The King of the Monsters is Back

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by aurorabenz07, Dec 10, 2015.

1. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Oh the feels, I still remember watching the classic Godzilla movies with my brother during MonsterVision with Joe Bob Briggs. Well, word just dropped, Toho Studios will bring the King of the monsters to life once again with the release of Godzilla: Resurgence. Toho has debuted the first teaser trailer for the film along with a poster, offering a glimpse at the design of the big fella himself, both of which you can check out below.

Production on the 29th Godzilla movie, the first from Toho since 2004’s Godzilla: Final Wars, took place over the summer with filmmakers Hideaki Anno and Shinji Higuchi, known for their work on “Neon Genesis Evangelion” and the live-action Attack on Titan, co-directing the feature. Anno also wrote the screenplay for the film while Higuchi oversaw the special effects.

Toho previously revealed they will utilize CG technology for the film with Higuchi calling it the “most terrifying” version of Godzilla. The co-director also previously said the filmmakers were going to push the film into a different direction from the happier installments, citing that the world has lost its innocence after the various terrorist attacks and natural disasters over the past few years.

[IMG]

• Like x 2
  2. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

Hopefully it's not a disappointment like the Cranston one
  3. Zusheqiel Active Player

they need to do a godzila vs clover field monster. I doubt but I think I heard that a godzila vs king kong was in the works.
    • Like x 1
  4. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

The last zilla was like clover, hardly seen him LoL
  5. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

LOL. Well, Toho Studios rightly responded on what they thought on the 1998 Godzilla aka now known as Zilla. Let's just say in Godzilla Final Wars, Zilla got rekt. :D

• Like x 1
  6. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

An interesting idea. It's been brought up before by fans but I think Godzilla would own the Cloverfield monster

As for King Kong, you are on the money. The studio is planning on having the 2 monster duke it out depending on how the new film Kong: Skull Island does
    [IMG]
  7. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

Was referring to the Cranston one,
    Hasn't.
  8. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Just wanted to bump the thread because by Santa Claus's beard :eek: I was flipping channels while eating breakfast and came upon something I have not seen since I was young...a Godzilla Marathon all day (while not on TNT but a new channel)
    • Like x 1
  9. Malachyte Devoted Player

When I saw this title I thought you had meet my Mother-in-Law....
  10. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i LOVE godzilla.

one of my interesting little slice of life anecdotes is way back when the Mathew broderick version was being filmed (was it 97?98?) i was working near madison square garden. i used to love waling home down 8th avenue. The strip from 34th street down to 14th is home to some of the coolest cafes, bars and stores you can imagine. Such a cool atmosphere. One day on my way home from work they were filming the movie and needed a lot of extras to rush down 34th street...and who was one of those terrified bodies fleeing in terror from Zilla's baby spawn?...

you have to love living in new york city!
  11. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Well here is the trailer for the new Toho Godzilla coming out in Japan
    [IMG]
  12. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

U r slow, it was out a few days ago :p
  13. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Then why didn't you post it for us to see o_O
  14. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Some one did, it showed Zilla simply standing around doing nothing while the army attacked it
    • Like x 1
  15. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

I believe I did , in "last one to post" :p
  16. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

I suddenly remember the time I tried to watch some of the older films and Oh My Godzilla, it's just people standing around more than half the time. They aren't anything like how I remember them.
  17. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Just a bump because the trailer for the upcoming King Kong looks interesting and if the rumors are true, we're just three years away for the monsters to duke it once again

18. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    Just reviving this thread with the recent scoop on the upcoming release of GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS that will star Vera Farmiga, Millie Bobby Brown, Kyle Chandler, Ken Watanbe, and Sally Hawkins
    [IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]

But after watching Godzilla Resurgence, I really hope they take some inspiration and give us his theme :mad:
  19. Helderman Dedicated Player

Netflix's part 2 of the Godzilla anime is coming out July 18
  20. Controller Devoted Player

Loved the 2015 Godzilla movie - thought it was well-done.

If they do another one they need to reprise perhaps my FAVORITE Godzilla movie

PLEASE bring back Godzilla vs Megalon and include Jet Jaguar. JJ is simply the coolest robot out there.

How can you top a robot that can grow in size AND a fight vs a giant cockroach (Megalon) and whatever Gigan was?

Best Godzilla movie EVER, imo.
    • Like x 2