The reply function update is NOT enough!

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Catastrophic Repercussion, Nov 23, 2021.

1. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

Per test server update notes:
    This is a great QoL change, but I'll suggest devs to go further and have the [↑] [↓] buttons change between the player names you have been chatting to, would come in handy when someone else stole that last message status or just chatting to multiple people at the same time.

Of course, I can only speak for PC players in this scenario so if you have suggestions for any other platforms please feel free to chime in.
    • Like x 4
  2. Eve YouTuber

This is long overdue!!! I got annoyed so many times replying to the wrong tell. Imagine someone telling me something and he gets a "LOL" that was directed at someone else lmao
    • Like x 1
  3. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

but you can already do that with "recent text" or not? Obviously thats not as fast but the option is there.
    • Like x 1
  4. BumblingB I got better.

PC players have arrow keys on the keyboard and the old school MSDOS used to have pressing up arrow bringing back the last thing you entered.
  5. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

It's the same issue you're experiencing on live, which I suspect is the reason why this new measure is introduced.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/r-bug.318666/

It's also why I made this thread to make further improvements ;)
    By the same logic, you can already use "recent text" instead of typing /r can't you? Why don't we scrap /r entirely since it's broken anyway?
    I am referring to the keyboard arrow keys
    I don't know how the second part relates to OP though, and it sounds like something gold bots would really love so not looking forward to that.