The Go Go Gadget Guide to Everything Gadgets

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by TheDark, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CS2016 Committed Player

my stealth armory is as followed:

reg loadout is:

fear gas, cryo foam, gauss, emp stealth, distract

in stealth its:

battle display, gauss, bunker buster

thats all I have in stealth. If I go to a different armory it puts 3 more powers in there even if I imprint that above.
  2. CS2016 Committed Player

not to spam this thread or nothing :(

but saw a guy using stealth today in BN and he used vortex 1st not sure what the other 2 powers were didnt get a good enough look at what he was doing lol.

But he was 3cr lower then me and ended up 3mil ahead due to using stealth LO over the 1234.
  3. TheDark Devoted Player

I'm not sure what's going on. I just make sure I fill out all 6 slots in my stealth loadout and normal dps loadout. Then I imprint them and they save.

Using EMP III with Stealth does register more & immediate burst damage on NPCs which then is transferred over to the scorecard. If you're getting to adds faster than the rest of the group, making sure you're buffed, and you're attacking atleast 2 targets, you should be netting pretty good numbers.

The loadout & rotation themselves don't guarantee you'll do well totaling numbers on the board. There's something else players have to do and that's literally chase numbers by getting to the NPCs quickly.

I use EMP III in BN and there are definitely disadvantages using it against something like a Mental player or another Gadget player.
  4. CS2016 Committed Player

yea I think the only thing thats pushing me away from stealth sadly is if you are KO' stealth remains on cooldown. Which thats dmg lost for however long its on cooldown for.

And if you are the main or only DPS then that hurts the group. But been practicing or trying to when Im with my league mates. rather its in alerts or raids.

would it be worth dropping distract in a 1234 rotation and using bunker buster? or would that be to much of a dmg loss? trying to find a good setup / a happy medium for a 1234 rotation with gadgets that could possibly compete with the stealth loadout and the top powers.
  5. Real2TM Well-Known Player

If you have a spare armory I have EMP III loadout and a reg loadout. I run with emp III most of the time and if I get ko'd or stunned (think elite guard in pze or turret in BD) I can switch to my other armory IF stealth has 45% or more left to cool down. Survivability is key but just keep trying the EMP III and you will get used to it. Darkman helped me out with it at first and I see a huge difference in my output compared to no stealth.

Also while im here what would be a good range loadout for Survival Mode? Have been able to get away with some mid range EMP II stuff but it's a little too close for my comfort in sm. Only done upto rnd3 on dps. Did upto rnd 10 on my healer and what I saw from some close dps's wants me to be prepared.
  6. TheDark Devoted Player

You just have to find ways to stall. It's also not like it's always going to be a 30 second wait time to get to Stealth. Sometimes you drop Battle Display for reasons and Stealth will be on different positions on the cool down timer. Sometimes I get lucky and I only have to wait 10 seconds. Unless you go into stealth while your in a mob of NPCs. Sometimes their damage, especially DoTs, will immediately knock you out of Stealth so you don't get a chance to hit Battle Display.

Sometimes I just pop distract to absorb hits, then I go into Stealth, then Battle Display, then hit an offensive power, then out of stealth into EMP. You could also do Distract EMP Stealth but you have to spam Battle Display to make sure you hit it then the previous EMP will make you come out of stealth and hit EMP. Most of the time I back up a bit to go into Stealth, get Battle Display and continue so I don't have to waste a Distract EMP hit. I don't think it's difficult but it's something a player has to get practice in. That's being really aggressive.

You'd lose alot of damage. While 1234 is going on, if you used Distract with EMP at melee every 20 seconds you would do 448 damage at base. If you did 1234 with Bunker Buster, which would be available at what? every minute I think is how long it takes to build a supercharge using the AM & not the weapon? You would do 266 damage at base. I haven't rechecked Bunker's base numbers in a long time but I don't it's changed dramatically. Even so, just the time it takes to get one reduces total damage out in a rotation if you took out Distract.

I played around with 3PIs into EMP and Stealth into EMP with Bunker Buster in a 2 dps 1 troll 1 heal run in Phantom Zone Elite a week or 2 ago. Battle Display stayed in my normal tray loadout. I did well but it wasn't exactly the ideal run to test it with scorecard netting. I ran tunso test with 3PIs into EMP and Stealth into EMP but I don't think I tested one with Buster Buster and Battle Display in my DPS tray. I'd have to check my notebook.
  7. TheDark Devoted Player

You can midrange/melee (by melee I mean definitely 7 meters) nearly all of the bosses in SM except for Superman and Non due to their 360 degree AoE hits. For those I stayed max far range.

I used Gauss, Cfoam, Stasis Field, Battle Display, EMP, Distract. We kept the bosses separate so Stasis Field was good for single target. Plus SF and CFoam Dot would keep going if I had to revive or move. I didn't have PDart III in my 4 armory choices but that would've worked too. PDart III is the same as EMP III with Stealth (Bunker Buster & Battle Display in Stealth tray) but you're just taking out EMP and putting in PDart.

I only ran rd9 once and used PDart II with Battle Display just to keep it safe since I forgot what else Superman did but you can definitely use PDart III.

