the players deprive the group of the troll role....

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aduzar Light, Sep 26, 2021.

1. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

With allies giving power from stunning (HoLBot), it seems to vary per tier. As stunning can happen more or less often. Some counter mechanics don't aply to lower tier content npcs vs their higher tier versions.... Titans bounties. I can't counter any of Flash or BL channeled attacks in CCity. While the Titans in Metropolis and Gotham are KO'd in 3 to 5 attacks.

Mental powered...
    My stuns land on lots of npcs and get power back. I can spam pyschic shock as a defense debuff and an attack, benefiting from the Helmet mod Energized psychic shock in most tiers as DPS and Controller. Horrific visage terrifies enemies and psychic shock does more damage to terrified enemies. Keeping the 3 debuffs active, Parasite artifact gives power... I should make better use of it's precision buff, but I've not gone that way yet in a build. I've gone with power attack crit change and amount currently (408 SPs). So, I'm spamming psychic shock after terrifying npcs. I've not tried a Dazed condition loadout. If a tank is pulling npcs, I'll pause to let the npcs be gathered by the tank.

I've seen the Chill guides about loadouts, etc. great stuff! gg. I don't think I'm using one of his specialized loadouts (ie: maxed potential single target or multitarget etc for dps) My loadout is power efficient and does very well.

dps:
    • Horrific Visage (terrorize)
    • Psychic Shock (Damage Over Time to terrorized)
    • Mass Terror (damage terrorized and stun)
    • Amplified Heat Vision (single target channel attack)
    • Terrorize (finisher for npc below 35% health)
    • Bastion
    controller:
    • Psychic Shock (If I see an add attacking the healer, hit'm. please healer move)*
    • Phantom Flames (If I see an add attacking the healer, hit'm. please healer move)*
    • Psychic Empowerment
    • Cryokinesis (If I see an add attacking the healer, hit'm. please healer move)*
    • Horrific Visage (If I see an add attacking the healer, hit'm. please healer move)*
    • Bastion
    *keep 3 debuffs up. Debuff and attack everyone....[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

A dps job is not to set up a power efficient loadout to not need a troll. A dps job is to set up a proper loadout that deals damage. That’s why they are dps (damage per second). If a dps is using a lot of power without doing much damage then yes they need to adjust their loadout. But that doesn’t mean using low cost powers just to be able to run without a troll. A troll is supposed to be able to give out power. If a person ques as a troll and is a dps who qued as a troll to skip the que line than they are in the wrong no if’s and or buts. A dps shouldn’t have to adjust their loadout just because a person wanted to skip the que line.

I love picking up even as a dps. A dps’s job is technically to help make the content go faster. If that means stop dpsing to do a pick up that I’m next to than so be it.
    • Like x 2
  3. Clintelligence Level 30

I wouldn't say this only happens to the Troll role.

In fact, at least 3 times a week, I queue into a Raid and the "Tank" that we have queued up as Tank but refuses to change out of the DPS role.

If somebody queues as a Support role, ANY Support role, and then refuses to play that role, they are effectively blocking that spot. Because they queued to fulfill that role, the game is programmed to believe that you already have that Support role filled. Open up a spot and the queue will not search for a new Troll or Tank or whatever specifically; instead it'll take a new DPS because you already have your Tank or Troll.

Literally the only solution is to kick the jerk who queued up as a role that they refuse to play. That's the only way to clear them from the group so that the queue will actually get somebody who can play the role.

I will never understand the dingus people who queue up as a Support role to try to get the faster queue pop, but then seem totally confused by the idea that the group needs them to play the role that they declared they were going to play.
    • Like x 1
  4. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I always switch to troll if someone isn't already in troll role.
    • Like x 1
  5. thedemonocus Loyal Player

Troll is like bass guitar you only notice it when its not there.
    • Like x 4
  6. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

OMG!
    That's totally how it feels sometimes.

Players hardly ever notice when I save them from attacks by using Crowd Control. All I ever hear/see is, "Good PULL Tank!" or "Great HEAL! I almost died there!" Never a peep about how a Controller just saved someone from a potentially bad situation.

I can't remember the last time I was even given a shout out for doing my job well. It has to have been years. Even with the Inner Sanctum Elite raid where Crowd Control is very much needed. Not a peep at all.
    • Like x 2
  7. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

You know the meme where the dudes at the gallows and he asks “ this your first time” … someone drop it for me
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  9. Magg Redd Well-Known Player

I agree with you 1,000%. I always usually top the scoreboard with most pick-ups, and if it was listed, most cogs, but I have been a few heavy instances (especially with the stat clamp) where I have stopped everything to type "the scoreboard will still be there, I can't pick up everyone" or "I can't work all these damn cogs at the same time by myself"
    • Like x 2
  10. the solowing Steadfast Player

You are downplaying it, by saying hey in their is alot of damage going out, and the troll doesnt want to do the job he queued for. Its my problem now? Ill say "ill play as i want too" and only do damage though i queued as healer and dump the problem right back into their lap using their own logic.

