The Mechanics of Unholy Matrimony.

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Kreachure, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Kreachure Committed Player

Haven't watched Select Few's stream but this is how I beat it. If I missed anything please feel free to add on.

Boss 1:
    Split the titans away from The avatar with 2 tanks or if you wanna do 1 tank tank them all together. Cyborg is easy. When you see him kneel and go into his ball, lunge him.
    The other titans are easy to hold except starfire who drops aggro for a sec to fly towards someone.
    You can dodge Superboy's laser or probably lunge him (haven't tried that 'cause only got him once and he died really fast).
    Wondergirl has a golden AOE burst on the ground that you can just walk out of before it goes off & the avatar has a red bubbly AOE that he puts in 2 spots that you can just roll out of as well. Standing in it causes heavy Damage over time.

Boss 2:
    I found it easiest with 2 tanks 2 heals 1 troll 3 dps because of the way the second half of this fight works (if 2 DPS get powers taken it's not a big deal but I'll explain that in a minute.) 1 tank tanks a brother by raven and the other tank tanks Brother Blood across the room. Have a healer stay near the Brother Blood tank and the other healer with the rest of the group. After about 20-30 seconds of burning a Brother by raven she teleports him and you can move onto the next one. Don't stand in the red AOE thing that pops out of the ground. It's what makes adds spawn. If you get too many adds just have a dps grab a totem and hit their first ability to 1 shot all the adds. The DPS will die, pick them up and continue.
    After all the brothers are gone you burn Brother Blood. He'll randomly pick what I believe is 1 of every role and take away their powers. If you activate a totem you get your powers back but there's only 1 totem at a time.
    So you need to communicate and figure out who's the most important to go first. DPS always last.
    Since we had 2 tanks 2 healers 1 troll we let the tank get their powers back first then the troll then healer, but if for some reason 2 healers get their powers taken then let 1 go first then repeat the cycle.
    When you see Brother Bloods shield (Looks like Medic's from FOS3) Don't attack. It's like a reflect that damages the entire group even if 1 person attacks. If he's shooting a blood beam at people, lunge him.
    This fight goes really smooth when you understand all these mechanics.

Boss 3. Trigon.
    We tried a couple different methods. Trigon being tanked where he spawns seems to work pretty well that way the tank(s) can grab the adds that spawn right there. You can also have a tank tank him at one corner of the room while a tank takes the adds to the other side.
    When the Hell's Hatred spawns burn it ASAP or you may lose your tank. You can't breakout of Trigon's pull so block it out then roll away when you get the chance.
    When Raven is corrupted just have everyone pay attention to the pentagrams that come up on the floor. Just stand on them for a few seconds and once you hit them all Raven will go back to normal.
    Make sure everyone is spread out during this fight. There's a mechanic where Trigon puts something on someone and it damages your teammates nearby. Haven't quite figured it out yet.

The mechanics aren't that hard. Took 1 run and about 1-2 wipes on each boss to figure it out.
    This raid definitely requires good communication or else don't expect to finish it. PUG groups will probably still have a really tough time.

Hope this helps.

P.S. I feel like I missed something with the Trigon fight, it'll probably come back to me. But if I did and someone else knows what it was please post it.
    • Like x 11
  2. darkscarletx Loyal Player

The raid's mechanics are really well thought. I understand why it can be hard. Thank you for these helpful tips. I'll tell my group if people don't know the mechanics yet when I run it.
    And good luck for all who try to complete this raid. We will need it. lol Especially with trigon. I'm glad we get hard raids like that. Will be fun.
    • Like x 1
  3. Derio 15000 Post Club

A player cannot grab 2 pentagrams one after another or that player will die.
    • Like x 3
  4. Kreachure Committed Player

Knew I forgot something.
    • Like x 1
  5. Locarthemanbeast Committed Player

Check out this thread.

People are talking here the more they find out.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...unholy-matrimony-raid-feedback-thread.261346/