The New Costume Contest ...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Black-Zero, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Hi guys,
    For those who want to see the Haunted Jack O'Lantern. ;)
    • Like x 2
  2. Terri Ashra Committed Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  3. Kaegrin Well-Known Player

I do a lot of RP with my characters and I put tons of thought into who and what they are, so bear with me...

[IMG]
    Scott Claiborne is my Green Lantern. He's a low-level Metahuman with superhuman resistance to mind altering effects, such as mind control and psychotropic substances. His twin brother Chad (You'll meet him in a minute) is also a high-level Metahuman with mind controlling abilities, so Scott's abilities make him immune to his brother, but also make his willpower incredibly powerful, as his mind is not easily changed when it is set. His costume is nothing too special, just a mash-up of typical Green Lantern costume pieces, John Stewart mostly. I have a few other armories for him too...

[IMG]
    Basic Green lantern uniform

[IMG]
    White Lantern style, inspired by John Stewart in The Sixth Dimension

[IMG]
    Black Lantern style

[IMG]
    A poor attempt at a Phantom Lantern style

[IMG]
    This is the Infiltrator, a Reach Scarab chosen by a Sinestro Corps ring (inspired by the Blue Beetle Sinestro Corps War tie-in). It formerly was bonded to Chad Claiborne until an encounter with the Ultraviolet Light separated their bond. It currently has taken over another host, but it's not yet known who or what it is.

[IMG]
    This is Chad Claiborne, originally chosen as a host shortly after the Infiltrator had been created and just before Scott was chosen by a Green Lantern ring. After an encounter with the Unseen Emotional Spectrum, Chad was separated from the Infiltrator and has become an Ultraviolet Lantern and an agent of Umbrax! You can even see the Ultraviolet Light's corruption crawling up his neck.

[IMG]
    This is Skeeryx, and Orange Lantern construct created by Larfleeze. He's frienemies with Scott and my other Lantern characters. I've never decided on what exactly his race and backstory is, mostly because his entire existence belongs to Larfleeze now. I have other armories for him...

[IMG]
    Larfleeze, his master

[IMG]
    Orange Lantern Lex Luthor

[IMG]
    This is Pestuous, my attempt to make a Red Lantern Trench. There aren't many fin options in-game, so I went for spines. After all, if the Red Lantern ring's blood plasma can burn away Bleeze's feathers, why not Pestuous' fins? He's less friend, more enemy than Skeeryx. His costume is just a base Red Lantern costume, but his shoulders were inspired by Razer.

[IMG]
    This is Brother Salm, a Blue Lantern Thanagarian and sector partner with Scott. Even though he's not a native of Sector 2814, a chance encounter led him to relocate and assist Scott in his duties.

[IMG]
    This is Saffire, a Tamaranian Star Sapphire. She is Scott's main fling and is somewhat morally ambiguous at times, but is a strong ally to Scott and Salm who is fiercely loyal. Not an especially inspired costume, but fairly standard for a Star Sapphire.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    This is Kharvakk, AKA Indigo-65, a Khund member of the Indigo Tribe. With the Indigo Light, he is stoic and enigmatic, executing a strange code of justice driven by the Indigo Light of Compassion. Without the Indigo Light, Kharvakk is a particularly bloodthirsty and murderous Khund who wouldn't think twice about ripping out one of your ribs and using it to flay the flesh off your skull. Pictured here, both with his staff and without, you can see that he has bones tied to his staff. Those are mementos of mercy killings, where a person was too badly injured to recover through any means and he ended their suffering.

