The reality this 12-day Sale has given us.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by GregDawe, Dec 20, 2014.

1. GregDawe New Player

Do you play any other MMO's?
    I am assuming you don't.
    Becuase if you compare their MP to this one, "good" is far from accurate.

The point is, that it cost very very little to create style items, and less to maintain.
    Therefore putting time and effort into style items and throwing them into the MP is almost instant profitability.

They complain about only doing things if it is cost effective, well this sale brought in next to nothing compared to what it would have had they put the effort in to making it something special.
    Lazy marketing is all it boils down to. And somewhat hypocritical considering "costs" are the main determining factor as to how they are currenty justifying whether they do something or not (that and licencing).
    Licencing can most often be allowed if there is enough chance of making money, and in this game, that is a certainty.
    • Like x 7
  2. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

I would like to see interactive base items like in PlayStation Home/ The Sims. Mini games such as billiards, darts, chess and tower defense with a super hero spin etcetera.
    • Like x 5
  3. The BlackDragon Well-Known Player

Agreed, there are some cool stuff here and there, but I look at Champions Online MP for example and see how ours is lacking. Def needs a lot more styles.
    • Like x 3
  4. GregDawe New Player

I would love nothing more than an online CAD client to design to design our own style gear.
    Save it, have it approved for copyright, then either privately upload it or publicly upload it.

Reaching so hard hahah but it would be great
    • Like x 1
  5. Ghaladh Dedicated Player

You are right, I don't play other MMOs. :) However, I am a consumer and I like to spend my money on something that is actually interesting or even useful. Now, I can choose between a handful of base styles, not many, so I use those appropriated to my character and it help immersions.
    Armor styles? I don't know how many there are out there (300? I don't know). Why would I want more? Isn't the variety great enough? You guys are asking for something YOU like, but every customer is different. In MY opinion the market should offer something more "practical", because I am a practical person. That's it :) I would remove the style tab and I would add more game enhancements (more amenities slots for the base, free amenities placement, uncommon or rare R&D materials, special WM combos, special iconic powers...)
  6. GregDawe New Player

You cannot put too many "practical game enhancements" otherwise you create a "pay to play" MP and people are already slighty upset is that way when comparing the f2p, premium & legendary system.
    • Like x 1
  7. Circe New Player

I personally don't want anymore base items until we get some more actual styles for our toons. There are so many things they can do, and I feel they just aren't trying. Our characters need more diversity.
    • Like x 8
  8. GregDawe New Player

I think this line is on point.
    And if they claim to be trying then I think they need to up their game dramatically haha
    • Like x 1
  9. Tazzaxe Dedicated Player

Errrm todays sale item is Armorys. 1600 sp??? is that $30 or $40 in sp? I'm not gonna spend that on myself for xmas, thats another present or two for my grandson.
    • Like x 1
  10. Superskull85 Devoted Player

$30 or $40? o_O 1600 / 100 = $16 ;)
  11. Tazzaxe Dedicated Player

Point taken, btw who should get that? Dcuo or my grandson? Lol Armories can wait.
  12. Superskull85 Devoted Player

$16 vs $32 later on. Pay $16 now and pay $8 each later to each (assuming 2 of course). Don't pay now and you'd ultimately pay triple ($16 now for them, $32 later for you) instead of double ($16 now for you and $16 later for them).

Your choice. :)
  13. GregDawe New Player

Fair point, family first.

Of all the sales so far, this is one I considered,
    But I am not a fully serious player, both my characters have 3 Armories each, which is all that they need, 1 supp, 1 dps, 1 fun/hybrid.

So there was no need for me to buy.

I find the best way to get the most out of a sale is:
    1 - Mark down items that you have already been selling.
    2 - Right next to them, put full priced, brand new items

Everyone wants what is new and shiny, so they find themselves in the store and they buy that, and if you put old things they need on special next to them, being in store, a lot of customers will see the convenience of them being there, already spending an generally say to themselves "I may as well"
  14. Kuno Loyal Player

Of course there's lot of stuff in MP.
    Its the cosmetic items for our character (not base) that lacks.
    There are some old variations of styles, cowboy, bandit, the cosmos skin and thats it. Those are old AF styles.
    MP needs new hairstyles, skins, styles, more skins for movements like skimming...
    Almost any other game put DCUO to shame when it comes to character customization and MP cosmetic stuff.
    They would make a lot of money and the worst thing is that the devs dont care or havent notice yet and that worries me.
    • Like x 5
  15. GregDawe New Player

it's the fact that the real possibility is that they are refusing to listen/care that disturbs me.
  16. TheHeartbreakkid New Player

They need to stop with the base items, we have enough and the loot tables are absolutely littered with the trash that drops on everything. Even ruined lockboxes with them. I'd even accept a compromise if they were moved to a secondary vault or the primary vault themself. Just take them out the damn main game please. Nothing worse than running the top tier alert in the game and getting a decorative painting.
    • Like x 2
  17. GregDawe New Player

100% agree.
    I would only pay for items that go on my base providing they serve a functional purpose.
    Amenities ect.
    Even base items that served no advantageous purpose, but were intractable and actually enhanced the lair experience.
    That's as low as I'd go in terms of paying for base items with real money.

Player styles are a must though.
    It's not like there is a shortage of ideas/demands for cosmetic player enhancements.
    Look in the forums and you'll find enough to make tens of thousands.
    • Like x 3
  18. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

When I think of aura I would like to see one with it flowing around my body you go that glow but than you would have small streams weaving around you like minature snakes of sorts....water like aura...or rages, etc...

Another aura I would like to see is one labeled primary Aura and it matches your primary color. How cool would this be, you pick the color of the aura....

Another cool aura is the star aura...you have the star body and styles, why not an aura....

An aura similar to the Golden Aura that Socercy gets....
    • Like x 1
  19. Ghostof91 New Player

DCUO MP is needs seriously lacking,

Weapon Variants- Wands, Other Martial Art variants League of Assassin, and Claws from Wolf Forme

New Iconics- Powers that are from New npc's like DLC's Halls of Power's Boom tube , WW's Lasso from Amazon Fury, or one of the Sons of Trigon Iconic move, I would buy.

Tail Add-ons, Ear Add-ons, Buy new body Size like Gizmo or Metamorpho

Buy voice for your character

Buy Vehicles- Not sure if I'm a 100% on this, I just want something new to buy.

Psychic Orbs, Rune Orbs, or HL Orbs surrounding you would be neat.

These are just a handful that would make DCUO more wealthy.
    • Like x 5
  20. GregDawe New Player

A good half of the things people are wanting to buy are not difficult requests either.
    And more importantly, they are most often things that a lot of people will buy
    • Like x 2