The new aura makes me sad :<

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Liongale, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Liongale Dedicated Player

Ah, I love windy things and wind-based powers, that's kinda my thing. I want that new aura! That's the first aura I ever actually wanted.

...but I can't afford 20 bux for a lottery chance at it. I'm well aware of my luck, and I'm not going to get it in one shot. At best, I'd get one of those quantum auras I don't care for. I'd be better off straight up buying replay badges or such.

I ain't knocking the process, by the by. I'm just lamenting not being able to afford the chances to get one. Lemme buy it for 250 marks of reality or something ;-;

...I'll give you Breakforce for one. That's a good deal, right?
    • Like x 10
  2. AgentX44 Committed Player

if I ever get an extra nimbus aura (I too like the wind/smoke effect it has), care to trade with base items that I will need to complete the base item feats? :) Last year, I got 3 plasmic auras out of the 7 boxes i bought. So maybe I might have better luck than you :)
    • Like x 1
  3. Noqc New Player

[IMG]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Save up for one; just like I'm doing...trying to get one for a fire toon.
    • Like x 1
  4. ProudBoyJ New Player

I still think plasmic are cooler :)
    • Like x 1
  5. BumblingB I got better.

Hey Liongale, send me a PM on how much you are willing to pay for it. I'll be reasonable about it too, since we are buds. Don't do it here. lol

And I don't take half full heroes either. ;)
    • Like x 1
  6. Liongale Dedicated Player

I will trade whatever you want, gimme a shopping list!
  7. Liongale Dedicated Player

I only got 4 million, and I would not rob anyone by paying a mere 4 million for one :p
  8. BumblingB I got better.

Well, start a "Get Liongale a Nimbus Aura" fund in the vengies. Then let me know in a PM.
    • Like x 1
  9. Derio 15000 Post Club

Prices for the aura might go down, its only the first day after all.
    • Like x 3
  10. BumblingB I got better.

They will go down by the end of the Booster Box's life, then go up until the PSG version drops. But they will be worth a lot after PSG does it 3x, because look at how expensive the original Plasmic Aura is.
    • Like x 1
  11. MercPony Devoted Player

You PC people are so nice! I really want a Blue Plasmic aura lol I'm on USPS. But sadly I don't really have the in-game cash or anything of equal value to give.
    • Like x 1
  12. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

Well. I'm starting to get there myself.
    The Booster Bundle really turned my stomach last time around and I think there was enough feedback to get a clear read that, although people are spending on it, they don't like the concept. I didn't care much for the plasmic aura , but needed bundle contents at the time and was happy to spend $40 for a couple... with no luck on the rare aura

However, this time - I wanted a Nimbus Aura and didn't need the bundle contents
    I think $40 is enough to spend for this - in addition to my Annual sub, plus $10-$15 per month that I spend in game....
    When I spend an additional $20 in game.... I should get what I want not a chance.

Am at a point, where SoE is going to loose me, simply because I feel like they are petty.

I hate this Promo and am building disdain for the company and people selling it.

I've always tried to been pretty even minded when posting on the forums, but today I feel cheated.
    Regardless of Mepps proclamations back in August that it's a 'good deal'. It doesn't feel like a good deal - and from customer perspective that is critical.

Obviously, we'll likely never know who at SoE/DCUO is pushing the BB concept, but whoever they are, they have very little understand of what creates truly loyal customers. I just spent $40 with SoE and I hate that I did it.
    • Like x 9
  13. Red Skorpion Dedicated Player

until me and Goku can rock the same Aura idc about 1 freaking aura in this game. IMO they are hardly worth looking at to be honest ... don't stone me for being honest XD we all have our opinions
  14. GregDawe New Player

Hey Dev's, are you listening?

Don't make the mistake of thinking this bloke is alone in his way of thinking.
    • Like x 9
  15. Udon New Player

They state its a good deal and the aura is just "icing" on the cake. It is a decent deal...but I would bet nearly everyone buys these for the aura. I for one don't care for these aura's and think DCUO is kind of lacking in aura selection and customization...but that's just my opinion.

Either way, whatever the Dev's may believe/say they should know the aura's are popular and there is a better way of marketing them without pissing off a large part of the player base. i.e. Look no further than Wep style packs...so why not make Aura Style packs for the market place.

Power themed, elemental themed, iconic themed, etc, etc...

I may get in trouble but here is an example:

And I know DCUO can do better than this ^

BTW I hope u get your aura.
    • Like x 4
  16. GregDawe New Player

Love those auras!!!!

There you go Dev's.
    Get them into the game.

The Cyro one is amazing!!!
    And adjustable colours for auras.
    Now there is meeting demands of the players!!!
    • Like x 2
  17. CCBatson Dedicated Player

I just know at some point, I'm gonna get sucked in by a lightning aura like what Shazam is drawn with in the animated Justice League: War movie. :(
  18. spack2k Steadfast Player

yeah this Game was light -years ahead about auras
    • Like x 1
  19. King Atom New Player

I feel your pain liongale, the booster packs are nice for what they are but it would be awesome If these unique aura styles and colors would be available by other means such as marketplace or marks. Because I would glad spend money to purchase them.

But i learned from last year if you just want the aura from these booster packs,stay clear away from buying the pack! Since theres a chance you will set yourself up for disappointment if you dont get one. I was lucky enough to get last year aura and the red plasmic but at a cost and silly of me for buying these pack just for a aura.

Its best to buy it from the broker or maybe someone you know can cut you a nice deal price to avoid digging into your pockets.

I really hope in the future the devs starting adding some aura styles in the marketplace.

Good luck and I hope you get one from someone.
    • Like x 1
  20. SuperBell Loyal Player

Well, I'm knocking the process. I think this hurts the players. You can't get this aura unless you have hundreds of dollars in disposable income, millions of dollars in ingame dupped cash, or are very lucky. And making it limited time only means that any future characters you make that might look good in these will never be able to get it.