The New Costume Contest ...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Black-Zero, Feb 15, 2013.

1. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

Its what super villains and heroes call their outfits, "costumes". As apposed to their alter ego street clothes.
    • Like x 4
  2. Drake Malice Dedicated Player

I dont ever recall hearing Batman or Superman or Lex Luthor or Joker call their outfits "Costumes"
  3. Dcon34DCUO Loyal Player

The title may say costume contest, but the thread, for the most part, has just been an area for us to show off and compare character designs. Some times people want to know which styles people have picked and we help out as best we can.

This is the first line of the thread:

It doesn't necessarily mean "Halloween-style costume dress up."
    • Like x 2
  4. Drake Malice Dedicated Player

But neither does it mean "original character designs only" like CC is complaining about
    • Like x 1
  5. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

If they say it or not, that's what it is. Kind of like in The Walking Dead they don't call them zombies even though we all know they are zombies. They call call them walkers all they want, we still know.
  6. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

I didn't say only. I just said I miss when people showed more originality.
    • Like x 1
  7. Drake Malice Dedicated Player

Worst possible analogy. Zombies dont exist in pop culture in the Walking Dead universe so the word Zombie isnt known to the characters. Im pretty sure Batman knows what a costume is, but he would call it a Uniform or Suit
  8. Drake Malice Dedicated Player

So you want people to post their original designs instead of using the game's creation capabilities to make costumes...?
  9. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

A costume is a type of suit.
  10. willflynne 10000 Post Club

At least once more, I guess. :p

[IMG]

Metallic sheen to that headpiece kind of ruins the snow gear look, though.

Couldn't help but poke a little fun, don't mind me. :D For me, it's mainly that I've found a lot of looks that I'm happy with for my characters, or that there are certain pieces I haven't gotten yet for particular looks (still waiting on that Virtuous Knight chest piece from the Vault to try a Kingdom Come GL look on my Light character).

As I get some more pieces through progression I'll play around a bit more, but for right now my costumes are pretty well settled, so any experiments I try will probably be "inspired by" looks.
    • Like x 5
  11. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

Yeah I like to see what people come up with what we are given. I mean people have in this thread of you look through it. Just lately every time I come in here there's a new Deathstroke that looked like the last one.
  12. just an honest dps New Player

while he doesn't explicitly say it, Batman doesn't deny it either that he is wearing a costume.
    • Like x 2
  13. Drake Malice Dedicated Player

I dont understand that. Every time i check there is a page of designs not based on anything in particular (which means i can only shrug at them) and maybe 1 or 2 "inspired by" designs intended to replicate a famous design (to which i can actively judge how close they have come to it). I am all for Originality in terms of make a character your own but i like to see people use various unrelated parts to make something we all know well as a costume. Everything i post in this thread is my main wearing an "inspired By" design because if i just posted their original costume that would be 1 post and then they would never be seen again
  14. Drake Malice Dedicated Player

Jordan meant that jokingly so naturally Batman wasnt going to retort a joke
  15. just an honest dps New Player

jokingly or not he wasn't wrong. he's wearing a bat costume.
    • Like x 2
  16. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

See where you like that, I don't. There's only one Batman despite all the characters running around with names like xXxXb4tm4n1546883XxXx. I want to see something more.
  17. just an honest dps New Player

BTW per your definition, batman is wearing something that makes him look like something else. (a bat/super vigilante/crime fighter/alter ego/spoiler alert....not bruce wayne)
    • Like x 1
  18. just an honest dps New Player

also the thread is called NEW Costume contest. B4tm4n012930283924xx's costume isn't new. He copied it from B4tm4n012930283924x ;)
    • Like x 1
  19. Drake Malice Dedicated Player

Doesnt seem you like you know much about Batman. Bruce Wayne considers "Bruce Wayne" to be his Costume, Batman is his job. He isnt "dressing like a crime fighter", he is wearing his armor for battle (even when it isnt really armor he still has his utility belt)
  20. just an honest dps New Player

He's not Batman. Batman is just a symbol. The real person is Bruce Wayne who couldn't handle being an orphan so he created this Batman persona to deal with it. Seems like you don't know much about Bruce Wayne.