The Punisher TV Series

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by BigAl, Feb 25, 2015.

1. BigAl Devoted Player

I saw this again...

...and was reminded as to why I would love to see Frank get his own show. Law & Order (all versions) pulls from headlines to create realistic shows about real life events. The Punisher could be no different, except for the over-the-top violence and extremely mature content. We all look at the news and read about yet another shooting or mugging gone wrong. Life is just ripe form the picking for a series like this.

Of course, powerhouses like CBS and NBC couldn't tackle this show. Even AMC may not be able to carry it, with its obvious mature content. But, I guarantee, it would be one of the most watched shows on television. With the influx of comic yumminess that has been the last decade, this show would be prime choice to land season after season of viewers.

The only potential landmine to derail it......the actor cast in Castle's role.

Thoughts?
    • Like x 6
  2. Faust74 Loyal Player

Not sure if a regular TV network could do the Punisher justice, but it could fit perfectly on El Rey network. All the Marvel Live-Action TV shows currently out now have all been Meh to me, a Punisher TV series could send them over the top. I would also like to see Marvel bring Blade back. That was a cool Live-Action, but it only lasted one season.
  3. Fools Fire Loyal Player

This was CBS' answer to the Punisher back in the 1980's. It was a pretty good show.

4. Mighty Hyperion Committed Player

It would definitely be an epic Netflix Original series (like other Marvel shows with no ratings limitations). You would have to be able to showcase the Punisher with the over the top violence the character creates.
    • Like x 2
  5. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Always thought The Equalizer was a British show :confused:
    The remake is utter crap, and refuse to watch it
  6. OWLMANjr New Player

Thomas Jayne was a horrible punisher and the peoples bad guy would not watch any show he is in.
  7. Fools Fire Loyal Player

Yes, the remake was TERRIBLE. But the original was quite good.

Side Note: Surprisingly, the La Femme Nikita remake TV series was a 8/10 compared to the original.
    • Like x 1
  8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Do you mean the movie remake of La Femme Nikita, or the TV series?
  9. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

He was better than dolph
  10. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

They should do a hard R series on Starz or Encore. I like the last Punisher movie. It's a good b movie, except for Dominic Cena's Jigsaw voice. I would like a cartoon done in Mike Zeck's art-style as well.
    • Like x 1
  11. BigAl Devoted Player

Indeed.
    It would definitely not get anything less than TV14. MA is more likely. Especially with the potential to end up in some seedy places with horrible language. HBO, Cinemax, Showtime.....any one of those would be fine.
  12. BigAl Devoted Player

• Like x 3
  13. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

• Like x 4
  14. BigAl Devoted Player

Just as long as he doesn't do that quirky head/neck twitch thing, he should fit the bill. And no lovey-dovey nonsense like they add in the films. My only concern, is Frank is an expert at hand-to-hand. Can JB fight?
  15. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

He's an actor, he has a stunt double for that :p
    • Like x 1
  16. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

Yes. He only has to look tough, which he does. I actually think the head rubbing thing was a specific character quirk he developed for Shane post leaving Otis behind and shaving his head in TWD.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  17. Gam3r4Lif3 Dedicated Player

When i hear punisher i think of this

• Like x 1
  18. nowburn4it Loyal Player

Punisher will make an appearance in season two of Daredevil. Perhaps it's Netflix getting ready to make a spin off. From what I hear, the guy who plays Shane in Walking Dead will be playing him...And, now I see someone already said this...Carry on...
    • Like x 2
  19. BigAl Devoted Player

I know that. :p I meant has he had any experience for when he is required to do some stunts himself?
  20. nowburn4it Loyal Player

Punisher mostly shoots and stabs, I don't recall him ever being real big on the kung fu...He was a marine, maybe they'll make him go through basic training...