The Go Go Gadget Guide to Everything Gadgets

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by TheDark, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Hey Dark,

With the update to Gadgets what rotations are now good viable alternative to using FG and CFoam? I am still not a fan of jump canceling with Gadgets. Is Sticky Bomb now a good option, what about Napalm grenade, or other abilities.

For your results above, is that Tunso Live test at 126 CR or live at CR 140+?
  2. The Game Well-Known Player

FG is still the quickest way to getting fast damage. The rotations people use are still viable.
  3. Shifty Committed Player

Those two powers and napalm grenade as well
    • Like x 1
  4. TheDark Devoted Player

Napalm also has a slight delay at times because of how the damage is delivered, like Sticky Bomb. If you use something like Foam or Stasis Field, which are instant registration, I found the duds happened far less likely.
  5. Shifty Committed Player

Alright ill give that a try when I get home,thanks :p
  6. TheDark Devoted Player

I also forget to write down using Foam or Stasis Field last. If you use Sitcky Bomb, FG, GG, or NG last, you might not always get a tag in.
    • Like x 1
  7. TheDark Devoted Player

Gauss, Napalm, and CFoam are also good on 2 or more targets because the burst damage on Napalm and Gauss was buffed. Just by punching in the base numbers times 2 targets shows that NG over FG independently does more damage. When you jump cancel Fear Gas you also reduce the number of ticks from 11 to 8. Napalm also produces burning DoT. Even with Explosive damage and burning, Napalm beats it with it's burst and burning when Napalm has it's normal 50% Pi buff on electrified or Frostbitten targets.

Only downside is both Gauss and Napalm can miss their targets because of how they deliver damage. If you throw them but the target moved just before you threw it you wont get credit for the tag. If you throw it and the target was still there but was moved a mili second after you should get credit. I'm still looking into this bit. But these attacks aren't instant damage that's why they can miss.

Gauss, Napalm, then Foam into EMP, Distract then EMP is slightly better than GG,FG,CFoam at base. CFoam is important because it would do more damage than a third burst attack like Vortex Cannon which just has a Pi buff and burst. CFOam would also have to go last because it's instant registration. The very first cast wont have a buffed Gauss but once the rotation is going Gauss will have it's 50% Pi buff. I started using this loadout on adds.

With Sticky Bomb and no explosive damage on FG, it will beat FG. but explosive damage is there anyway because you have to electrify a target to get a tag for burning on FG. So FG beats SB overall slightly. If you do use Sticky bomb it cannot be the 3rd power.

Just doing 3Pis into EMP/PDart then Distract reaches the damage goal set by the devs.

That was at 126cr with live test just after they fixed the power crit bonus. A few days later I ran parsers again and cleaned out duds through the combat log file which gave me results with Distract in there that met the damage goal of 35500, 30000, and 25,500.
    • Like x 1
  8. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Didn't the developers use intimidate?
  9. TheDark Devoted Player

Yes. On paper Initimdiation will register slightly more damage , or around the same range bracket. However, using intimidation in a raid (for scorecard chasing) is impractical if you understand how to net damage on the board. I went into detail with it in previous posts. It's one of those things where neither just the sparring targets or just raid instances determine balance. You can go ahead and try Initimdiation against experienced and skilled dps and watch your numbers fall simply because of NPCs cr and other factors.
  10. deathbygadgets New Player

Need a dps loadout for gu54 thanks
  11. TheNumber 2 Well-Known Player

This may have been established already, but I believe the dovetail change to EMP is causing issues with the AM. Trying to hit a power before EMP's visual effect has played out seems to result in no boosted damage. Possibly the "tagging" thing someone was talking about. This may be the reason some are seeing issues while others are not. A button masher like myself will almost always see this issue. Wait for EMP's blue ring, then start your next rotation. Hope this helps.

I've either cracked this thing wide opened or just restated the obvious :)

Edit:TL;DR Basically wait for the EMP's damage tick before spamming the next power
    • Like x 1
  12. Veritech Loyal Player

Has anyone else seen the green damage shift animation when using holo decoy?
    The same ugly green animation that brick tanks are currently seeing.

I sure hope it's not intended..
  13. TheDark Devoted Player

It may be due to that. But I've also notice the bug happen with PDart on test server and PDart didnt** have any dove tail changes.
  14. TheNumber 2 Well-Known Player

I got back on to check PDart. It can still lose its boost even without spamming anything. It may be a separate issue, I'm stumped either way. :/

Edit: UPDATE: I WAS able to make it lose it's boosted damage every time by spamming the next interaction after PDart. The issues are related, PDART just doesn't have a clean workaround. The boosted damage triggered majority of the time that I didn't spam buttons. There are still unexplainable duds with PDart though.
  15. TheDark Devoted Player

I've seen it. I haven't heard anything about it.
  16. Veritech Loyal Player

I'll see if I can replicate it and post it here.
  17. TheDark Devoted Player

I see it all the time when I pop Decoy and there's an NPC to have damage transfer. You might want to make a bug thread and put the video there to ask if it's intended. Or you can show the video to spord.
  18. Veritech Loyal Player

I've pm'd Spord, but here's a pic anyway.
    [IMG]
  19. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

ewww
  20. TheDark Devoted Player

Gadgets AM is going back to test server to get new tech added for the AM.

"An update on Gadgets and getting "duds" for AM damage, since we were looking into these; there were a few core problems that were deeper than the average band-aid type fix entails. Gadgets was one of the first AMs and has a fairly ambitious design. It actually helped us to learn what tech we needed to make the other AMs function in a more reliable and streamlined manner.

So I've spent the last several days re-implementing the Gadgets AM to use all the spiffy new technology we have, so it'll function reliably and consistently no matter how aggressively you play. This is a little bigger than a hotfix though. So this is going to make its way to the test server first, before making it to live.
    "
    -tunso
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.