The Secret to using Lernaea's Amulet

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by catplaysxoxo, Aug 22, 2020.

1. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It doesn't matter how high your health is you're still buffing the group as long as no one else is using Tetra. In fact a buff Troll can essentially just be a DPS in troll role using Claw Tetra/Cog and whatever.

Tetrahedron isn't a niche Artifact because it's still highly recommended for Might specs. A lot of DPS won't use it because they don't want to buff the group.

Did they take the damage penalty away from all support roles?
  2. L T Devoted Player

RIFLE FTW!!!!
    • Like x 2
  3. L T Devoted Player

It's still there, but it's harder to see. It used to be that in your role description you took an x% damage penalty. Now in DPS stance you get a 10% bonus, which you obviously don't get when you switch (unless you're nature transformed, but pretty sure that's a bug).
  4. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Yeah clearly I don't know what that means lol but the Tetra should be able to stack with other tetra >_> and I rarely see anyone with the tetra anyways. It would appear they did since it's not in the description but you don't get any damage modifiers such as the 10% you get as a dps. But you're right a troller is pretty much a dps in troller role since they can buff themselves and the group. Not suffer damage penalty and can take advantage of the debuffs. I want to be a single buff troller but that's not going to happen. People want power. As much as the devs tried to make trollers more likable, the community still has the mindset of trollers being a battery and nothing more. Are test servers only available during testing or is it open all the time? I want to see if Everyman, Mystic and Manacles activate when being damaged by Lernaea's Amulet.
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Test server stays up usually.
  6. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Anyone that thinks trolls are just there to give power does not understand how the game works.
    • Like x 3
  7. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

That mindset was around since the game came out and it's been nearly 10 years.
  8. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Ive been trolling since forever. I run end game. almost 500 sp. Ill tell you this. I play and troll how I want. Couldnt care less about anyone else's opinion.
  9. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Same here but if you're pugging they'll just kick you.
  10. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

I never get kicked. Ever. I keep the group powered. I do my role. I play how I want. I dont get kicked.
  11. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Oh then you don't use the claw?
  12. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

I feel for ya then. I have never met a single person in thsi game that thinks about trolls that way.
    Powering the group is the primary mechanic BUT debuffs are invaluable IMO (and i have never heard anyone say otherwise).
    Most every troll that was even halfway decent was also giving group a shield, doing mechanics after setting debuffs an even picking ppl up an such.
    Trolls are an have always been a very active and engaged role.
    At least in my expereince thats how its always been pretty much.

Sorry you have ran into enough ppl that that that way to make u think thats the community mindset but i assure u its not lol.

Now generally speaking (like if im explaining it the simplest way possible to a potential new player or to help a new player pick a power) i usually say this:
    1) dps
    -damage enemys
    -do mechanics/pickups
    2) troll
    -gives power to group so all roles can do their job
    -debuffs enemys
    -do mechanics/pickups
    3) Healer
    -heals group
    -do mechanics/pickups (only when others arent or cant)
    4) tank
    -keeps enemys focused to eat the damage
    -make nice “add piles”
    5) do mechanics/pickups as a last resort only
  13. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I don't think that there's ancient threads about trollers. A long time ago we relied heavily on trollers for them to be a battery then they declined for that reason so the devs made every role able to maintain their power without putting a burden on the troller so he or she can do other duties such as debuff or whatever. This is the argument of the claw. It takes the power heal and buffs you and the group. You're essentially removing the main aspect of your role which shouldn't really be a problem because a good player can maintain their own power but it's heavily judged for the reason of not giving power heals to the group. I agree that debuffs are invaluable especially with the artifact that boost your debuffs.
  14. El Regrs New Player

Actually the amulet is quite viable for earth tank/battle tanks.
    Having tested it in the test servers amulet/manacles/everyman and using gemstone shield/hardlight shield and Perfect Poise (tank)/Neo Venom Boost (battle tank), I believe that it has quite the synergy since during 8mans as a tank you will get the priority heals from a healer and since with a normal shield setup everyman can be quite useless.

But with amulet you can increase your stacks with jackhammer/gemstone shield combos and occasionaly clip in hard light/perfect poise so it will give enough time for your healer, also with restorative shield mod, group breakout heals and epicenter mod you can ease up your healer as well and really having a finisher in your loadout more like an oh-**** button (which is not really necessary IMO)

Also the aforementioned artifacts give the highest flat boost to your Health plus a 14% Health boost which works great for everyman.
    If your healer also knows your setup/build (premade) he can keep your health almost constantly at 30-60% giving you the defense bonus from everyman and eventually easing up his own job.
  15. Dogico Loyal Player

I've said before I believe the amulet has great synergy with Jackhammer, as it does solid damage and is the fastest way to build stacks in the game. It does seem with you build and loadout you are leaning more into the tank side rather than battle tank. Are you able to run HQE with that setup? What type of damage are you doing in CoUR or FGSR?
  16. Control Creed Well-Known Player

Assuming the right Arts, 120 and below battle (using your definition) level 160 and above arts pure healer... some of the best arts at 160 make you worse if they are below that.

Kind of depends on the Arts though, Demon Fang is pretty darn good at 80, it does add to damage though...
  17. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Makes sense