The Legendary Stealth Leagues of Old Gotham

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by MojoDuul, Jul 9, 2021.

1. MojoDuul Active Player

once upon a time many years ago when pvp phase was still active and pvp was playable there arose leagues that would change Gotham completely. It starts with a Villain named Lady Triboulet an infamous player and one of the most hated players in the game. Heros despised her as she would sign into the game simply to troll them using stealth. She role played as a Harley Quinn type character clown theme and all. The league she would create would be called the "Laughing Stalkers" and would go on to be the most despised league in the game. Any old players from PC who spent time in gotham would know of this league. Their main rivals were a league called "DEADLAST" and a player named "Godicus". They were underdogs in Gotham, usually outnumbered and out geared by the heros they faced they still managed to get the best of them.
    Lady Triboulet would troll heros on her own in east end gotham hitting them with grenades or planting mines on them then disappearing before they could attack her. She was on her own at first until one day she met a player named MadCapHatter and this would change the league and game as Lady and MadCap would become a devilish duo that would haunt Gotham and change the way the heros played the game from then on. Lady was not a very skilled player at pvp and would mainly play hide and seek with the heros while MadCap was a good pvp player and would be able to hold her own against some of the best players in the game. It was a dangerous combination of wit and skill that would cause the heros to respec their characters simply to take them on. These two would recruit more villians to their league but their league had specific conditions in order to join, you had to have a clown style, and you had to have stealth. this narrowed the powers down to only three, the only three in the game that had stealth, Gadgets, Mental and Nature. There were about seven main Players in the league. The Crazy Lady Triboulet, MadcapHatter, LosGrenados, Kemokill, Kat, GeneralGiggles, and GoblinBrat. I joined This league myself after watching their infamy rise and it was one of the most fun leagues I have ever been in. There were more players in the league but i can not remember the rest.
    Everyone in the league had T1 pvp gear since they were all fairly new players. Because of this the majority of the time they fought heros they were not strong enough and did not have enough people to take them on directly so they had to develop strategies to defeat them. seven T1 Villains can only do so much to 20 T4 Heros. They would implement divide and conquer strategies where they would lure different heros away from their group in order to kill them off a few at a time. so instead of taking on 20 heros they would lure 2 or 3 away from the group. since everyone had stealth they would then ambush the lured heros and destroy them. One strategy was to have the gadget players all plant a bunch of mines in a single area, one player would then go and harass the heros. the heros thinking there was only one of them would give chase and the Laughing Stalker member would lure Them to where the mines were planted. The trap was set. When the heros arrived they would run into the mines taking massive damage then 5 or so Stalkers would unstealth and finish them off only to restealth before hero reinforcements would arrive. They would plant mines on the Heros they knocked out so that they could not be revived by other heros. If the Heros saw the mines and refuse to get to close the players would use taser pull to pull them into the mines and then ambush them.
    They would regularly plant mines at the PD and fighting them was a massive pain. I know because I first met them on my hero. you would leave the PD and see mines planted around it and think there was maybe one stealth player around. you would then try and find that one stealth player and when you did find one you would attack him only to have 4 more stealth players unstealth and gank you. When you managed to bring the health down of one of them that one would manage to stealth and get away while another one would unstealth and take his place. you constantly had different laughing stalkers appearing and disappearing as you were trying to take them on but you could never kill any of them. anytime there health got low they would manage to get away with the help of their league. you would try to finish one off only to have another one taser pull you away from them as the other stealthed and made a run for it. This was very skillfully done on their part and earned them the hate they would receive. The fact that you could never kill any of them is what made people angrier than anything. imagine being a T4 trying to kill a T1 and never being able to get the kill meanwhile you keep getting knocked out over and over again. They would taunt the players they killed with "point" and "laugh" emotes.
    They would offer a type of bodyguard service to villains' who needed protection from heros. if a villain was being attacked by heros they would follow that villain around in stealth using them as bait for heros. sometimes even planting mines on the villain so if a hero attacked they would get hit by the mines. a hero would see the vill think they were alone and attack only to get ganked by 5 Stalkers. They used stealth to its maximum effectiveness even winning arenas with stealth on their way to getter better pvp gear. They would plant mines all around arkham asylum slowing down movement of enemy players, plant mines on nodes and even staying stealthed for an entire match so the opposing team would think the game glitched only to attack the opposing teams weakest member at the last second before the match ended and winning it. This league was so despised by heros that heros started speccing into x-ray vision just to improve their chances of detecting stealth players. at this time one could spec into stealth to make your stealth better and they had the best stealth players. Heros would patrol Gotham searching for the Stalkers trying to get revenge on them. as a hero you could not let your gaurd down because you never knew if one of them was lurking in the shadows ready to strike.
    They understood stealth better than anyone else in the game. unfortunately the fact that you had to be a clown and only three powers had stealth meant that recruiting was difficult for the league. This would lead to a breakup of the league as MadCap and Lady disagreed on the path the league should take. MadCap wanted to get rid of the requirement that players had to be clowns since many did not wish to join the league simply for that reason, MadCap being a competitive PvP player did not see eye to eye with Lady who was a Dcuo Troll. Lady wanted a league of trolls to annoy heros with and grow her infamous reputation while madcap wanted to make changes so they could recruit more players and be a greater threat to the heros. Because of this MadCap would go on to Create a new league, although it gained more players than the laughing stalkers it would never gain the same level of fame and infamy. This league would be called "SectionNine"
    MadCap created a new stealth league called SectionNine and many of the laughing stalkers would join her, this would create a rift between her and Lady. SectionNine would go on to become stronger and Larger than the Laughing Stalkers had been. Most of the members would end up with full T4 gear and many were skilled enough to take on some of the strongest players on hero side 1v1. They stuck with the stealth theme only inviting players who could stealth but dropped the style requirements. They managed to recruit more players and because of this they had a good number of nature players and since dog form has stealth they would wreak havoc on heros. you would be minding your own business hanging out with friends only to see a hero run by being chased by a pack of 8 dogs. The dog pack SectionNine had must have been one of the funniest moments i experienced in DCUO. SectionNine was not limited to Gotham Either they would go to Metro also and take on lil boh. The metro heros were not familiar with their tactics and fell for the ambushes and traps they set every time. The heros who had been in gotham and dealt with the stalkers would try to warn other heros not to engage but it was no use. like moths to a flame they would get eaten up by SectionNine one after another. Eventually MadCap and Lady would patch things up and SectionNine would be absorbed back into the Laughing Stalkers unfortunately this was around the time the devs introduced weapon mastery and the majority of pvp players stopped playing the game. PvP open world became a ghost town in a matter of months and the game has never recovered from it.
    • Like x 1
  2. FoolsFire Devoted Player

