The Snyder Cut is ssssiiiicccckkkk

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Helderman, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Helderman Dedicated Player

The King himself said it. Jason Momoa saw Zack Snyder's cut of Justice League. After almost two years with the filthy taste of JOSStice League in our mouths and the John Campeas of life trying to take down the movement it's confirmed: the Snyder cut exists, it's finished and it's SSSSIIIICCCCKKKK.
    • Like x 1
  2. Controller Devoted Player

Is it out yet?
  3. Helderman Dedicated Player

Snyder showed it personally to Momoa
    • Like x 1
  4. Controller Devoted Player

Well hopefully us underlings can see it on DVD or some other medium soon.
  5. Neph Dedicated Player

We will get the Snyder cut about the same time it took for us to get the Donner cut. ;)

Campea is a hack, his only claim to fame is his relationship to Mark Hamill's son; please don't sub to that guy...
  6. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Snyder did a great job with Watchmen, and at least an okay job with Man of Steel (didn't regret paying money to see it in theaters, anyhow LOL).

But between some of the things he kinda missed the mark on with MoS and most of the things that went wrong with BvS, it's tough for me to care much about how "sick" Mr. Momoa thinks Snyder's Justice League cut is.

To each their own, though.
  7. Neph Dedicated Player

Momoa saying things are sick is like Kevin Smith crying, take it with a grain of salt.

Snyder is a fantastic visual director; his stories lacked, storywise, not really thought or fleshed out.

Zod not being able to move his eyeballs to kill that family? Huh? Batman fumbling over he and Clark's mothers both being named Martha? (that should have been a small inside joke between Bruce and Clark for the end of the movie or for another time)

Man of Steel was good, nice visuals and a great cast for the role of Superman.
    BvS was a good concept that tried to cram too many things into it lost its identitiy.
    JL was the studio execs trying to salvage what they thought they would potentially lose, which they lost anyway.
    • Like x 1
  8. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I think a significant problem was that Snyder really may not have been the best person for the job. I agree that he's a fantastic visual director, but he just didn't seem to grasp what makes those heroes resonate with fans. Especially when they kept going on and on about Superman providing hope in the trailers and ads for MoS, but he wasn't exactly inspiring hope for me when he showed up on screen.

Snyder's take on Batman was a bit over the top at times, but decent. But Superman and the others aren't Batman, and you can't really paint them all with the same brush. It worked for Watchmen because that whole story/universe and the characters are all rather bleak to begin with, but the same doesn't necessarily hold true for the DC universe iconic characters.
    • Like x 1
  9. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Sigh, your lack of actual knowledge is showing again.

There is absolutely no marketable cut of Snyder's version of JL. Does he have completely unfinished, no CGI cuts of his work? Yes, of course, he had to put stuff together while filming to show his progress but none of that is in anyway ready to be released without spending millions of dollars to do so.

The "Snyder cut" obsessed people just need to move on, it will never happen.
    • Like x 1
  10. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Editing killed this too. There were 2 deleted scenes that if left in would have given context to 2 of the characters. The first was the African woman speaking to the senate. There's a deleted scene where she was having regrets about lying about Superman and Lex had her "accidentally" fall onto a train tracks. The other is when they went to Wally's apartment after the bombing and he had fresh groceries put away indicating that no one who was about to be a suicide bomber would have done.
  11. Neph Dedicated Player

Zach has a work print of his cut; most of the effects are not composited, rendered and temp adr tracks accompany the print. It’s what he used to show the execs. Legally he should not be allowed to show anyone outside of the production the print, that is why no one has seen it, except for those who are authorized to.

It probably won’t see the light of day for a while, but I am sure, years down that we will get to see it. We will not get a theatrical release, nor a home video release either. Only hear about private viewings and film festivals.
  12. Helderman Dedicated Player

THE MINISTRY OF HEALTH WARNS: the habit of watching John Campea and Collider kill your brain cells
  13. Critical Massacre Committed Player

Snyder makes the most comic accurate movies I’ve ever seen. 300 and Watchman were almost shot for shot remakes to their comics. If you like comics then you have to appreciate that. Man of Steel and BvS were also largely based off of comics and developed with Jim Lee (one of the greatest comic book writers of our time). The changes to BvS from the comic were done to incorporate the building of a larger universe. The movies were dark but it accurately depicted the comics and thankfully gave us something different from the marvel movies which are fun but lacks depth. His action sequences blow anything that marvel has ever made and they’ve been reflected well into other movies like Wonder Woman and Aquaman. His style was refreshing with such a larger cinematic superhero presence that could easily suffer from burn out he gave us something different and really good. I fear for the dc cinematic universe without him, hopefully whoever takes over tries to follow in his footsteps. I think WB is foolish for not releasing the Snyder cut and the longer the wait the bigger the movement is going to be, seems like easy money to me. They also did him dirty with replacing him when his daughter died. I hope it gets a full cinematic release but I’m sure at some point it will at the very least get “leaked” online.
  14. bit.do/john832 New Player