The September Content!! What is it?!?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dark Soldier, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

With it being a few months away, we have a few months to speculate, hope & request....and over the last few years that's really the only thing my threads have really consisted of, so why change that now?

I believe that it may be a dlc, because events in the past have run for 2 to 3 months, and 2 to 3 months after September would. Be December &&& i have the slightest feeling that a anti monitor pt2 could come in January.

But lets say it is a event heres a few ideas that i hope it could be
    • flashpoint antlantis vs Amazon ( hopefully stats mat will be out so we can get water)
    • omacs return
    • gotham gang war

If its a DLC, i only have one wish..
    Origin Crisis 2
    • Like x 5
  2. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Episode 28.5 *drops mic*
    • Like x 1
  3. MastaMind Dedicated Player

They made an announcement stating that it was a big event. Clearly Starro Pt. 2 but with something in place of the Starros. My best guess... Tacos. Invasion of the tacos.
    • Like x 5
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Do the tacos clamp to my face and hijack my body too?
    • Like x 5
  5. Sivulla Dedicated Player

Something really grindy.
    • Like x 4
  6. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

only if they introduce a fat body type on the vendor can be a fat body suit ;)
    • Like x 1
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Considering some of the toppings that can go on tacos, my first thought on reading that question was, "Ew." :confused: :D
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

So many toilets will be demolished
    • Like x 5
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I literally know nothing about tacos due to being a tea-drinking brit. Wasn't me that brought them up. I therefore nothing of potential toppings but have a hard believing that any could be worse than an alien starfish.
  10. IamINC Dedicated Player

As the boss is Julius and he's throwing tacos as a main attack and vomiting for an AOE i'm in!!
    • Like x 3
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Guess we know who truly is the most evil of Trigon's sons now. Weaponised tacos would be even worse than the anti-life equation.
    • Like x 4
  12. willflynne 10000 Post Club

It can depend, but things like sour cream, guacamole and hot sauce of varying degrees of intensity can be part of the mix. Any one of those alone being smashed into your face is enough to give one pause, but combined? Even without the mind control aspect, we're talking a potentially nasty and possible painful mess, especially if we're talking hard shell tacos over soft shell. :eek:
    • Like x 2
  13. MastaMind Dedicated Player

On a serious note. It would be so nice if there was a "Futures End" story line. If I hit the jackpot I am buying Daybreak Games and forcing them to start using some more modern story lines. Court Of Owls, Forever Evil, Death In The Family, War of Jokes and Riddles, etc. So much golden content there just waiting to be made.

Or we can always go with the taco idea. I am sure somewhere in DC Comics there is a taco based villain. If not lets just remaster the Condiment King.
    • Like x 1
  14. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Apparently its not a major event, but uncertainty on whether its an episode as such either. It will be permanent content, with maybe event stuff included, kinda like the preview for EP28, maybe expanded upon. Thats all there is to know atm I think.

I'd like it to be related in some form to the Justice League film coming out in November. This would include:

- A Teen Titans storyline (involving Cyborg of course)
    - An Aquaman/Mera starring episode, maybe go to Atlantis (as they both appear in Justice League)
    - Crime Syndicate - Justice League v Crime Syndicate, another alternate reality type episode
    - Maybe a Batman themed episode
    - Return of Darkseid (might be too soon though imo)

I think we've had enough Superman/WW content of late, so unless they were a fairly minor supporting role in one of the above ideas I'd rather not see another episode on one of them for a while at least. We've seen The Flash (Flash-related characters) a fair bit recently too, as well as Central City, and I don't know what else they could do with Flash now, apart from introduce Wally West.
    • Like x 1
  15. IamINC Dedicated Player

Justice League dark if we're being serious, more Constantine ,Swamp thing would be awesome and the introduction of Deadman too.
    • Like x 5
  16. MastaMind Dedicated Player

YES! With the house of mystery as well. Get it done devs.
    • Like x 1
  17. JasonIsley Devoted Player

I'm all for JLD, anything Batman, Teen Titan (no Trigon)
    • Like x 1
  18. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Whatever it is, can it please have some appealing cosmetics? I have yet to see anyone in game that's actively wearing any of the black hawk styles which tells me it didn't go well.
    • Like x 4
  19. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Now that we've gone back to the Justice Society era, I want to see the other half of my standing-since-I-first-joined desire fulfilled, and see a DLC set at least partially in the 30th century, starring the Legion of Super-heroes.

I'm not particular as to whom they should fight, but seeing Mordru, the Time Trapper, the Fatal Five, and a Sun-Eater, along with the future Science Police of 30th century Metropolis, would be great.

It was be obvious to re-use the Smallville setting for part of an operation; an iteration of part of Metropolis updated to the 30th century wouldn't necessitate an impossible amount of work, I should think. And we could, of course, have a new map or three, as well.

There are plenty of lesser space-based DC heroes who can be worked in, such as Adam Strange and Captain Comet, and the time travel aspect always allows for slippage and the presence of characters out of time. Surely DCUO isn't complete without an appearance from Detective Chimp. And the Legion of Super-Pets! And the Legion of Substitute Heroes! We could have an all-ape DLC!

(Okay, that last might be a bit much; but they can be scattered in the background of stories!)

This could all be part of an Origin Crisis, of course. Perhaps the Time Trapper is annoyed at Luthor's moves into his territory. Or perhaps Mordru resents Luthor's and Per Degaton's varied attempts to change timelines.

I'd also like to see, probably in different content, an appearance by Buddy Baker, Animal Man. I'd adore some kind of wacky solo or duo or alert drawing on the Grant Morrison era of ANIMAL MAN.
    • Like x 6
  20. GJGBlackDragon Dedicated Player

I fixed for you.

OP, it will be a mix of an event and an episode. Details will be discussed Soon(tm) by Mepps.
    • Like x 2