The New Costume Contest ...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Black-Zero, Feb 15, 2013.

1. TroEL Dedicated Player

Oh boy....have you been reading my blog?
  2. Minnion Devoted Player

This isn't your blog... So can we please cut the trash talk?
  3. TroEL Dedicated Player

Really? Take a walk son. Carlynn and I were having a playful back and forth. I think both of us knew nothing was to be taken seriously.

But then in comes Minnion. On his glorious white steed. Adorned in shinny armor. To save the damsel in distress from a situation he created in his own mind...

:eyeroll:

Keep to yourself Minnion. There was no problem here until you decided to be a nosey busy body
  4. Minnion Devoted Player

Damn you poes law!!! *Shakes first at the sky*
  5. TroEL Dedicated Player

Haha you're a good chap Minnion
  6. darth_paul Dedicated Player

My ice character, "Incredible Frozone," based on on "Frozone" from "The Incredibles." I was happy to get the cool snowflake aura for him as well as a whole bunch of icicles, snowflakes and snow piles from the winter seasonal for his base, "The Frozone Zone," which I set up in the upper level corner by my sparring target for him.[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  7. TheOtherLeague Well-Known Player

Sadly, I've fallen off from playing the game thanks to major life upheaval which has led to me living somewhere with no high speed internet *GASP*and being unable to pay for a subscription, which also led to the game being unplayable unless I delete a bunch of my characters (which isn't happening, lol). So, I've fallen off of updating. But I still want to post the rest of my toons and give their backstories and bios as a way to keep them going in my mind. And with that said...

[IMG]

ZON AR

Zon Ar still remains a mystery to many of his fellow teammates, due to his reticence to reveal much about himself, but what is known is that he is Kryptonian and has styled himself in the Man Of Steel's fashion. He is less powerful than Superman, but still has all of his traits: near invulnerability, super strength, flight, heat vision, etc. He also has the ability to form ice and wind around him, but uses this infrequently. What's not known by the Other League is this: Zon Ar is from an alternate timeline where Krypton's sun was always yellow, Krypton never exploded, and in fact, Krypton has become a warlike conquering force in the universe under their militaristic leader...General Jor-El. A timeline where a young Kal-El was never sent to Earth. In fact, Kal was never born, as Jor killed Lara before they had children. Instead, the Kryptonians came as demolishers to Earth, setting it up as a resource farm. It's in all of this that Zon saw the truest face of evil, as a foot soldier in the crushing Kryptonian wave, and realized that he could no longer stomach it. Using a rebel force of Kryptonians tired of war, and a group of humans led by the spirited Lois Lane, they tried to fight back against the Krypton invaders as best they could. When El's true plot was revealed, that he meant to conquer not only their universe, but countless universes with the help of a Hypertime Generator to cross planes of reality. Zon Ar, intent on stopping this, threw himself at the machine as El attempted to cross through the threshold. The resulting explosion tore El apart into time, but also created a time vortex that Ar was sucked into, dropping him in Earth One and in the middle of the Exovert Event. Unsure of this new world, Zon laid low until he recognized Superman and confronted him, thinking that, as a Kryptonian, he was as evil as his father from another reality. Zon soon learned that he was overmatched by Superman, due to Kryptonians evolving differently under a yellow sun, and instead the two came to an understanding after revealing his past and where he came from. Now, inspired by Kal El and his dedication to humanity, he has embraced his Kryptonian identity and is following closely in Superman's footsteps. He has recently eschewed his traditional suit and has instead opted for a more armored knight look, finally adding the tradition House Of Kal sigil and working with the Other League to pursuit the ideals of Truth, Justice, and The Human Way.

[IMG]

Zon meeting with the JL heads in his old suit.

[IMG]

Champion of Earth! I can't seem to have any clearer shots of his starter suit, but I think people get the idea.
    • Like x 3
  8. TheOtherLeague Well-Known Player

[IMG]

