The most ABSURD things to happen to DCUO

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kreachure, Aug 6, 2022.

1. FoolsFire Devoted Player

I bring this up every so often. This is me wearing the Dresden 7 chest and legs. In the day this was the most sought after style for newbies.

[IMG]

The above was taken the day before the Hands of Fate DLC went live. This is what I looked like the day after...

[IMG]

What was once nice shiny metal was now crappy plastic. One of the devs said (paraphrasing), "Yeah, our bad." But to date it still hasn't been fixed. :(
  2. Eve YouTuber

I thought it was Mepps Interviewing Spytle until I went to watch the video lol
  3. Eve YouTuber

Well it kinda happen which is the lack of base items for content. As a base decorator and advocate for the base creators community, I am very sad that they stopped releasing them as drops for episodes, or as it seems like now, at all.
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

The god awful FP 'crafting' system for mods. Not an 'update' per-se but a change with the DLC.

That or with the new phase caps it's actually possible to have phase so full you can't phase to a group member. Granted it doesn't happen that much anymore...but when it does it's annoying as heck.

I didn't use it, but the VWD change a few years back seemed pretty loud. It did get me my first 200 as I leveled it to 141 the week before the 'fix', so I didn't mind it. But you know....the users of it, yeah...popular change.
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Ah...I misunderstood.

Nope...not giving any 'bad' ideas for fear they would read them. I'm sure someone else will provide terrible ideas.

Here's one I guess. Make membership mandatory. That way I'd finally have my excuse to be done.

EDIT: Just got to Proxy's shopping list post. Yeah....that'd do it.
  6. Tolly Committed Player

The "limited edition" choice for the Superman emblem on a game dealing with the DC Comics universe!!!
  7. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

There are a few of the games early styles that would benefit from a little rework. I'm not on right now and I always forget the names of styles but the Shaman top for female toons would be a great style piece if it took an emblem. The waist needs to be dropped just a little as it has an awkward crop and the sash could use a little lifted texture to make it look like a shoulder sash. Would be nice if we could get some sort of unifying base to all these pieces so we could mix and match everything better.

No secret I hated the stats revamp. Still do. I'm not unsatisfied with the way things worked out but it's still a very sloppy power. Invisibility sucks. I was so stuck on mental I never really got into how much I hated how Ice and Nature turned out post revamp. Resonating Gale was one of my favorite powers pre AM/WM and what it was changed to post stats revamp was just sad. I hated it so much I changed Smashgirls power and I've barely touched my Ice alt since those days. The decision to make shapechanging supercharged based took the fun out of the power.

The way I see things I'm just happy the game is up and running. With all the big changes happening at DC I'd just prefer we stay under the radar and not get axed along with everything else...

I still think this glitch exists. It's been so long I don't even think I remember how it sets up but If you use the Central City trinket while in Ice form when the transformations end your toon ends up with nothing on at all but panties and pasties.

There was also that really weird bug that had handblaster users doing a funny little twist for a week or so...