Elite, or non elite. Doesn't matter. If i ask of you to perform a role you chose to queue up as. Do it.
    • Like x 3
  11. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Is the issue lying with players being allowed to pick DPS and Support role when choosing an instance or them picking support role and not ONCE doing anything related to troll? Any power from their powerset already gives pot except movement mode abilities and maybe even one power from their powerset has a debuff in it. This could also be players just don't understand what they're pressing. The IP really is to blame. It took me a few weeks to realize what role I was picking when I was playing Final Fantasy or ESO
  12. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Dead wrong! Never ever tell someone how to play. If you have a problem then form your own group. Simple as that. No wonder you don't see many trolls nowadays. Players like you always making others feel bad about them like they aren't worth being in the instant so then you gang up on that player and get him or her kicked then you got that kicked player feeling terrible that he or she just doesn't bother with the game. But no, you just had to tell someone to do what YOU want and when that player says no you bully him or her into being kicked by the rest of the group. That must feel really bad and I am so against toxic players like that. Heck you even said even in none elite. I would understand your viewpoint if it was in regards to elite but not anymore. Just terrible.... maybe I'm being biased since I can heal myself, control my power, and can survive being a battle-tank. Regardless, if a player ques as a support role and only chooses to be that support role in boss fights and actually does their part then I see no problem here. If at any point that player ques in as a support role and not once does anything even during boss fights then that's where I can side with you.
  13. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

Someone said it weeks ago, Support role players are there/here to complete the content and dps role players are there/here for the rotations/scoreboard? I can't remember why the dps is there for? that was said
    • Like x 1
  14. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

No one said anything about using lower cost powers. You can use high power cost to do really good damage and still manage your power consumption. Celestial is one of the powersets that uses a lot of power because of their combos i.e PcDl, DlcP, and on top of that you can grab other powers that cost a lot and manage it. Two players in this thread including you are now saying they are queing as support role so they can skip the que line. I haven't heard that excuse in many years and I can faintly assume it's coming from the villain side.
  15. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Every role is important. Everyone needs to realize that. Trolls putting out power isn't that important anymore but buffs and debuffs and well timed stuns and whatnot are. Let alone pickups and cogs so that your dps's can continue their job. Since healers and tanks should never be doing pickups. Even if they can, they should get in the habit not to since eventually these players may want to run elites and that's a terrible time to be doing things outside your job.
  16. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You JUST heard about players queuing as support to skip the line? You can’t be serious. It happens daily. How many times do you que a raid and there’s no troll/tank/healer? How many times do they have to be asked to switch roles? Sometimes they switch other times they don’t. It’s not a villain thing. It’s a player base thing. Happens all the time. It also happens in alerts a lot. How many times do you que an alert and tank and troll don’t switch because there’s already a healer. Or healer don’t switch because there’s a tank.

And there is a difference between using low cost abilities that are good and choosing low cost abilities to manage power. A dps is not supposed to have low cost rotations to be able to dps with a troll. If you’re in a raid and you qued as a troll than troll. It’s not that complicated. If you don’t troll and we’re asked to troll than the group has every right to kick.

The issue is the people not the system. The ability to pick both support and dps is by design. If I as a player can do both roles than yes I should be able to que as both roles. If I know I can only dps than I shouldn’t pick support role. If a player who can only do one goes in and doesn’t do it than that is on them.

How is that different than what you are doing in this thread? You said that others should manage their own power. It’s not their job to do that. That’s the whole reason why trolls exists in the game. To give power. Why should the 7 other people in the group change their play style to accommodate 1 player who doesn’t want to do their role? If the player doesn’t know about their role and only has full dps gear. No troll gear, augments, sp allocation, etc. why should the other 7 players be forced to carry that one person? Why should everyone have to switch their loadouts for 1 person? I’m sorry if you don’t like it or if you feel it’s toxic but there is so much information everywhere that they should at least know about their role.

A tanks job is to hold aggro, pull adds, and try to survive.
    A healers job is to heal people
    A trolls job is to give power, debuff, and even cc
    A dps job is to help the content finish faster. Primarily through dps.

Yes each role has extended tasks but those are the primary jobs of each role. If anyone doesn’t want to do their role and was asked to do it that they shouldn’t be upset if they get kicked. It’s not toxic. It’s not about telling others how to play. It’s about telling them to do what they signed up for. If you don’t like it than that’s on you
    • Like x 2
  17. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

damage... Shirley, they'll do damage...[IMG]
    Just not that aware of what's going on around them mostly. How the Cogs and pickups happen are a mystery to them because someone else has always done them and they never seem to look around. :p:rolleyes:

Did the StU Alert yesterday, and the dps was pulling every mob it could to us. Hey, DPS, go Around mobs! Speedsters, Gosh! :rolleyes:
  18. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

This circles right back to dealing with toxic players. I was treated badly when I was a tank, verbal abuse does make you feel very bad, so that’s when I stopped ever being a tank and I play strictly as dips, not only on DCUO but any game I play or will play in the future. I will never again subject myself to that kind of abuse again. “Getting Good” is accomplished by actually doing the raids / alerts, failing and learning from the mistakes. It is on the job training if you will. No one comes into the game knowing how to do everything purrfect. Everyone of us had to learn and guess what we all learn at our own pace!

I give everybody the benefit of a doubt and offer advice where I can on how they might better improve theirselves. Sometimes it is graciously accepted. Other times I am told to mind my own business.
  19. Darth Piper Loyal Player

When I troll, the only players' power bars I am concerned with are the healer(s) and tank(s). If they have no power the group is screwed because they can't do their jobs. DPS types should be looking for the best damage-out to power-use ratio. If they have a higher power use but are dealing a lot of damage, then they're good. But as you noted, if they are using more power and dealing less damage then they need to go back and fix things.
    • Like x 3
  20. the solowing Steadfast Player

So, if you queue into a fresh raid and theirs no dedicated tank but their is a queued Dps/tank. And he tells you he cant/wont tank. What are you going to do?