The new messaging system

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheLorax, Oct 1, 2019.

1. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The notifications for the Halloween and Metal I are popping up multiple times upon log in.
    • Like x 6
  2. Eve YouTuber

Can confirm. I had to dismiss them like 4 or 5 times in a row. :\
    • Like x 1
  3. ALB Dedicated Player

I haven't had that problem. Ran on 3 toons so far
  4. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

I'm getting 3 for Halloween and 2 for Metal. Halloween is winning!
    • Like x 2
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are tracking down why it's firing so many times. We think it is just really excited for launch day.
    • Like x 7
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

On the bright side, I think I only saw either one on the first character I logged today.
  7. Hmmmm Well-Known Player

As it should! I have been way more excited for today than i was for metal. New gear is cool and all, but moving over to the switch as my main system for play lost me my boos!
    • Like x 1
  8. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

Same. 3 Halloween 2 Metal. Never thought they were competing but it tracks as I got Halloween Metal Halloween Metal Halloween. Like the friend that HAS to get the last word in.
  9. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Just to add to the reported findings.. the exact same thing happened with me this morning. And it rotated... Halloween event first.. I clicked and dismissed that and the Metal Part 1 pop up appeared. So I dismissed that and POOF Halloween was back. With me it was twice with each before I got them both to just "GO AWAY!"

Now no problem after that.. Next Alt I logged saw the Halloween Event pop up once and dismissed it and that was it.
  10. inferno Loyal Player

It can't be because I just got a message that it's ending soon along with the one that mentioned it has started.
    • Like x 1
  11. TheBatmanFanBG Well-Known Player

I had the same problem today too! The Halloween ad pop up 3 times and the Metal also 3 times! Something really needs to be done about the UMS, the devs MUST ADD an option to turn off these type of notifications! This is an insult to the players who play the game from many years to treat them like they are some kind of idiots who don't know when is the Halloween, Christmas, Spring, Summer and etc. events.

Sorry if i am too emotional but i am really pissed off from the things that are happening to the game. This isn't normal for me to see everyday the same messages multiple times when i already did all missions from the Metal event (Solo, Alert and Raids).

So devs do everyone a favour and add the option to turn off the UMS. This will make many players happy if you do it.
  12. Awsome Well-Known Player

Just to help with the numbers, it happened to me as well. 2 each.
    One time I logged in, no problems, one time, I had to keep dismissing.
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This should be fixed for tomorrow.
    • Like x 2