3. MojoDuul Active Player

Was going to do a Part to for what happened on playstation after but I will just keep a long story short. PC died after weapon mastery was introduced so I went out and bought a playstation 3 just to play dcuo. I Tried to create my own stealth league but it did not work out. Eventually DCUO combined playstation and PC, when this happened I ended up running into Lady Triboulet and MadCapHatter once again. They were attempting to rebuild the laughing stalkers. we managed to recruit a few people like ninja, swan. general giggles even came back. Unfortunately the league split up again over Ladies leadership style MadCap and I went on to create a New league with many of the LS members and called it Ninjato but with a dying pvp phase there was little for us to do. We got up to plenty of trouble and raided the PD a few times but it was never what it use to be. advanced mechanics was introduced all sorts of spammy nonsense and the devs realized what a horrible mistake it was and got rid of it all. Now pvp phase is dead and there is no reason to play the game anymore. I will occasionally play legends but that is about it. Even legends is broken but at least there are no tanks or spammers.
  4. MojoDuul Active Player

We also would surround AFK members with mines and trap them in a mine cage since mines lasted longer before they blew up back then. also would create mine stairs to get on top of building without heros seeing us. we bought consumables to use while in stealth like dampening fields, toxic modules and whatever would work. even had a lady triboulet double with same style and everything only with an i instead of an L so heros would not know who the real lady was and could not target her. I was MIdnIghtCrow back then and no i have no idea who celest crow is and it is not me.
  5. MojoDuul Active Player

There is not footage of them in action during the golden age of dcuo but there is footage of them at work after the devs broke pvp. The OG stalkers are not even in these videos.

6. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Couldn’t get thru the wall of text, but be careful not to get flagged for blacklisting (typing anothers ign in a negative manner)
  7. GeneralGiggles New Player

Stumbling upon this post after my shift at work. Coincidentally I had been conversing with my coworker of video games we were both in to and what we used to play. DC Universe came up, and I talked about my memories of an old faction i used to run with online, stories of villains wearing clown attire roaming the streets of Gotham. All this during a time of consistent pvp among players, attacking PD's and defending our Night Clubs.

Reading your post, especially after reminiscing, has brought me so many feelings of nostalgia and joy. For a long time I thought about the virtual friends I had made during my time with Laughing Stalkers/Section Nine/Ninjato/ etc etc. Never before in an online game had I formed so many meaningful relationships/memories with so many different people. Now at the age of 23, no matter how superficial it may be to others, everything I had experienced while playing with you all has stuck with me all these years.

Names I remember specifically, MadCapHatter, Bad Intentions, LeReineTriboulet, GoblinBrat, FearDaNara, BUU2014, and even you MidnightCrow

Thank you so much for posting this memoir of the Laughing Stalkers and it's related factions and members. Joining up with them had provided me with some of my most cherished memories of gaming in high school and I'm happy to see that there are old members like you that have still held onto those moments as well. And for anyone else from that circle that may stumble on this, I hope you are all doing well and have been safe and okay throughout this past crazy year. Sending my best to all of you.

-GeneralGiggles
  8. MojoDuul Active Player

almost flipped when i saw this. i was never one of the main members in the league but i remember you. I saw the name gen giggles and i was like WTF!!
    i forgot about bad intentions and fear, ya they were around also, even remember a guy called something bullet, shroud and manik, good times. good to hear all is good. i have not heard from anyone from these leagues in a very long time so it is good to hear from you.
  9. FrankZappa Well-Known Player

oh hell no not this league. these guys were the biggest trolls in the game. all they would do is stealth gank people in gotham all day. you couldn't leave the PD without getting ganked by a bunch of ghosts. They would make heroes rage in versus chat all day long. they would cheat, troll, hustle and gank and everything that would make you hate them. they earned all the hate they got. in my opinion leagues like them are part of the reason stealth got nerfed and the devs do not let new players start in pvp phase anymore. they broke the game. i will say this in response to gen giggles, they were a tight band of thieves, a close group of gankers. I hated lady trib she would just run anytime you tried to fight her and madcap was like her personal bodyguard.
  10. MadCapHatter New Player

I completely forgot your name was crow back in the day. I was like wait who the hell is midnightcrow?