The 'life drain' situation, and new ideas for a DPS Celestial SC?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by TheLQ-DCUO, Apr 15, 2018.

1. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Celestial's Life Drain SC.

Since day I don't know if anyone has ever used this SC in a successful load out for DPS (or indeed for heal, but more so for DPS).

I can't help but feel something needs to change here.

Either:

Buff Life Drain to a 10000 SC and make it on par with other similar SC cost hard hitting SCs from other powers.

Or:

Get rid of Life Drain altogether and replace with a powerful alternative SC, likely a Cursed animation going with the similar theme.

For the latter there could be various possibilities:

Ray from the Heavens: An almighty divine ray surrounds the target/s, dealing heavy damage and an AoE for a period of time. (This could also be an idea for a future orbital strike skin however)

Diabolic Inferno: The user summons a large skull construct and aims it at the target. Upon hitting the target the skull construct explodes into a dark flame inferno that does damage over time to (and stuns) the target and any nearby targets.

Vortex of Darkness: The user summons a large tornado of dark energy around the target, and may draw in nearby enemies as well. This stuns and does damage over time.

Ritual of Divine and Evil: The user draws in energy from light and darkness, boosting their might damage for a limited time. (One hand will have a list golden energy, the other hand engulfed in dark flames)
  2. °RAGEZ° Active Player

First off, cool SC Ideas and awesome names :) However, the only real possible thing i could imagine devs doing is the 10k SC because its easy and cheap. Creating a new SC needs - if even - more resources, and something that does not generate those but eating them isnt interesting for a company nowadays, im afraid. For my own i would really like powerspecific (small) advantages, but only in support roles. For example: Give munitions an AoE defense-debuff with 5Barrel in Troller, thats all. But that will never happen:rolleyes:
  3. L T Devoted Player

Both of Celestial's Supercharges are quite weak. I pointed this out in another thread. Judging from the response, nobody cares.
  4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Or just given up on trying to ask for changes
    • Like x 2
  5. L T Devoted Player

Or that, yeah.
  6. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Lmao....oh you guys!
  7. Mazahs Loyal Player

ballistic Assualt is laughing at you right now.
    Many other changes needed first, but lets work on a non broken power and stupid charge first right?..

Oh OK
  8. Tilz Loyal Player

Celestial ones are worse.
  9. E Clip Dedicated Player

Wait, Celestial has a dps SC?
    • Like x 1