The Minotaur fight

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by RAbram, May 22, 2017.

1. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

You got to know your distances. He will only charge pets and has a certain ranged distance to whom he charges at. If your too far away then you won't be charged. Having 3 ppl at chain can work, but toon blocking can happen and can prevent him from touching the chain. 1 person is preferable so they can just sidestep and allow a clean charge.
  2. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

I would suggest a few more body lengths to see the skull on him, but if that works then good for you. Just don't be a tank that tanks him right at the bloody chain.
  3. The Batzombie Well-Known Player

And I run this everyday. We all group up ten to fifteen feet off the wall, bam he breaks the chain. Fight lasts all of a minute. You're loss not mine.
  4. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

Not the best idea to risk it. Have tank keep him towards the middle of room, like in that grey stipe is far enough for his proximity charge mechanic. Or if no tank make sure the aggro dps takes their place.

I literally had to make a prvocation consumable on a non tank power just to get him to follow me towards middle of room cause all these dumb***** went to the chain.
  5. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

I always stay in the middle because fsr tank or dps, i'm on top of that hate list aggro thing. -.- so ya'll get charge n imma stay here n tank.

Oh and i find it silly when the entire group is just right outside the trap phase then they get carried inside the trap n die, jesus people, the charge takes a couple of seconds enough for you to make him face the trap and is long enough for mino to reach inside.
  6. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

Not risky, just got to know your mechanics and distance factors. And it is intended for Minotaur not to charge if no one is far enough away. So why damage him for nothing?
  7. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

My loss that I know how this boss fight works? Wow didn't see that coming.
  8. BumblingB I got better.

Again it's too wide of a range and if someone moves while he's about to charge he can miss. It's safer to line him up but all methods work.

It's risky due to what I said above. But yours is legit so eh do your own way.

Also you can queue damage even when he's charging. So if you move in my pattern of a circle it's faster. I always start on his door and end on the other side of his door so less time.
  9. AberrantAngel Committed Player

The correct way is have the tank tank at the chains the other people stand at another set of chains, (not across from current tank chain). Done right it will only take 3 charges to clear the board. When next to tank he will break that chain if positioned right and his charge will break the other chain by the other 3 players.
  10. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

"people like you" Ha Ha...You don't know me

And I never said all 4 people have to or should bunch up at one chain...and in a later post I said we split and go to 2 chains

And still nope on the "always" goes to furthest person, I've seen him completely ignore somebody "furthest away" who was in the room but had to go afk and they hadn't touched the minotaur yet, so I guess they were not on his threat/hate table yet and when we split up and I am furthest away, yes he does charge me more often, but I have seen him target the closer group at times as well
    • Like x 1
  11. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

Please note that I said "furthest person in range" a definition of "proximity".
  12. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

Here is a simple 3 step plan than wins every time as evidence by step 3

Step 1) Collect Underpants
    Step 2) ?????????
    Step 3) Reward Box

Any questions?
  13. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

The people I run this with always object when I try to collect their underpants :(
    :D
    • Like x 1
  14. SasquaT Dedicated Player

Step one follow me then GJ.
    Can i solo it hmmm yes :)
  15. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

Please note that the OP which my original "nope" was directed to did not make a specification of "in range" and also note that in some of the cases from my above post I was hitting the minotaur, so I would think I would have been "in range" but I was not targeted even though I was furthest away...

Granted, I have not sat down w/ Mr. Minotaur and discussed his lair rules, or personal space issues, and am just stating what i have seen
    • Like x 1
  16. RAbram Level 30

Another strategy I have seen work is tank keeps him in the Middle, DSP behind the tank, controller and healer behind the DPS. All in a line aimed at the chain you want to break.
  17. ChillCat Loyal Player

LOL....at the number of response that say "this is the 'correct' way to do it". There are multiple positions to pull this off that works just fine (i.e. hit all chains on every charge). Use what works best for you and the group composition you have.

I always run this as a Tank because I can almost completely control the Minotaur's positioning. I literally walk the Mino over to a point on the outer ring near an unbroken chain and have him face me away from the chain. If the other 3 players are lower cr dps, they can group at the chain and range attack without fear of getting hit in his melee cone because he's facing away from them. If all 3 players are grouped at the chain, it's a guaranteed charge location. After the charge, I just walk along the ring to the next chain that needs breaking and the rest of the players follow.

Never had a problem with that strategy. Works like clockwork. Never assume those only ever one right way to do things.
    • Like x 1
  18. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

I need send you a cookie. Because it's Super Great that this guy gets it!
    • Like x 1
  19. ChillCat Loyal Player

[IMG]
  20. Shelly Active Player

Crimson you are correct :)
    • Like x 1