The problems with almost all the capsules.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ZuroXtheDragon, Nov 16, 2019.

1. ZuroXtheDragon Active Player

Greetings fellow players.
    First of all i do not want to argue about the capsules. The only thing i want to tell everyone but most importantly to the Devs that the capsules does have problems and i will tell you what and why.
    - I realy love the work and effort of the Devs in each of the time capsules content. Auras, materials, emblems are unique and good to use for the styles players want to wear. But if the drop rate of the "rare" and "ultra rare" items is so anoyingly low that it is just a waste of money and resources. As an artist myself i know how much work and time is needed to make something unique and useful, but if i were an artist there i would love if all the players would enjoy my creations and art. (But thats just me)
    - The very first capsules came in, the drop rate of rare things were very good. The rare drom rate was around 1/100 and everyone could get everything in time the NEW capsules came out. The lantern auras and the embems were very cool and you could even get one for 1-1 of your alts. Time the second capsule. It came out and the drop rate of the rare items were noticeaby higher and i was almost no one covered in the material. Was the drop rate around 1/300. It was unnececary. And the numbers didn's stop there...
    - The drop rate got worse in time and the last 2-3 capsules rare items got a 1/1000 drop rate? C'mon I know it has walue but as i said earlier it is a "waste of money and resources"... Why should a player pay half of their salary or alowence to get "virtual items"? I know it has value but some of us live in pour countries. In America the average monthly salary is 3000-4000$ maybe. But there are countries where the monthly earnings are under 1000$ and some countries got even lower income / head...
    (I live in one of these countries, and im not afraid to tell)
    Everyone can argue about this and tell people to change their jobs or move to other countries or states but that is a selfish and cheap excuse.
    - And for the last... Iknow the items has a calculated valuse but if a selfish and maffia minded players put the rare stuffs in broker for horribly large prices is also a real pain for the loyal players.
    A limitation for the brokers would be very very necesary these days. When the rare item prices were 30-40 mill at first capsules. A year ago 100-120 mills... and it should have stopped there. But now they are 200-300 mills. What a laugh XD ... I know players who spend around 200$ when a new capsule comes out and if the rare stuff drops to him he is shocked that others would sell it for hundreds of millions.
    For every player who broker rare items over 100million should be ashamed!

So basicaly these are my opinions, and as i said i don't want to argue about this.
    It needs changes! Thats all.
    Thank you
    ~Zurox
    • Like x 5
  2. Plowed In Loyal Player

Your problem is really with human behavior...for better or worse.
    • Like x 2
  3. FoolsFire Devoted Player

My theory...The people who are controlling the broker are the gold sellers.
    • Like x 8
  4. Irvynnge Loyal Player

100%.
    • Like x 1
  5. Zneeak Devoted Player

This isn't news.
    • Like x 3
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Yep.
    • Like x 2
  7. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

The first capsule was their baseline.

Drop rate was more fair because it was first time and they weren't sure if players would adopt. We had booster bundles.

2nd is they can show management how profit improved over time. They can squeeze more from the whales, despite population decline.
    Management loves graphs, don't doubt there's one of capsules in a PowerPoint presentation.

It's been said before, but I will reiterate. We the players like the rewards and want to financially support the game. Just let us directly buy and not have to gamble for it.
    • Like x 5
  8. Brit Loyal Player

Since the introduction of the Quarks vendor, I no longer see a problem. If I get lucky, great. But if I don't, I have a failsafe to get the stuff I want anyways.

I might not get every single Time Capsule Collection reward, but most of them aren't honestly stuff that I care about from a stylistic standpoint. And on the rare occasion they introduce one of those must-have pieces that I want for my character's style, it's not a question of if I will get it; it's just a matter of how long they will make me wait before putting it on the Quarks vendor for direct purchase.

Comparitively, there were a couple of things from the earlier Booster Bundles I wanted that I will never get, because the low droprate was never combined with an alternative or a failsafe.
    • Like x 3
  9. ZuroXtheDragon Active Player

Indeed. That was my backgroung thought about the situation... It's terrible.

And yes, the Quark vendor was a realy good idea. But those quark amounts are also a little high for "average players"
    Actualy i bought stuff from there too and got lucky.