[IMG]
    In keeping with my penchant for Lantern-themed characters, I'm planning on my next character being a Blackstar, but viable costume pieces for the look are incredibly hard to find so far. If you happen to have any ideas or success with this look, please let me know!
    • Like x 10
  4. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

So, some time ago I did a version of El Zorro
    [IMG]EL ZORRO by Michael Kramer, on Flickr

Well, today I decided to create the EVIL COMMANDANTE
    [IMG]EVIL COMMANDANTE by Michael Kramer, on Flickr
    Whether he is Captain Ramone from the original Johnston McCulley pulp stories and Douglas Fairbanks Silent Film, or if he is Esteban Pasquale from the 1940 Mark of Zorro or even Enrique Monastario from the much loved Disney series, the Evil Commandante will not rest rest until he has either captured Zorro...or killed him!
    • Like x 5
  5. Eve YouTuber

[IMG]

Team Lantern in my current Iconic league. Guy (My Friend), Jessica (Me) and Kyle (My Friend) :)
    This is my Toon "Multi Lantern" and she is about to become Jessica Cruz because I was convinced to :X
    • Like x 7
  6. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Hi guys,
    For those who want to see the new Forge Metal Material. ;)

And the Forge Metal Chroma Material. ;)
    • Like x 1
  7. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

[IMG]

I'm the devil I luv metal!
    [IMG]

and introducing Sigil Girl! inspired by Raven and Zatanna!
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  8. Stardazer Committed Player

Can anyone identity a style similar to this? I saw someone rock it.
    I'm looking at the mask with the two fang looking parts at the bottom.
    [IMG]

The eyes were open though, so it wasn't a full mask or anything.
  9. darth_paul Dedicated Player

[IMG][IMG]

Fire and Ice Updates! Up top is my fire heroine, Flaming Fista sporting new looks for her heroic and civilian identities and the new forge metal material! Below is the dynamic master of ice, the Incrdible Frozone! There's not much of a change to his super-suit, because you can't improve on perfection, but I did darken the color of the suit a bit to better match the blue of the actual movie character. And, lastly on the left is my most current attempt to mimic his civilian identity of Lucius Best with what I have available in the game.
  10. willflynne 10000 Post Club

It sounds like someone combining a head piece like Partial Slimline with a face piece like Archer or Devotee (both the head piece and masks I mentioned show regular eyes). A lot of the base game head masks can be combined with face pieces, with interesting results at times.

[IMG]

The head on this character, for example, is the Masked Wings head piece and the Archer face in black.

Things change if you're talking about the mask with the hood, though. LOL For that I think you'd have to use one of the hoods in the game and maybe the V Domino face piece.
    • Like x 2
  11. Stardazer Committed Player

Thanks for replying! Yeah, I started doing some research myself and figured it was something like this. I think it was one slimeine style with the Gotham Knight face in void material. Too bad I don't have either of those.
  12. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Hi guys,
    Some looks with the Forge Chroma material.
  13. willflynne 10000 Post Club

"These are MY minions! MINEMINEMINEMINEMINE!!!!"

[IMG]

:D
    • Like x 2
  14. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

• Like x 1
  15. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Ok. I received the new back piece and I just had to put it on my armor.
    Of course carrying that sword instead of the vengeful surgeon back meant other changes as well. For comparison, the drafts for my original suit were on page 777 I believe.

[IMG][IMG]
  16. Eve YouTuber

Was bored so challenged myself to make the "Winx Club" styles. I grew up with the show and it was a very nostalgic moment for me xD
    [IMG]

Trix -
    [IMG]
  17. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

• Like x 5
  18. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Hi guys,
    The Wings of Sin. :)
  19. Darth_Andrea Well-Known Player

Honestly half surprised that with the CW Batwoman series starting Warner didn't ask for or even demand some kind of tie in with the game to raise hype. I mean CBS did with Star Trek Online and Discovery.
  20. willflynne 10000 Post Club

The tie-in history with this game and the various DC media has been....interesting. LOL

The Supergirl model in the game was replaced for a while with the Melissa Benoist version of Supergirl (maybe there was a Legends skin as well, can't remember), and there were a few Marketplace items that could be purchased that were tie-ins to BvS. However, something happened (we don't know exact details) and the Supergirl model and BvS items ended up being removed for purchase.

The Batwoman model got a makeover well before the show came about, though, and there is a mask available in a Riddled with Crime collection (correct me if I'm wrong, someone LOL) so it could be the powers-that-be (either at Daybreak or DC) didn't feel it was necessary to do a tie-in.
    • Like x 1