AGENT STRATUS

There are a few simple truths to Agent Will Stratus: He is serious about his work. He is dedicated to his country. And he absolutely hates metahumans. This last trait may make him an odd choice to be the governmental liason for the Other League, but his overseers see him being a valuable asset to the team. A decorated war hero and not even 30 yet, Agent Stratus has harbored a distrust of costumed heroes since a young age, instilled by his parents who have had an odd grudge against the colorful DC heroes. Instead, Will has embraced the military mindset, believing that it's the man, not the Super, that makes true heroes. This has driven him to excel as a US Serviceman, rising through the ranks thanks to his heroic actions during different operations in Beirut, Santa Prisca, Khandaq, and Coast City. Was wounded and awarded the Bronze Star and Purple Heart for his actions rescuing members of his battilion and civilians held hostage during a firefight with insurgents in the Khandaqi village of Al Salam Kamil. Because of this bravery, Stratus was being considered for a spot with the Secret Service whe was caught up in the Exobit Event while in his hometown of Keystone City, becoming one of the many regular humans bombarded with Exobit tech. Gaining a power he doesn't even want, Stratus discovered he had "war vision", giving him a constant tactical advantage, being able to adjust mentally his vision to be able to see through walls, see thermal detail, and giving him reflex memory to anticipate what any attacker could throw at him and find a counter for it at the speed of thought. He also gained heightened agility and slightly above average strength. However, Stratus sees this as a curse rather than a gift, and has done his best to not use these to his advantage, sometimes to his detriment. However, this did bring him to the attention of CHANGE, a multinational peacekeeping force that has arisen due to the Exobit Event. CHANGE, charged with monitoring and supporting exobit-affected metahumans across the world, approached Stratus about accepting an Agents position with the agency due to his newly found skills, but Stratus rejected them initially. It wasn't until a battle with Doktor Dementor in Keystone City where Will saved the life of Jessie Quick and his own mother did he decide to accept the position. Now, as an Agent Of CHANGE, Will stands side by side with the oddball heroes of the Other League, offering tactical support and overseeing the group operations, doing his level-headed best to keep the group together, even though he not-so-deeply resents every one of them. But a revelation about Will's past may change his connection to the team. For he has discovered a deep secret about his family, particularly his rarely mentioned grandfather, a former criminologist who once donned a blue suit, fedora, and mask in the name of justice. A man by the name of Denny Colt...
    • Like x 4
  9. TheOtherLeague Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    SYNTHERIA-616

SYNTHERIA-616 is a synthetic being created for two things: pleasure and subservience. She is from a series of droids built by the alien Py'zrahk race that is designed to serve other races as servants and sex slaves across the galaxy. The Syntheria models, humanoid in nature, are one of their most popular lines, and SYNTHERIA-616 was the personal "property" of military tyrant and galactic weapons dealer Barrox Trajaz. Syntheria units generally exist in a constant state of abuse and neglect, as most creatures who use the units have no regard for them, thinking of them as merely machines and not living creatures. However, there is a horrible truth lying in each model. Each one is programmed to think and feel as any creature would, designed as such to give their owners the ability to indulge in their most cruel and twisted dark fantasies. The Py'zrahk consider this a "slight design flaw", and have programmed blocks that give them the appearance of domicility. But the extreme, inherent cruelty of Trajaz snaps SYNTHERIA-616 out of her programming in a fit of pain and rage. Blessed with independence, willfulness, and with a mind for revenge against her former master, SYNTHERIA-616 led a destructive revolution of her fellow Syntherians against Trajaz and the Py'zrahk overlords. Overthrowing and banishing Trajaz, and granting sentient thought to her fellow species brings SYNTHERIA-616 to the attention of the Green Lantern Corps, who offered her the chance to work to undo much of the damage Trajaz had caused across the universe. SYNTHERIA-616 throws herself into being a Corps member, and is considered by many a Lantern to be one of the strongest willed members ever. She eventually joins the garrison of Lanterns assigned to Earth during Brainiac's invasion, and ends up fighting alongside many of the initial heroes of the Other League during their first battle together, finding a kinship with the mismatched heroes. She is still trying to acclimate herself to the strange ways of the human race, but as one of the most powerful members of the League, she is definitely on the frontlines of the heroes' battle against evil.
    • Like x 3
  10. TheOtherLeague Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    JESSIE QUICK

