The Go Go Gadget Guide to Everything Gadgets

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by TheDark, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

I'm calling gadgets mine from now on. MINE mwa-ha ha
    • Like x 2
  2. Veritech Loyal Player

C'mon guys lets not get all elite &competent on each other.
    • Like x 2
  3. TheDark Devoted Player

So anyway, I also checked on Test Server for PI consumables like Electro Static Pulse Device and the AM. On live you can use it to set burning up for FG and so you get registered for a buffed EMP. On test server, you can't do that anymore. It's strictly from our powers. I'm actually curious it also applies to other powersets applying PI's. Although it's not really practical, I'm curious of the functional changes. Just a heads up. It's another non apokoliptic alteration.
  4. TheDark Devoted Player

I updated most of the Q&A on the second page that's related to the AM. I still have to add a couple things. That includes the PI consumable results above, the fact that encasements will not prevent your PI tagging anymore since you don't have to hit a target, and the explanation as to why GG>CFoam>FG wont work for FG tagging if FG is placed 3rd in the rotation. In short, it's because GG into CFoam also sets up burning along with frostbite. The same burning FG needs to work.

The encasement thing should favor Controllers who like to use them. The downside of possibly sending the targets rolling away still exist though. In the event that the target does not roll away, or happens to roll towards you, you damage will hit for full AM damage. EMP & PDart hit targets inside encasements.

Unless there's another change in the next test server notes, I should have everything ready by the day the hotfix goes live. The only major thing Tunso has to fix is battle display working from Stealth.
    • Like x 4
  5. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Sounds like Gadgets will have more flexability now with the AM. That is awesome news.
    • Like x 1
  6. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

I saw this video just now is this a ideal loadout for DPSing?

7. TheDark Devoted Player

It's very similar to what I use and spoke about in the Gadget test server thread. I use Stealth, Distract and the 3PI buff for my EMPs. However, I do not use Sticky Bomb because Sticky Bomb produces slightly less damage than using Fear Gas on adds. The guy in the video is probably under the assumption that Sticky Bomb still nets 3 targets worth of damage which it doesn't.

My loadout is Gauss, Fear Gas, CryFoam, Distract, EMP, Stealth. In Stealth I use Battle Display, CFoam, Bunker Buster, the rest are whatever.

I do not ever use EMP from Stealth because using powers from Stealth make them lose their modifier. Previous to yesterday, it still works that way on test server.

If I use EMP, I do 3PI into EMP, or Distract into EMP, then I hit Stealth.

In Stealth I either hit Bunker Buster if available, hit CryoFoam, or I don't hit anything.

That's because as you use Distract or 3PI into EMP, EMP has a second delay on damage registration. Meaning that there is a window where I can use anything, or nothing, in Stealth. EMP from my Distract or 3PI use will hit its damage and bring me out of Stealth. From there I can hit EMP again from my normal tray once it's off cool down and benefit from a damage modifier. It plays out smooth once the rotation is going.

Obviously Battle Display is used from Stealth and it's easier now to keep it up because of the 2 second window from Pi to PI, the 3 second window from your 3rd to EMP or PDart hit, and you can just keep spamming powers as you make your way to the next group of adds in a hallway or boss fight. That's because we don't need to hit a target anymore to register damage. Players just need to understand how to be mobile while jumping in animation, lunging, or quick movement into power to maneuver.

What's used in Stealth doesn't really matter, except for Battle Display. Bunker Buster (i haven't updated its base numbers) will deal the damage of something close to a PDart's far Range bracket with a modifier. I also use BB or CFoam, or nothing because if I use PDart or EMP from within Stealth, I will have already registered a tag and I wont be able to use EMP immediately once I come out of Stealth. So i hit BB, CFoam, or nothing while in rotation so that I use a completely buffed EMP.

I had a video of my loadout & rotation, also how the AM works, but I decided not to post it since the new fixes are coming soon.
    For the video, just replace Sticky Bomb with Fear Gas and use EMP right after you transition out of Stealth to get its full benefits.
    • Like x 3
  8. Philosophicles Well-Known Player

Best guess on when the test will go functionally live?
  9. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

10. LexxCorp Well-Known Player

@TheDark - do you still jump cancel when you use fear gas when you clip it to cryo foam?
  11. TheDark Devoted Player

Yes I still jump cancel it.

However, because of the extended window period (atleast 2 seconds) we have from 1 PI to the next, you do not need to. You could stand there and channel until it ends. You'll still deal AM damage.
  12. TheDark Devoted Player

I decided to add individual videos talking about each power on the first page. So far I've done the first 4. It's just me talking about what the abilities do and how they work in both roles. At some point I'll do one on the AM post hotfix and a video on PI damage and controlling. these videos won't be just one load out and rotation that's showed off, unless it literally says it's my rotation, but rather showing how it all functions together.
    • Like x 2
  13. TheDark Devoted Player

Hopefully the Gadget changes are released along with Episode 19 on Wednesday.

I've finished the videos for all the powers in the Devices tree. If the gadgets adjustments are released this week I'll make a video on my damage rotation. Otherwise the Tactics tree is next. Either way I may not finish Tactics powers until next week.
    • Like x 1
  14. TheDark Devoted Player

15. iiCoNx Active Player

Question does emp clip with stealth still bring you out of stealth and if it does is there enough time to hit emp from stealth like sticky sometimes
  16. TheDark Devoted Player

Going EMP then clipping with Stealth will bring you out of Stealth. There is time to hit a power from within Stealth. EMP registers its damage 1.5 seconds after you first cast it. Immediately hit Stealth and you have 1 to 1.4 seconds to use another power so you have to press it fast.

I do not recommend using EMP from the Stealth tray even though that adjustment has been made. You do not benefit from a damage modifier in Stealth stance and EMP's damage is lower. Come out of Stealth then hit EMP to deal better damage.
  17. Terrencify New Player

any current loadouts ?
  18. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

this is what I'd like to know as well and possible rotations to follow.
  19. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

Im currently using:

battle display, GG, FG, CF, EMP, distract

and pretty much go left to right, and after doing 1 EMP I do distract into EMP each time distracts off cool down.

been wanting to try a stealth loadout buuuut, Im not really liking the ideal of my battle display being tied behind a power that has a cool down (stealth)

but Im needing to adjust / better my damage though. So any and all suggestions are welcomed. Possible videos of in-game footage / alerts / raid action would be awesome lol
    • Like x 1
  20. TheDark Devoted Player

I have 3 so far with EMP. The Stealth option produces more damage but that's only for players who understand mobility, distance, and are aggressive.

Below is option 1 with Stealth

Due to lag I have to make 2 videos

Below is option 2 with Battle Display
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.