The New Costume Contest ...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Black-Zero, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Korlick Loyal Player

I dont understand why they did it backwards. Could look better.
    • Like x 2
  2. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

True, but it's also set-up for cross-draw, which is impractical in real life, especially when dual-wielding! ;)
    • Like x 1
  3. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Too true. We have a hand style that looks similar enough to his, but no foot style that matches it. :(
    • Like x 1
  4. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I kind of figured they were taking some inspiration from that, but the texture they applied doesn't look like the chainmail-like detailing on the movie Supes' costume. The pattern is square, making it look just like this...

[IMG]

Once seen, it cannot be unseen! ;)
    • Like x 2
  5. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Erm.. Hate to be rude and interrupt your conversation there folks. But we're straying off the point of this thread, almost 1.5 pages worth of JL and Crime Syndicate member costume debate.

[IMG]

Back to class with the lot of you :p
    • Like x 3
  6. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Awww, man, Starro dissection again?! Gross! :(

:D
    • Like x 1
  7. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

You wouldn't have to do it again if you did it properly the first time :p
  8. Perseus Chase Committed Player

[IMG]

My Black Ca...opp....Ahem....my Catwoman inspire style. ;)
    • Like x 4
  9. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

One thing I wish was that they made the top of the OP helmet so you could color it too just like Quitley's helmet :/
    • Like x 1
  10. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

They didn't even get the color placement right? For drokk's sake, DCUO Devs, if you're going to do something, DO IT RIGHT!!! :p
    • Like x 2
  11. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

And... now a post that's fully back On-Topic!

Thanks to a lucky Lockbox drop, my original Sinestro Corps character Judge Stearn finally has his shoulder "Eagle"...

[IMG]

But sinceriously, Devs, since you still refuse to give us another promotion with an increased drop rate for Promethium Lockboxes, it's LONG overdue for you to give us vendors for ALL of the items in the Dropboxes, so we have other ways to get the Cross-Faction Styles, and the rarest items in the Lockboxes (Demon's Tail Waist, I'm looking right at you,) rather than being held hostage to the unfair RNG Lottery system! :p

Anyway, moving on...

My version of Green Lantern Boodikka finally has better shoulder armor...

[IMG]

...but I still can't find anything for female characters that truly looks like what she wore in the comic.

[IMG]

It would help immensely if the Wikia Style Guide had pictures of EVERY female style, but they don't. :(
    • Like x 3
  12. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

only the helm it self and the yes are sepprate colors.The top could have easely been made so we could color it I hope you DEVS ouit there are reading this and do something about it.theres three color slots to choose for the helm but only 2 of them works:rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  13. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Violet Light Protect me!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Yes Green Lanterns are welcomed in Sapphire Haven too :D
    • Like x 2
  14. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Thumbs up, by Grud :p
    • Like x 1
  15. IIArcFlashII New Player

Well Im back again with a new round of styles :D, just want to mention before hand just in case I made a style that someone else has made or is pretty similar, I am sorry and I am not trying to copy anyone, I made these all solely with what styles I have atm.

Ok 1st. off is Michael Corvin Hybrid from Underworld movie.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

2nd. is just a simple 24 Karat Gold Batman Beyond for fun haha
    [IMG]

3rd. Neo From the Matrix movies
    [IMG]

4th. My Take on White and Green Ranger
    [IMG]

5th. Updated my Savitar look to be more "CW-Show" accurate
    [IMG]

6th. Last but not least are Natsu and Gray from Anime Fairytail
    [IMG]

Last little Picture, excuse the ugly UI forgot to turn it off for the picture but it was too cool looking not to upload lol
    [IMG]

Well that is all for now Thank you to all the replies on my previous post I appreciate it :D
    • Like x 4
  16. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

That is the irony of the Man of Steel costume.

They were sooooooo proud of getting rid of the red underwear...... but somehow turned the whole suit into looooooong underwear.
    Heck the Superman suit is literally Kryptonian under armor.

:eek: ;) ;)
    • Like x 2
  17. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

That's IMPOSSIBLE. :eek:

How can he be a member of the Sinestro Corps??
    He does not have a Sinestro Corps emblem.
    He does not have a Sinestro Yellow ring.

That is FAKE news. :eek:

;) ;) ;)

But seriously.... good job. That is a pretty awesome Judge Dredd look.
    Pretty easy to pull off on the Hero side.
    But sadly near impossible to pull off on the Villain side unless you get REALLY lucky with the Prometium Lockboxes.

Congrast on being lucky and getting the style you needed.

And yes... we do need for Style Unlocking to be added to the game especially for this kind of situation. ;)
    • Like x 3
  18. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

'Cuz like any good Street Judge, he has the ability to instill great fear! ;)

The Emblem will come when I can get the Disciple of Parallax Back Style for him. I tried the other Sinestro Corps Emblem over his left breast as his badge, but that gets distorted on this chest style and doesn't look right. :(

As for the ring, the rings never show up on the Character Selection Screen (which is where I take a lot of my screenshots to show off my characters, 'cuz having either Mogo or Warworld overhead is just too perfect!) Never have known why that is. :confused:

If I'm not mistaken, there are styles available to villains and/or everyone that work as alternatives for the "Shoulder Eagle", this was just the first one I was able to obtain for him. :D

But we need far more than what many of us suspect they're planning for Style Unlocking. We need many MORE styles added to the Rare Style Vendors, and we need a dedicated vendor for Cross-Faction Styles, so our characters can buy those styles for REASONABLE in-game prices (that means no more of this 70 Marks for a Style Only with no stats attached bullcrap! For characters that are just starting out, it takes a looooong time to get 70 Marks for just one style. If you need multiples to pull off the look you're going for, you're gonna be waiting a loooooong time to get your character looking the way you want.) :(
    • Like x 1
  19. Jabari Macgrath New Player

I AGREE 100% ABOUT EITHER INCREASING LOCKBOX DROPS OR PUTTING MORE RARE ITEMS! I've gotten druid style like 30 times last month. CMON DEVS! PLEASE!
    • Like x 3
  20. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Keeping it simple with the Enhanced Absolute Zero gear.

Well, that and I didn't learn that you needed Snowballs to make the enhanced version until WELL after I had gotten rid of some old stacks of snowballs in some recent character inventory cleaning. :oops:

Anyhow, the pic!

[IMG]
    • Like x 2