Maybe. But only with those who takes this personaly and think that my opinions are offensive.
    I'm on the Hero side and if we got problems than we need solutions for it.
    I know, i know. Haters gonna hate... But i'm an "Overcome your problems" kind of player

__\m/ Rock N Roll \m/__
    ________Mates_______
  10. Dwild Well-Known Player

I hate the high prices one has to pay for a few of the ultra rare collection pieces too. One of my toons needs one more collection piece in each of the 3 four piece collections (not counting the one you actually do have to purchase with coins) in order to get the OP neck. I checked the broker the other day and if I had the money and bought the last 3 rare drops at the lowest prices listed on the broker, it would cost me 1.2 Billion game dollars to buy them. It's difficult to accept but, based on the law of "supply and demand" I think some of those 350 million to 400 million collection prices owe more to the incredibly low drop rates than only to "greed." I've got 3 primary toons. I run the solo pretty much every day on all three. I've seen the Damaged Trick Lapel Flower drop twice. I've never seen Luthor's Mangled Warsuit Gauntlet drop. I used one Damaged Lapel on my primary toon and I sold the 2nd for I think 220 million or so, threw in another 30+ million and bought the Warsuit Gauntlet so I could at least have one toon with the OP neck. That was before the prices ballooned up two or threefold. Better to have one toon with the OP item than three without, all lacking 1 piece. That's 65 days ago as of today. I missed a few days, I suppose, but between the 3 main toons I run, I know I've done it at least 30 or 40 times each...or somewhere between 90 and 120 runs. Two drops. None off the last boss. Back during the Amazon Gotham DLC when they instituted the 12 piece collection, a lot of people complained that you had to save up to buy the last collection piece...other than that, you had fair odds of getting any of the other 11. Now, there's always at least one that's a very rare drop and another that's an ultra rare thousand to one. And it's not odds...your chances of getting that ultra rare don't improve with the number of runs you make...no guarantees that it will ever drop...it's a thousand to one every time you hit the Scarlet Speedster. You get better at making the run, stronger...I average between 12 and 14 minutes. But it's hard and each time you miss or get a blue bit of armor you can only salvage for an exobyte...it can get extremely depressing. For an armor piece that in 2 DLC's will only be...slightly better than average. I ditched the Robin Boots from TT DLC at the end of JLD DLC. Sorry, long winded old man rant. Good luck...keep trying.
  11. Brit Loyal Player

While those Quark prices are definitely too high to afford everything for the average player (interpreted "Player who runs the Stabilizer Event, but doesn't purchase any time capsules beyond the free ones"), they do seem appropriate for the average player to be able to afford anything.

A Legendary player who only opens the free time capsules receives (6*30/15=12) a total of 12 Stabilizers per month. With Time Capsules rotating about every 2.5 months, that makes for around 30 Stabilizers. With each Time Capsule granting roughly 15 Quarks, you'll net 450 Quarks per Capsule. Even if you consider that the player probably completes everything from their 30 free capsules except for the collections, that would mean that the price needs to be 150 Quarks per Collection Reward in order for that average player to be able to afford them all. I don't know about you, but I think that sounds ridiculously too low. If things were that cheap on the Qwarks vendor, I would never bother to work on a time capsule collection again.

That 3k-5k price tag makes it so that you can't afford every single thing that goes up, but you can save up for the one thing that you really want and be able to get it in a reasonable amount of time.

A separate piece of math for you. I play my main, and that's the only character I truly care about. But I have 15 alt slots as a Legendary Player. I log each of those characters in every day. I do 2 things. I click that quest guy from the newest Episode who grants one free Episode Currency and one Source Mark. Then I run the Vault, and get one free Source Mark. I finish those 15 alts in less than 10 minutes. It feels like nothing. But at the end of every month, I make (15*2*30) roughly 360 Source Marks without putting in basically any work. Source Marks convert to Quarks at the rate of 100SM=25Quarks. That's about 90 Quarks per month for doing nothing. And since Quarks are account-bound, not character-bound, all those other characters can do those purchases and kick them forward to my main. It over doubles the rate that I generate Quarks, just by taking this one tiny measure.

