The New 52 Promethium Lockbox Styles

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by iLLusion, Jun 7, 2013.

1. The Kitsune New Player

I am really wanting the cybernetic style.
  2. Little Sister New Player

Great pics OP! Thank you!

And to the person that asked for the female versions, there's pictures of all of them on the DCUO Wikia
    • Like x 1
  3. tukuan Devoted Player

Pretty sure Warner wouldn't sign off on logo usage when either faction could acquire the style. It might have been a nice touch to have a Zod shield for the villain side but that would likely require some fundamental changes to the object behaviors as unlike the tiered gear you can send these back and forth between factions.

As for it just being a basic suit, I hate to say it but Superman is the very definition of a basic suit. When you look at it side by side it's pretty close, in fact only the boots need to be a little higher and the wrist detail is lost (give the 3 colour detail model that makes sense). A cape might have been a nice touch but I think there are many in the game already that are pretty close.

[IMG]
  4. Volaron New Player

It's a simple suit because the shield makes the costume. Without the shield it's a generic costume you would find on the starter menu. If they couldn't add the logo they should've just gone to another 52 suit.
    • Like x 3
  5. krimzonk Committed Player

How come there is no love for Batman in these new 52 inspired styles! Batman, dammit, Batman! The Dark Knight needs some love. Give us the whole style that Evil Batman wears in Family Reunion, awesome! Or even Ninja Batman!
  6. tukuan Devoted Player

I have no argument with that part, but I do know a lot of people wanted that exact suit. Personally I thought it was unnecessary.
  7. xxxDOMINOxxx New Player

Thanks for the awesome pics.

My only problem is with Cybernetic you can't change the color from dark grey. The red and black parts in the picture can be changed but not the metalic grey. I really wanted red armor for my cybernetic toon.
  8. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I think I fall into that category. Since I saw the first pics of it, the Stalwart Defender suit is the one I've been hoping to see in Lockboxes. So of course, the ones I'm least interested in (Zealot and Mercenary) have been the ones that have showed up so far. :D
  9. Little Sister New Player

They probably don't want villains wearing the S anyways...
  10. Berretta9x New Player

90% of players probably don't even know who talon is lol. court of owls bad *** story line.
  11. Berretta9x New Player

And yes I believe that everyone in game feels the same about stalwart set (in my personal opinion) because it basically looks like they rummaged thru a scrap pile of styles and said yep that looks good. Already a big let down with the t5 styles don't need to make it worse with styles like that "superman inspired" stalwart set.
  12. willflynne 10000 Post Club

And it can be borderline foolish to believe that everyone feels or thinks the same way you do about something. ;)

As for the style itself, it's consistent with the game and (minus the cape and emblem) accurate to the New 52 look. If I remember right, the New 52 redesigns for at least the Justice League came from Jim Lee, who was also responsible for a lot of the designs we see in the game. Heck, in the first issue of the New 52 Justice League, they included some of the sketches Lee did for redesigns, and the Aquaman look that he originally came up with is the same one used in DCUO. So it fits in with the rest of the looks in the game pretty well.

The plus side is that we aren't stuck using only two colors on the outfit and we can throw our own emblem on the chest. Just checking the preview on the broker got me psyched up about the possibilities. Now if only those Mercenary pieces would stop dropping.....
  13. TrueMarvel New Player

Exactly. I'd rather they make a superman inspired suit. Not a photocopy with important missing parts. I wouldn't mind a "S" shield on the shoulder or maybe somewhere creative. Something that screams "This is superman inspired!".... as of now, I can change the color gray and black and it could be a batman suit..................... and you would never know.
    • Like x 1
  14. Mr. Ninjafeet Active Player

I like the Stalwart set, if anyone has the chest drop let me know and I'd gladly trade for it (last one I need). It would have gone from good to amazing if they included just the pentagonal shield on the suit without the trademark "S", then you could emblem up the center of the shield with your own emblem and really have an inspired by look. Even still, its the suit I'm chasing hardest.
  15. Volaron New Player

^ Exactly. /Clap
  16. Elusian Crowd Control

I couldnt remove my Lantern Ring (well, I could but who pays me 2k SC for that? ^^), so it could distract a bit:

[IMG]
    Noble Warrior

[IMG]
    Cybernetic

[IMG]
    Stalwart Defender

[IMG]
    Daring Vigilante

[IMG]
    Lethal Zealot

[IMG]
    Master Mercenary

There ya go =)
    • Like x 7
  17. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

Thanks for adding the female version, Stable. :)
    The Batgirl inspired head-piece looks a lot cooler on a female toon! :D

And as I wrote similar on our league-page before:
    Grats for all the pieces! [IMG]
    And it must have been some work to change all that styles and colours and to find the perfect spot for each pic, awesome work, both of you! [IMG]
  18. Anhur Committed Player

For the heroes, throw on the T2 House of El back/cape to the Stalwart Defender and voila!
  19. Yao Steve New Player

What's the style for that onehanded on the deathstroke set?
  20. Elusian Crowd Control

Chokuto