The Go Go Gadget Guide to Everything Gadgets

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by TheDark, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Tunso's update sounds great! One more chance for him to finally fix EMP's name ;)
    • Like x 1
  2. Veritech Loyal Player

Moon Moon (Pulse Pulse) is here to stay. They've had plenty of opportunities to fix a simple typo.
    • Like x 1
  3. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Seems like it :(
  4. TheDark Devoted Player

Idk. If they were going to change it they would've done it by now.

I asked Tunso about Distract clip then EMP rotation and he said that wouldn't return. When the AM came out it was allowed because of the clipping rules that allowed Distract to register first then EMP would be buffed and do AM damage. At the time D3vi1 had said a Dev confirmed it was intended because of the clipping rules. The only reason Spord stopped it from working was because of that window bug where you could tag PDart and EMP in 1 rotation. I'll bring it up again though when Gadgets gets in the next update.
    • Like x 2
  5. TheDark Devoted Player

I didn't notice you message or PM til now.

For endgame content?

The standard 3PIs into EMP or PDart plus Distract will work. Just get Battle Display for power regen. For 2 or more targets, Distract into EMP, then Gauss, Fear Gas, CryoFoam then EMP and spam Gauss, FG, CF, EMP until Distract is off cool down. Gauss, Napalm, CFoam into EMP with Distract & Battle Display in there is also good on 2 or more targets.

I read in one post where someone recommended Taser Pull but if the base damage for it is understood, it's actually a loss in d.p.s. on 2 or more targets because it's single target and it doesn't benefit from the 50% PI buff. It's one of those things that's been thrown in there with other factors going off. It's not isolated damage analyzing.

For single target, Replace Fear Gas or Napalm with Stasis Field.

You can use Intimidation but only on long boss battles. Otherwise Distract is superior to Intimidation on low health or squishy NPCs.

That loadout above is simple to follow. There is one with Stealth, Distract and the 3 PI route but that'll take getting used the tagging, jumping in animation movement, and knowing where to use it.
    • Like x 1
  6. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Sounds great all around.
    • Like x 3
  7. TheDark Devoted Player

Part of me figured they would make it so you didn't have to hit any target to get tagged. Mental got that after Gadgets AM came out. I don't mind it but I liked the fact you had to understand the PIs to make something like FG work. It should definitely be easier now to just throw Gauss at any target which alone tags you then FG on someone else and just get the AM damage. We still have to apply different PIs so the good news is they haven't dumb down the AM. I'm getting on test server tonight.
    • Like x 3
  8. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Yeah it's in line with all the other changes, it will make it smoother and easier to play but also minimize required skill and knowledge. Since at least the electrify/FG interaction is (kind of) still include this update will still be a good one I think. There were lots of other changes that dumbed down the combat system but I think this one might actually make our AM more fun to play.
    • Like x 1
  9. TRELL1 Well-Known Player

Yeah not having to hit a target isn't a dealbreaker. It's more about consistency, though I'd prefer every power have to hit rather than not.
    • Like x 1
  10. TheDark Devoted Player

I threw this in the test server forum thread I started before after I ran parsers all night.

11. Karasawa Loyal Player

C'mon it's a great change. It was dumb before having your AM fail because Gauss inexplicably missed a sideways-moving target. And it was unbalanced that every other 1-2-3 AM could keep their power regen going without needing an enemy target present. It didn't add complexity, it was just an inconvenience.
    • Like x 1
  12. TheDark Devoted Player

You're still upset they haven't dumbed it down entirely to make it so that you don't need different Pi's. You just need to read my thread. Also, you completely didn't understand what I wrote. reread it carefully.

First, I said I don't mind that you can just throw a power without hitting a target. I figured when tunso said gadgets didn't have the tech the other AM's did because it was one of the first to come out that that function in the 3PIs AM would be adjusted. Which obviously makes it perform on a similar level. Again, I said I don't mind it because it's easy to come to the conclusion of just prebuffing myself before engaging a mob.