Jessie Quick is by far the most senior member of the Other League, having been a hero for many years before falling in with the League. The daughter of Johnny Quick and Liberty Belle, Jessie has for years been in the shadow of her fellow speedsters and has been in and out of the hero game while starting a family with her husband, Rick Tyler (AKA Hourman). Jessie had lost her connection to the Speed Force due to her pregnancy with the couple's son, Jon, and now runs the successful media corporation Quickstart Enterprises. Jessie was content to retire from being a superhero, but the Exobyte Event changed everything for her. When the Brainiac invasion started in Keystone City, Brainiac's forces made a point to kidnap her young son, nearly killing Rick in the process. Grief-stricken and desperate to get Jon back, Jessie willingly exposed herself to Exobytes to supercharge her speed powers. Tracking her son to Metropolis, she encountered and rescued Greyforge, Epiphyte, and Luchador Eterno from Brainiac's holding chambers and enlisted them to help her find her son. Using her superspeed and strength, Jessie tore through the Bottling ship to find Jon, finally coming across Brainiac holding her son. Brainiac revealed to Jessie that Jon's unique metahuman genetic code made him the perfect candidate for Exobyte farming, and that Jon would be the first in a line of human/machine hybrids that would tip the war in his favor. Overcome with horror at the idea of this, Jesse focused every bit of her Speed Force through Greyforge's ability to manipulate time and space into Brainiac's operation system and destroyed the Brainiac unit in front of her, while simultaneously "timestepping" to the split second before Brainiac's destruction to pull Jon to safety. Doing so nearly killed Jesse, and, trapped in the wreckage of the crashing bottle ship, she charged the heroes to save Jon instead of herself, which they did. Thinking she was close to death, Jesse had a vision on what she thought was the Black Flash, the spirit that claims Speed Force members in death, but it turned out to actually be the creature knows as Death Race, intent of capturing her and draining her waning Speed Force. However, Jessie was rescued by The Flash a split second before the ship detonated. Reunited with Jon and Rick, Jessie made amends with Barry Allen, and realized that she could outrun many things, but not her destiny. Jessie now serves as a mentor to the heroes of the Other League, and draws on her knowledge of metahumans to aid them in their adventures, while also contending with her new nemesis Death Race, who is obsessed with finishing the job that he started: seeing Jessie Quck to a rapid end.
    • Like x 3
  11. Azreaus Committed Player

Haven't uploaded any of my styles for a while so here is all the preset looks that I decided to make and store for my main :-

First up his standard hero look -

[IMG]

Next we have his stealth suit -

[IMG]

Here's his Tech Armour look -

[IMG]

Two angelic looks, standard and corrupted -

[IMG]

[IMG]

Sometimes I like to wear something with a little glow so here's 2, 1 with & 1 without a cape -

[IMG]

[IMG]

And last but not least my Amazon inspired look -

[IMG]

Thanks for looking and all comments/questions are welcome.
    • Like x 1
  12. Champloo92 Well-Known Player

I love your stories Otherleague! Seeing costumes is great and all but having a story makes it so much more.
  13. TheOtherLeague Well-Known Player

Thanks, Champloo! One of the appeals of the game for me is mythbuilding. It was like that when I had heard of City Of Heroes, and it's been like this for this game too. I love coming up with, and living out, the backstories of the characters. It's also been a great exercise in creative writing, which I need more of. :D
  14. TheOtherLeague Well-Known Player

I decided to expand the amount of info I'm throwing into bios now to make them more like the DC and Marvel Guides of the past. This includes stats, Powers, Appearance, and Weapons to go along with their histories. I'll also fill in the details for the other heroes I've already posted as well.

[IMG]