EMP III is used on krypto and below you can use it on Doomsday too it's just risky. Sometimes I kept going out of range just because we forgot what Doomsday does.
  8. Real2TM Well-Known Player

Perfect! Thanks for the video reference too since that helps alot. I think i'll go the PDart II way just to not worry too much about my cooldowns and be free for pick ups.
    • Like x 1
  9. TheDark Devoted Player

An update to the Affinity Type D mod for Controller's after I was asked more info about it.

Edit***
    There have been issues where some members who are knocked out then revived, or are out of line of sigh, are not able to receive PoT from any of your powers while wearing affinity mod. They just have to wait until the 19 second PoT cycle refreshes. It won't always be 20 seconds for the wait. It will vary depending on where your PoT timer is. So it can be anywhere from 4 to 20 seconds. To overcome this, have power supercharges, supply drops, or Vit trinket buffed Instant Power heals ready. Especially for healers.

For instances where players are dying often, you can remove one elite affinity piece for a normal piece of Controller gear. Then just put in your PoT power (Sticky or Taser). If you carry your PoT power while wearing the affinity Type D mod, the mod registers your PoT power as part of the affinity bonus. So even if you throw PoT from Sticky Bomb, the player you just revived, or walked into line of sight, won't get PoT until the cycle restarts.
  10. deathbygadgets New Player

Will anyone share their (op loadout) for gadgets dps
  11. TheDark Devoted Player

Can you use EMP III? Or are you used to using 2 EMP set ups?
  12. deathbygadgets New Player

I use 2 emp setup haven't use emp III yet
  13. TheDark Devoted Player

There are 2 loadouts I use for EMP II.
    1st is Gauss, Napalm, Vortex, EMP, Distract, Battle Display
    That's just all burst and it's good on both single and multi-target. The only thing that isn't getting the 50% Pi buff is Gauss, but if there's an ice player around they'll buff it through their Pis.

The second one I came up with and use more often is Vortex, Gauss, Fear Gas, EMP, Distract, Battle Display.
    That too is good on multi-target and single target. A few pages back I reported what I found when I looked at FG again. Turns out the explosive damage from it deals more damage than explosive from something like Foam. So that'll boosts its numbers.

Just a quick note, GU36 establishes standard durations for every power in the game (every single set up has a timing). If you are on a keyboard, there's a way to consistently get FG down to practically no animation time if you perform the jump in reverse right. You basically reduce your EMP set up time by nearly a second. You can do it on PS too but not that noticeable of speed due to the controller. You'll almost always see your toons hands connect. If you're interested in more you'll have to PM me.

The loadouts above you can use as is. Obviously, you'll have to use tools outside the powerset to cheese your way to faster speeds. On my Youtube page there are video of me showing 2 of those tools which happen to be ancient tricks from 2012 (before the AM). They work better for EMP III.

I recommend you play with EMP III more if you want to do more damage though. I have a video on my YouTube showing how you can use it on hallways. You can always start just using it on bosses.
    • Like x 1
  14. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

I guess that applies to Gadgets too. So much for having options. Back to regular old 1234 then...
  15. TheDark Devoted Player

So if I lunge in during 123 lunge then 4, I lose the AM buffed EMP? It would have to be lunge then 1234?
    If so, that slightly changes how I will have to move around in hallways with EMP III. I'd just have to lunge in before hand. Is that what they're doing?
  16. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Yes. Any weapon attack will immediately break the AM and remove the grace period from what I understand. No more clipped counters and no more lunge movement. And of course no more oldschool clipping of weapon attacks for damage but I guess I'm the only one who did that anyway.
  17. Warlock Well-Known Player

Does the PI Controller section of the guide apply anymore? I think most DPS damage is buffed based on AM, and PI isn't factored in once AM is used. Are there exceptions (like Quantum's destabilized, but only Quantum can apply that one)?
  18. TheDark Devoted Player

It still applies but the benefit some AM's will get from it will be minimal depending on how each AM works.

For example, Mental sets up its PI automatically for the burst abilities used in the 3PI set up once resonance is up. So all their burst abilities receive the 50% Pi buff. It wouldn't make a difference if a Mental or Gadget user was casting PIs for them. Also, Mass Terror & Mass Lev don't benefit from the normal 50% Pi buff while the AM is up.

With Gadgets, we still have to set up a PI to buff our burst abilities in the 3PI set up (that does not include EMP & PDart which, like Mental's MT & ML, do not get the 50% benefit unless they're used without the AM. It's more for like Weapon Mastery builds). So Frostbite from Foam for Gauss would give that Gadget player a 50% boost for Gauss.

Damage coming from the burst abilities registers better on the card but overall it's a small boost compared to where most of your damage is coming from (80% from EMP/PDart). For OCD reasons, you would want to properly buff those burst powers. You can avoid it if you bypass animations though as usual.

I don't know how Quantum utilizes its PIs within the AM.
  19. Ilusyon New Player

I ran with another Gadgets guy at BBS, same stats as me. He is using One handed > Solar Flame mastery before he pops Battle Display and then distract and so on. is there a buff benefited from it?
  20. HarleyBiker142 Well-Known Player

Well my Next toon will be Gadgets...Going to play around with this one...Giving it low skill points...Im thinking about keeping 50sp on it for t7 content and bring it up 25sp and test it a little more then 25sp and so on. Then again I might just give him 220 sp.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.