The Punisher TV Series

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by BigAl, Feb 25, 2015.

1. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

Well Marvel got Punisher, Blade and Ghost Rider back into the fold awhile back (when they got Daredevil's rights back I believe) so Netflix may be the way for them to test character popularity.
    • Like x 3
  2. BigAl Devoted Player

A buddy of mine said he heard rumor that Punisher and Blade were being put to a drawing board already for Netflix. Of course, I think he is drinking from the wrong end of the straw most days, but I can see this happening.
  3. BigAl Devoted Player

3-18-16

Remember that day. Because that is the beginning.....
  4. Remander Steadfast Player

Of?
  5. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

Yeah, and the sequel was worse.
  6. Yaoi Pope Dedicated Player

Sounds awesome, but no major network would ever even want to come close to a show like that.
    Even with the Law & Order disclaimer..
    [IMG]
    It's generally easy to tell who and what the story is about.

To have a show where the viewer knows who the bad guy is portrayed after, and then see him/her be killed by a vigilante in a very graphic manor, the show would be accused of promoting violence against the real life individual. If anyone so much as gave them a dirty look in or out of prison, they could sue the show and network for putting their will-being in danger.
  7. BigAl Devoted Player

I guess Netflix thought differently.
    • Like x 1
  8. Yaoi Pope Dedicated Player

Iv not seen the show yet. Daredevil uses real life headline stories as a plot line?
  9. Yaoi Pope Dedicated Player

Assuming Daredevil is just him going after random acts of violence that could be based on anyone;That's not the same as Law & Order style headline stories. They have made shows where you know the story is based on Michael Jackson, Paula Deen, The Duggar family, George Zimmerman, KC Anthony ect. ect.

If they did a Punisher eps where he goes after KC Anthony (even if they change her name you still know it's her like in SVU) cuz he believed she really killed her baby. Then if she was attacked or killed after that episode aired, the show would be blamed for it. It would say that the show gave the person the idea, and was just propaganda to encourage people to go after her, like Frank Castle would have done.

So they could not really do any real-life headline stories. At least not the way Law & Order does. It would just have to be random drug pushers, pimps, murders, child abusers. The story would be based off 1 in a million. Could be about anyone.
  10. BigAl Devoted Player

I think you read into the original thought a little too much. I didn't mean actually take headlines, cause that would be encroaching on lawsuits and such. I was referencing more the premise that real life is hard and gritty, and that would totally work as a basis for a show.

And my Netflix reference was toward your "violence against the bad guy" situation. Netflix casting a violent vigilante doesn't seem to bother them.

I did sense a potential undertone of sarcasm, so thanks for that. :)
  11. Remander Steadfast Player

Ah, yeah, I recently got Netflix and have been meaning to catch up on this. Have heard great things, but have yet to see an episode.
  12. BigAl Devoted Player

Has one of the best (if not best) fight scenes. The fight is so realistic, you will be floored. Great show, and I'm not really a DD fan.
    • Like x 2
  13. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Is it just me, or did that sound like they took parts from "BatNolan" and "Arrow"? o_O
  14. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
    In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This is not vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. PUNISHMENT.
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
    • Like x 1
  15. BigAl Devoted Player

I'm giddy.
  16. BigAl Devoted Player

17. BigAl Devoted Player

Only 3 episodes into DD season 2 and Bernthal has Frank down. Hopefully, they don't soften him up, because that wouldn't be Frank. I'll update with my "review" later. ;)
    • Like x 2
  18. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

You're supposed to say spoiler alert! I was reading through this thread and wasn't expecting a season 2 review lol I will be binge watching it this weekend.
    • Like x 1
  19. BigAl Devoted Player

I won't spoil anything, trust me. I want people to watch this. I will give you a tease though, the fight scenes are even better than last year's.;)
    • Like x 1
  20. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

Quick thoughts without major spoilers.

Punisher was great, Karen Page's unexpected connections to him is a great callback to s1 and beyond. Season 2 captured the volatile Elektra/DD relationship beautifully. The 2 ongoing story lines can be a bit distracting but I thought the way they were able to dovetail both stories into each other was quite brilliant. The transitions into the flashbacks felt clunky to me, but the flashbacks themselves are quite good. Young Elektra is a beast in the training scenes.

They can't greenlight a Punisher series quick enough.
    • Like x 2