The orb with celestial

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by AquiloFury, Apr 26, 2020.

1. AquiloFury Committed Player

Hi all..I've recently started working on a celestial toon..as well as converting one if my others to celestial. I've been trying to stay with blessed only for my hero and corrupted for my villain. Is it intended that the orb artifact doesn't proc with renew (corrupted)? I know the orb is a goto artifact for healers(afaik).
  2. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Since you're using a combo into corrupted renew, you're not actually casting the blessed version of renew, therefore it won't proc with the artifact.
  3. AquiloFury Committed Player

Well that's unfortunate. Regardless of whether it's corrupted or blessed..it's still a priority heal and should proc as such in my opinion.

Edit: thank you for your input :D
    • Like x 1
  4. Great Architect Loyal Player

AFAIK, no triggers work on the combo half. Death Mark combo doesn't trigger the Regenerative Shielding Tactical Mod, for instance, and Restorative Wrath of the Presence Tactical Mod doesn't trigger on the Consume Soul combo. Basically, if the initial power has the appropriate characteristics, it will trigger. If it does not, it won't.

Sadly, there is no way to trigger Orb using only Corrupted powers in Celestial.
  5. AquiloFury Committed Player

Guess I'll find an artifact or just use it for stats.
  6. TurbulenceDCUO Well-Known Player

You can definitely get by without the orb. I dont use it on any of my heal toons. Scrap, trans, and eye. I have used demon fang in the past as well and I recommend it if you cant put alot of sp into power. 95 percent of healers dont use the orb correctly anyways.
    • Like x 2
  7. AquiloFury Committed Player

How about page of destiny? Would that be a suitable alt to one of those..I mean the trans seems like a given. I might have to experiment.
  8. TurbulenceDCUO Well-Known Player

Only thing about the page is that it doesnt proc unless the group goes under 40 percent.
  9. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Orb does offer nice resto stats: I've recently added it to an alt just for that.
  10. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Unfortunately you wouldn’t be able to make full benefit from orb or page if you limit yourself to only using corrupted/blessing.

Page only works of your group heal. And the orb only works with the your priority heal. On your hero you will but not your villain. If you want a combo for your villain than you may want to try strategist with possible trans and omegahedron. Or even soul cloak.

Or you could go with a sc healer with strap, Gemini and strat. Thou not using your full abilities can limit you and your group’s effectiveness if you ever plan on doing elite
  11. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Quoted for truth.
    • Like x 1
  12. Cyro Committed Player

If it proced for renew and Crenew then cele healers would just have to orbs up and drain trolls dry
    • Like x 1
  13. Brit Loyal Player

Most of what I do is Healing. The only powerset that I recommend Orb for is Nature. Because Nature is so heavily Heal-Over-Time, it lacks the strong burst, and the 300% priority heal does a lot to make that up. And because Nature's supercharge is garbage and Nature requires all 6 regular powers in order to effectively work the heal rotation (Savage Growth, Metabolism, Cross Pollinate for phermones, Blossom for Priority Heal, Flourish for refreshing HOTs, and Swarm Shield for, well, Shielding), Nature is the one Healing set that seems to get zero benefit from the Gemini/Scrap combo that the other Healing sets use for Supercharge Spam.

And yes, Nature can technically use a Shapechange Supercharge, and then put their sixth power on the Supercharge bar, but in my opinion, it is less than ideal to have a regular power you require trapped behind a supercharge. Even if you ALWAYS had enough supercharge to pull it off, and even if using it didn't mean wasting supercharge at inopportune times, it still means that a power you need right that moment gets stuck behind an extra global cooldown so that you can shapechange first, and when you need a priority heal or a shield, you need it now and not a half second later.
    • Like x 1
  14. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

I think page of destiny is an awesome artifact for Celestial healing. Your go to heals are the AcB combo and CS for 2 HoTs. Page works with AcB so you will use it all the time as part of your normal healing load out. I recently switched to Orb and it's OK. It's nice for some of the current raids where you have to block a lot, grab a turret, hide behind rocks, etc.
    • Like x 1
  15. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Get transformation and strategist card, they can be used for both dps and healing! While using transformation card your priority heal becomes a pseudo orb without the pet and heavy power cost, so you could spam it if need be. I would ran with trans, strat, and page, and never had a problem solo healing end game content
  16. AquiloFury Committed Player

Thank you both for the input I will give the page, trans and strat combo a try.
  17. Cyro Committed Player

What I like to do is change my artifacts and abilities based on content so content where the group doesnt take many big hits but there is a constant dot like shattered gotham then trans and strat are an ideal combo but if you are really only healing the occasional damage spike then using trans and start isnt that effective, remember start only activates when someone gets a crit heal then it applys a hot on the person or ally that got the crit not the whole group which means in order to be effective your team has to have health missing fairly often and you need them to have health missing when strat is active, and since cele is good on heals trans and strat doesnt work out in some raids.

If you are going with a blessed healer than page without a doubt, scap, and eog for raids where the tank takes a lot of damage or the group is huddled up and they take a lot of damage. When that isnt the case page, trans, and prob omega depending on how power hungry you are. People may sh*t on omega but it allows you to be hybrid and not have to worry when you need to spam, you can also put more into dom and less into power which means stronger shields and stronger heals.

Like i said i find its best to change based on what the group is facing but if you dont have many high arts then get page up first thing then trans then scrap (in my opinion)
  18. AquiloFury Committed Player

Thank you for that input . If I'm being honest, I don't do group content a lot, but I want to get back into it. Short of just jumping in to end game content, what is the best way to test things out? Running event versions? Running older content? I just don't want to jump in and fail horribly and let the team down lol.
  19. Cyro Committed Player

Sorry for the delay, you wouldnt never believe how messed up my sleep cycle has been. I wouldnt really recommend event stuff because there isnt really any challenge you can be braindead and get through it and really thats the point of it. To practice healing stuff i would say older content would be better, most of the challenge will be gone depending on how far back you go though so i dont recommend going back too far after all it is only with resistance do we improve
    • Like x 1
  20. AquiloFury Committed Player

Thank you for that reply :D I was thinking that would be the best way. I just don't want the guilt of letting people down because I don't know what I'm doing yet lol. I have 2 water healers that I also used to use a while back, I've just been out of the picture for so long lol.