If it feels slow, try that. You'd be amazed at how fast you amass free Quarks that way.
  12. Rainnifer Committed Player

Just wanted to chime in about the math part there at the end, Source Marks are character bound so for one character to even purchase the 25 quarks it'll take 50 days of running the vault and daily free mark. Doing so on 15 alts means every 50 days you'll make 375 quarks. To have enough for something that costs around 5k, this method will take almost 2 years to earn that much. This isn't even an everyday "average" player type of method. Of course this doesn't take into account the stabilizers and capsules themselves, which will shorten it once added in, but either way none of this actually sounds very reasonable just to get one single cosmetic item.

Unless I'm wrong.
  13. Tainted0Love Well-Known Player

I agree, the gambling for drops from particular mobs is fine - reward for work performed. The oxytocin, dopamine, and serotonin fueled gambling with in game items through the purchase of tokens (stabilizers) with real world currency ... taking advantage of addictive personality type persons.

Eve does a great job with managing their in game economy, it's even used in colleges and universities as an example.

Not everything in this game has to be to my liking for joy to be found in it. So I'll keep ignoring cash sellers, not buying stabilizers, enhancers/scanners, ...

What exactly is the job description, role, and duties of the Community Manager? Maybe I'd give him less grief if the companies internal functions were a little more transparent.
    • Like x 2
  14. Brit Loyal Player

Essentially. But the Source Marks is not designed to be the sole method of generating Quarks. Opening the Time Capsules themselves is going to net (6*30/15) 12 Time Capsules per month with approximately 15 Quarks per capsule. That pushes you up to approximately 405 Quarks per month.

And that is before ever factoring in bonus Source Marks or Stabilizer Fragment weekends, Time Capsules that come with additional Stabilizer Fragments in them, Ressurgence Capsules opening 9 Time Capsules at the cost of only 7 Stabilizers for a 29% increase in Quark generation, or, most obviously, the fact that this method assumes that you never use a single Source Mark that was earned by your main running stuff, and you never do anything but the 2 free daily ones with the alts. It isn't designed to be the sole method of Quark generation, but rather a way of supplementing normal gameplay to provide a very substantial amount of Quarks without requiring any money and only a very small investment of time.

I log in daily and play the game the way I normally would, but I take 10 short minutes to run through each alt just to do that freebie Episode mission and the Vault. It's 10 minutes I normally would have spent just dinking around on the broker, and it doesn't cut into my actual gameplay. I'm still finishing every raid that I normally ran, doing whatever dailies or whatnot that I felt like, hitting up seasonals, just whatever my normal gameplay looked like at the time.

Everybody's playstyle is different, so I'm not going to presume that everybody runs the same number of raids or alerts or dailies. There is just no way to quantify the metrics of what people are earning in the way of Source Marks through actual content. Purely anecdotal beyond this point, but I find that I personally earn waaaaaaay more Source Marks on my main than I actually need. I've finished everything on the style vendor ages ago and the only update they've had in two years was to actually REMOVE styles. I have to buy a few catalysts here and there from Constantine, but I find that I earn the Source Marks way faster than I earn the Nth Metal, so getting those 180 and 200 breakthroughs aren't exactly sapping huge quantities of Source Marks. And in the end, it takes me slightly less than a year in order to afford one of the 5K items.

As I said earlier, I do not believe that the pricing is or should be set so low that everybody can afford everything. I mean, if the Quarks prices were that low, there really wouldn't be a reason to pursue the Collections in the first place. But when I can pull one major item each year, a Void Material, a Wings of Sin, a Diamond Mist, I mean, I don't really feel like a year of waiting and normal gameplay is really that bad compared to the people who are dropping $500 on Time Capsules, or a billion dollars on the broker, in order to get that same style.

I am not suggesting that simply running the Vault is going to magically grant every single time capsule reward in rapid time. I only wished to point out that the average player interested in those Time Capsule rewards might be trying to work towards them only through some of the slowest, least efficient manners. There is a huge wealth of really easy resources that often remain untapped.

And considering that the Legendary Subscription is often criticized for not really offering much of interest besides the cash cap, it's nice to see that those 15 extra character slots could be used to increase your main, instead of diluting your time and spreading your resources even thinner.
  15. Chia Death Well-Known Player

Isn't Eve's method of managing their economy by not doing anything unless it's an exploit- or glitch-related issue? I could be wrong as I've never played it myself (just heard about it from friends) but isn't it pretty much the Wild West on that game?