure if topping that score board is THAT important you go for it dude... and I stay at the doorway until the last mob spans and then warp in. usually this means I arrive just in time to help defeat the boss. If the high damage score is that important to them .. I help them get it by letting them deal with all the mobs solo. LOL
    • Like x 1
  17. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

First off READ my response to your first post here. I am not now nor have i ever been overly concerned about that stupid score board and I'd love to see the thing totally disappear. I am the DPS that will STOP attacking mobs to click on team mates to rez them so we have a better chance at not having a team wipe. I am the guy who 1) knows the mechanics and stops shooting at Klarion as soon as the crystals appear because I REALIZE he is invulnerable to damage until they are dealt with. I have run the alert every day since October 1st and I've actually had a few where I delivered all 5 crystals because no one else could be bothered. I'll stop shooting at stuff and go help click on objectives so we can get out of THAT room and move on to the next boss battle.. and probably because I play support I tend to keep an eye on the team even in DPS role... I am the guy that will move in behind a team mate taking huge damage and pop my supply drop to heal them.. OR stop shooting at stuff and go get a healing barrel.

MY point was with two even average players.. not those holier than thou with 6000 SP all of it poured into Might/Power <---- just to clarify for you this is called sarcasm. but back to the point.. the whole mission can be done in barely over 1 minute. So you tell me why it is so important for that guy to zip past me and lock me out so he can shoot at stuff longer that I do? Now every so often it may be an accident... a couple of those door snap shut in a heartbeat but more often its one of those same guys that you see on alerts and raids racing ahead to the next room so he can starting killing stuff there before the rest of us arrive. the ones who I swear think the main objective of this game is out damage every body else and when the DIE in that room full of mobs designed to be attacked by 4 to 8 players not 1.. suddenly it is the healer or the tanks fault because we all know agro and heals work around corners and can penetrate wall right? Hey I have run that DUO with tanks, trolls and even healers where I pretty much knew I was going to be the one that did the most damage but I had no issue teaming with them and because I play those roles myself and they have as much right to be there getting those rewards as I do.
    • Like x 1
  18. Brit Loyal Player

I haven't noticed it with the Belle Reeve stabilizer, nor the Qwardian Weaponers one, but the Per Decagon stabilizer seems to slam shut right in my face every time.

Also, the Per Decagon one has a bugged exit where it appears up in the ceiling, past the barrier where you cannot fly, so you need to fly down the hallway back to the entrance. While it's not a big deal; it's only an extra 100 meters, but it is broken and it's annoying to have the exit spawn in an unreachable place.
    • Like x 1
  19. Dene Devoted Player

Its a silly exit.. but it is actually reachable

You go up, then there's a gap, in the ceiling to go through to then get to the portal.. its fiddly to get to and much easier to fly back
    • Like x 2
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I did....hence my response about you getting some satisfaction out of out dpsing someone who charged past you....I also said 'in a nerf'd duo' so your examples of how you run raids and observe mechanics were off-point. Just saying....You can't say you don't care about the scoreboard when you take satisfaction from the scoreboard. You care a bit obviously...maybe just out of spite for what you see as a scoreboard chaser, but you care.

I'm guessing you typo'd for 600, but as the max is around 440, that seems a bit off the mark. No need to exaggerate.

Reinheld