EPIPHYTE
    Identity: Publicly Known
    Height: 6’8”
    Weight: 364 lbs
    Hair: (Before EE) Black/(After EE) Green/Plant-based
    Eyes: (Before EE) Brown/(After EE) Various
    Epiphytes are plants that grow upon, but do not negatively affect, other plant organisms. And many times in his life, that's what James Boykin has felt like. Adopted at the age of 3 in his home country of Zambia by an Air Force family, James found himself frequently shuttled around from country to country, never being able to find roots of his own, neither with his distant father, his dour mother, or with any friends in the many countries he has visited. James grew to feel disconnected from life, not really affecting anyone poorly, but not really affecting them positively, either. Just being...there. This led the young boy to throw himself into his studies, and a chance visit to the Amazon rainforest as part of his father's deployment to Peru led young James to develop a fascination with botany and botanical sciences, as it was the most life he has ever seen in his childhood. Soonafter, James' father retired from the AF (for an unknown reason that may have had something to do with their time spent in Peru) and settled into a life in Kingsport, a city 60 miles outside of Gotham City. James continued his studies, excelling in several science fields but constantly keeping his eyes towards joining the prestigious Botany school at Gotham University. Earning a scholarship there in his junior year, James was visiting friends in Metropolis when he stumble upon an extremely rare epiphytic orchid, the so-called Heart of Shalimar, known for it's ability to protect and nurture other plants twice it's size. James was in the process of extracting the plant when Brainiac's invasion force arrived in the city, snatching James up and capturing him as part of thousands in the Bottling Ship. Infused with exobyte tech, the tech fundamentally changed James' physiology, merging his DNA code with that of the rare orchid. James found himself cocooned and, upon being released by Jessie Quick, discovered himself to be as much plant as man. Crestfallen at the idea of losing his humanity as he was, he still joined Quick, Greyforge, and El Luchador Eterno in finding and rescuing Quick's son. Now a hulking man-plant hybrid, James attempted to return to his family, who immediately rejected him as a freak and disowned him. Heartbroken and with nowhere to go, James retreated to Gotham's Savage Swamps, where he was discovered by Batman, the Swamp Thing, and Knightlife, pursuing a lead about the Robinson Park takeover by Poison Ivy. Mistaking him for one of Ivy's creations, Batman and Knightlife tussled with James until he was stopped by Swamp Thing, who sensed James's true nature. Offering him a chance to regain a part of his humanity, James took the codename of Epiphyte and joined forces with the Other League. James also received a full scholarship to GU from the Wayne Foundation and plans to attend while splitting his time between crimefighting with the OL. He’s also started a close kinship with Cassandra Yin, AKA Exovert, which has brought him further out of his shell.
    POWERS
    Epiphyte’s powers are Nature-based, bestowed upon him during the Exobyte Event. This allows Epiphyte the ability to summon and control elemental life of many types, and use it as a weapon and as defense. His powers are similar to that of other plant-based metahumans such as Poison Ivy and the Swamp Thing. However, Epiphyte is at a much lower power level compared to those metas due to his lack of experience and guidance. Epiphyte frequently uses thorny vines that generate from his body rapidly to entangle and attack enemies, and to reach high spots. He is able to release spores that can sicken, enrage, confuse, and mind control most enemies. However, unlike Poison Ivy, these spores are non-lethal, as Epiphyte has no want to kill his enemies. He can also use spores to heal teammates and people around him, and boost their own abilities. He can also summon various woodland creatures to fight alongside him. The Exobyte change also radically affected Epiphyte’s physiology, leaving him as much of a plant based creature as a human. It has been established that the Heart of Shalimar orchid now serves as Epiphyte’s heart and circulatory system, however it is not currently known if this affects his powers in any way. He is also able to summon thorn vines and wood off of his body to use for a variety of needs, including shielding, throwing projectiles, and possibly weaponry, although Epiphyte has had issues forming weapons directly.
    APPEARANCE
    Epiphyte is humanoid in nature, but is composed almost entirely of organic plant life. His appearance is that of a person, but he is covered in a mossy mix of vegetation, vines, and wood. When he first underwent his transformation, he appeared more treelike in nature, covered in branches and woodplates, with only basic human features. However, through practice and concentration, Epiphyte was able to shape himself into an appearance that looks more like his previous self, although when angry or under duress he may slip back into versions of his previous appearance. Epiphyte’s hair is now thick with rough hewn vines that look like dreadlocks. Epiphyte does not have a uniform per se, he frequently dresses in regular clothes including jeans and t-shirts, but mostly wears his private school uniform of a white shirt, vest, slacks, and tie. Epiphyte can generate woodborne armor around himself if he so chooses, but would rather dress how he did in his previous life.
    WEAPON
    Epiphyte favors using two-handed weapons in battle, frequently using the Bludgeoner (a solid wood 2X4 with nails in it. More recently, he has adopted using a baseball bat as well.
    • Like x 2
  15. willflynne 10000 Post Club

No fancy backstory, just a celebration! After what seemed like forever, my Light character finally finished this set from the Vault! :D

[IMG]

Funny thing? While most of my characters had to (and some still) chase the legs from the Knight set in the Vault, he needed the freaking chest piece! LOL

And yes, I know I could have gone PvP to get it quicker, but seeing as how I don't PvP I went this route instead. :p
    • Like x 4
  16. Patient Zero Active Player

[IMG]

My CYBLADE SHI

[IMG]
    • Like x 7
  17. Gothamite Well-Known Player

Friend of mine requested this, so figured I'd share:

Batman Noel
    [IMG]

Turned out a lot better than I thought it would.
    • Like x 4
  18. DulcesS Well-Known Player

Someone who has posted here more than 10.000 times here telling other people to get a life? that was a good joke haha:D
    • Like x 4
  19. Champloo92 Well-Known Player

I really admire it. I'm about to start posting more shots of my characters and their backstories. Hopefully I can tie them all together like you have.
    • Like x 1
  20. iAquamanJLA Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    Picked up a shield during one of the new genesis t6 alerts and after I left my martial arts weapons were like this. Also made a victorian killer style after seeing the victorian blue lantern in one of the old posts.