Second, I specially mentioned Fear Gas PI in there because there is a complexity to using it on Live that requires knowledge. You don't understand the PI tagging with Fear Gas. To use FG on live, you just need to hit a target that is elecftrified in order to produce the second (or third) tag of burning PI. Now, you just cast GG or Taser and use FG right after it and you'll automatically get the tag without hitting the electrified target. The fact is using FG specifically has been dumbed down with the exception of electrified effects must being used first. While it is now convienent, it is still easier for new players to the gadget powerset to use. Which is why they, or you, would highly favor it. Again, I don't mind it but I am stating a fact in the functionality and performance.

As for gauss, napalm, and other powers that can miss, it's been mentioned in this thread how that can happen.

If you're having Issues with gadget testing, just leave it to me. I know it well :)
  13. Karasawa Loyal Player

Actually, I couldn't be happier with the changes. You're the only person I know who seems even mildly salty about it. There were multiple ways in which the AM could have failed before which all stemmed from buggy PI applications, and they've all been fixed in one fell swoop!

Gauss missing on a sideways moving target, an electrified target dying before you could hit it with Fear Gas, a non-electrified target walking in front of you as you're trying to use Fear Gas on an electrified target, or the entire AM simply failing even when you did everything right because of duds. These are all worries of the past now that Tunso removed the requirement of actually hitting and inflicting a PI on a target.

You can continue to try and paint me as a Gadgets poser/noob and I'm sure you'd like nothing better than to claim all da creditz. But if you really had been the only person posting gadget parses we would never have gotten this update. I did everything I could to make videos of the EMP duds, post bug reports, and post parses that included the fact that EMP was producing duds. So no, I will not be leaving it to you. If anything you can leave it to me :p

Edit: TBH I have no problem with your contributions but I wish more of the Gadgets community had participated in balance testing. Gagdets doesnt "belong" to any one person afterall. This update is a victory for the whole community.
    • Like x 3
  14. Veritech Loyal Player

Are you serious about the FG thing?
    That seems a bit silly to electrify one target and be able to get the PI tag from a completely different target that's not electrified, so long as you use the powers in the right order.

I'm all for quality of life, but that's just quality of derp.
    • Like x 1
  15. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Yes, yes it is. I fear with ongoing time we are moving further away from actual PI towards derp territory.
  16. Karasawa Loyal Player

Sorry to say it, but Gadgets and all the other powersets stopped being complex the day they added 1-2-3-4. We are all well past the point of derping.
    • Like x 4
  17. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

You're right there, I sugarcoated it. What I meant was we passed the derp with WM and went straight to braindead with these basic advanced mechanics.
    • Like x 1
  18. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

I'll call them basic mechanics too from now on.
    • Like x 4
  19. TheDark Devoted Player

I'm not salty and clearly only someone who has understood how the PI applications work understands what I'm referring to. One individual has already commented on the change I'm referring to with FG specially. I don't have to paint you as anything considering you've already shown your limited knowledge of gadgets. Your poV is that from a causal gadgets player and mine is that of an experienced one. So I will add my valuable feedback.

You also need to read what's written carefully. No where did I take credit for discovering that bug lol. Others yes, not "yours." Infact I did let the dev know in that thread that the tagging issue with duds should be addressed before it went live. Not to mention I also know who to send bugs to directly for fixes. If you understood the report process, you'd know it can take more than one person to report consistent bugs for the devs to make immediate changes when they cannot replicate it. If you're trying to say you alone made them act, I'd find that silly since numerous people began reporting the issue once it went live.

I have yet to meet anyone who claims gadgets as "theirs." However there is a difference between players who have been playing it for years and understand the changes that occur and players who play it causally and just offer feedback with their limited experience. My credibility is pretty solid. You aren't going to have much luck damaging it if that's what you're trying to do. Many have tried, YouTube channel guys, elite league folks, and they've all failed at it.

That last post of yours is one of those things that someone does to say something without really saying anything. It's completely obvious that 1234 compared to old fashion dps is not complex. At the same time, you're talking about balance and having the same/similar functionality in d.p.s. Even though back then there was none to very little of itAmong the powersets xD Just refrain from posting in here please.
  20. Karasawa Loyal Player

The only one trying to put anyone down here is you, mate. I've no time for these popularity games. I'll continue testing as I always have and neither your attitude nor your name-calling will stop that.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.