The Quick Question Thread...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Fawkes2574, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

Swimming - In the upcoming update, will swimming be a new movement type, or just something our toons can automatically do once underwater? This was something that I did not catch while watching the live stream video. And I'd like to know because I just created an Aquaman toon with acrobat movement. I really don't want to take him too far if swimming will be a new movement type, cause that would mean that I would have to start over. I don't care if he flew in Super Friends, he's not going to fly as long as I'm around! :p
  2. Balton hero Committed Player

They made it sound like it was something zone-specific
  3. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Your answer starts at the 5 minute mark of the video.

4. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

Is there a feat for not getting knocked out AT ALL between level 1 and 30 in the storyline mission? I almost made it on my alt that I'm working on right now. First knock out came during the demon run at Gotham U. Grrrr
  5. Azreaus Committed Player

not that I've seen, just the ones when you fight the Iconics.
  6. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

Question about cross faction entry in halls.

I know that even if you are not a member of a person's league, as long as the permission is set, you can still get access. But what about cross factions? Can a villain get access into a friend hero's league hall? Probably not, right? Unless the league hall teleporter in the HoD will show the option.
  7. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

You can, you just need to add then in the league base permissions
  8. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

I guess I answered my own question. I tried it, and it didn't work. Tried it twice. Maybe cause they are on different servers.
  9. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Huh??? As in US and EU? Or in Xbox and PS4???
  10. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

What? The Heroes and Villains aren't on different servers I take it? I thought there was some sort of a difference since they can't be in chat together, unless in a cross faction group.
  11. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Servers: EU,US (for PC and PS4 combined), Xbox (EU and US combined). That's the three servers we have.

That's the 3 servers we have. Also, villains and heroes do have the "VS" chat that is off by default. They can communicate there, but it's usually full of useless smack talk and desperate attempts to insult each other. Not that this is much of a difference to "Trade", "Shout" or "LFG" ;)

Spelling is of extreme importance for the user interface. Use upper/lowercase letters exactly the way it is in the name, or better, try to add friend the character in question first (should work from the menu when standing close to each other). IIRC people from your friendlist can be added to the entry permissions from a list, eliminating the spelling factor (though I'm not sure if it is a character or only league issus, been some time since I added all my toons to entry lists....)
  12. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

Oh I know I have the spelling right. I'm just trying to allow my villain toon to enter my league hall. But it doesn't appear to be working. At least not for me. No biggie though. Its not that big of a deal.
  13. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

You need to have league hall permissions in that league (little terminal in almost every league hall room, has more features at a higher rank) when you have permission, go to the terminal and go to base permission and add your villain. Then when on your villain you need to go to base tracking and select the league hall you want to go in. Then go to hall of doom and go to the league hall teleporter and enter after selecting which league hall to teleport in.

Or if you have the teleporter mod "league halls" or " bases & league halls" you can teleport in without heading to hall of doom
    • Like x 1
  14. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

I do have league hall permissions, as its my league, I'm the leader.

*face palm* I didn't add it to her base tracking. THAT'S probably why its not working. lol Thanks Jade. I will check on that later. I don't have the game up right now.
    • Like x 2
  15. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

You see it's worth keeping on something and not giving up, the possible error may be found, especially if other people are sure it should work :D
    • Like x 1
  16. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

Yup. It works. It would be cool though if any base pets reacted differently to cross faction toons that entered the hall. Example, Wonder Dog (or Krypto) approaches a friendly league member, smiling and barking, asking for attention like normal. But if someone from the opposing faction drops by, either one of them growls angrily. And then carries on like normal.
    • Like x 1
  17. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

While this still up, got another simple one.

The snowman trinket, that allows you to briefly turn into a snowman. Where does it drop?
  18. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Its a rare drop from the Xmas Event queued instance.

This link has all you need to know about it.
    https://dcuniverseonline.fandom.com/wiki/Form:_Snowman
  19. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

Thank you very much. I miss popping that on in crowded areas where people are either standing around or dueling, or both. And just causing chaos. :p
  20. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Sometimes it drops also just by running stuff on the on duty. That's how I've gotten it on alts