The new collections are making omni even worse

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Reinheld, Apr 20, 2024.

1. Boss Dark Side Well-Known Player

In Star Trek Online, the random feature is more restrictive than DCUO. When the queue pops, it doesn't even tell you what you are going into, just "random queue is ready." And once in, there is a 30 minute penalty for ditching. DCUO seems generous by comparison.
    • Like x 3
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Don't get hung up on the nuance. It's random in so far as you've relinquished control over the chosen instance. In that respect it's also only random in so far as what other people might be queuing at any given point in time.

If other people are disproportionately queuing specific instances then yes, that will impact your experience, but when using omnibus you're not supposed to care what instance you get, if you did you'd stop using omnibus and start queuing custom.

There is also a favorite tab created specifically to allow you to only custom queue the instances you want quicker than working through the larger list I'd encourage you to use this to better your experience rather than using omnibus to fish particular instances contrary to its designed purpose. If you're finding the same instances popping too frequently then also mix it up with omnibus and custom favorites.

We should never be discouraging the developers from adding rewards in to older content though because it's desperately needed to keep content active.
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yes...dangling feat related RNG carrots seems to be the ONLY way they know to keep the content active. On this we agree. We apparently just differ on if that's a good or bad thing.

EDIT: Meanwhile I was queued for CTR for over an hour last night only getting 1 pop to go in, which was bailed on. Guess that run needs even MORE carrots.
  4. KidKretz Committed Player

for me, sometimes the grind is simply logging into the game. occasionally that becomes hard and a complete task in itself haha
  5. KidKretz Committed Player

i am very thankful this game doesnt instill harsh penalties for leaving or ditching, especially in my pug life experience. if our group doesnt beat it the the first two attempts, its very hard for anyone to do anything different that will change the outcome in future attempts.

over the years i used to stay and try to "rally the group" but i have long since left my days of patience behind me. now i have relegated myself to 2 attempts and quit. my time is more precious to me now than say, teaching mechanics to players. that's the devs job anyway.

but yes, very thankful and grateful the penalties are not harsh and i hope they will not make them so, or else the choice is simple, i get a penalty = i go play another game. thankfully if i get enough penalties in this game, which has happened in the past,not lately, i just log into another character, so thats nice too!
  6. Proxystar #Perception

We literally sit here and ask them to put more rewards in omnibus and make omnibus more rewarding then when they do you call the cops?
    • Like x 1
  7. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I would agree that there would be a negative aspect to this if it continues on for months or years as I too like the "random instance" aspect of omni. But on a short term basis, I like that there's a chance of additional benefit from omni queuing.
  8. Canadian Justice Committed Player

Omni/EEG in general, not really what I'm looking to put whatever time I have towards. Been there, done that. And for the vast majority of my league, been there, done that as well. Now some certainly still do omni runs for the marks. Those same league members do bounty runs as well. I do neither. Don't really need marks for much anymore.

I'm sure these collections are seen as an answer to the problem of not enough content. For me, not a fan. I think the solution is to look further back than an OP collection style grind. All the way back to the way we used to get a weekly bonus raid and daily bonus content that offered endgame marks. Although without a need for endgame marks, I'm not sure many would run bonus content once vendor gear and feat items are cleared.

Not that collection hunting provides any real longevity either. Finished within a week. Won't actively seek out those instances anymore. But the collection hunt certainly feels more forced and chore like.

I don't know. I find myself enjoying being done with a DLC more than starting a new one. DCUO has stagnated. And while the people are still great and the game can still be fun, it's missing that "I can't wait for" feeling. It's devolved from a more old school pure game to a more modern microtransaction filled, FOMO simulator.

Rambling again, sorry.
    • Like x 1
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

We? Hold on bucko, don't lump me in with you spam lovers. Any rewards I've ever given a thumbs up to in old content is without feats. Make them interesting on their own not some dumb chase collection with terrible RNG that becomes either mandatory for some to have...or something to spam and sell for more of the fake, screwed up money we have in game.
  10. Proxystar #Perception

How is the feat or aura mandatory? Like I said just custom queue the instances you want or just ride the wave for the period that the masses farm it out and it'll settle down, it's not a problem and really it's ultimately a positive thing, it even gives people more items to farm to sell for in game cash for other things they might want. There is nothing negative about this addition, other than making Reinheld get upset running old content I guess, which seems to happen most days anyway.
    • Like x 1
  11. Boss Dark Side Well-Known Player

I agree STO is pretty harsh. All I can say is that it works. People don't queue unless they truly will accept whatever comes. I will say, they may have harsh penalties BUT there are additional rewards for doing random. So, it makes a bit more sense.

STO really wanted the random aspect and didn't want abuse of the system. So, they put it in rewards/penalties to make it happen. DCUO could learn a little something from this... *cough* additional rewards *cough*
    • Like x 1
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Well, that's why I said 'for some'...that's wrong?. So there is no one in this game who gets the feeling that getting SP is mandatory. I suppose that's why they attach SP to things that no one would otherwise want to do/buy...right? Guess I made that up.