The Go Go Gadget Guide to Everything Gadgets

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by TheDark, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shiny mackerel Committed Player

Maybe you know but didn't mention it, but try Flip Slash over Spin chop in single target situations for greatly reduced power consumption / improved dmg/power at the cost of a very, very minimal DPS loss.
    • Like x 1
  2. TheDark Devoted Player

I used Phase Dodge for a week and realized it'd serve me better if I added a another power to deal damage. I chose Fear Gas.
    I'd prefer CFoam but it's easier to cancel FG simply by jumping. The only time I even apply this as my 3rd DoT is on bosses or NPC's with higher health (Reavers).
    Also, I consume too much power as is playing D.P.S. Any controller who is in a group I'm in where im DPSing competitively (not for fun) with league mates hates me. Phase Dodge cost 250. I'm trying to minimize my power in. Consumables seem fit for it. I don't look at them for damage.
  3. TheDark Devoted Player

I wont dare use the staff in t2 or t3 raids for the reason you mentioned above. There, it's just race if you're competing.

A league mate has pressed the Staff on me, even before the spin chop nerf, but I kept dismissing it. The damage is good and having to work the combo provides the controllers with enough time to refill me. So you do have a point.

However, the staff and I aren't "one" yet. I still fumble with it especially when I'm dpsing competitively against players in the small league i'm in in t4 raids/ops. They rake in damage much faster than I can when I use the staff's 3 tap 2 hold clip combo. I know it's because I need more practice executing it. I mostly use it in solo content but there isn't a need to move quickly there. I use 3 players in that league as a way to measure my damage performance with powers I'm working with. The staff combo might be the solution to some of the power consumption issue with D.P.Sing to players who can pull it off.
  4. TrueMarvel New Player

I've got a question. I have finally taken Distract out of my loadout(been using it as a safety net)
    What should I replace it with?

My loadout: Napalm Grenade, Fear Gas, Intimiadation(spelled wrong), Cryo-Field, Photon Blast, Distract
  5. TheDark Devoted Player

Have you thought of Bunker Buster? I'd say try the Turret for free damage but from all the talk of the last update and the nerf to it... I don't know for sure.
  6. TrueMarvel New Player

Phase Dodge I've learned is counter productive as a Gadgets DPS. You get a slight increase in speed and overall dmg but the power consumption is to high for my taste. Gadgets is already a speedy powerset, And really doesn't need phase dodge like another powerset would(Fire).
  7. TrueMarvel New Player

I've been thinking Bunker buster.
    Turret is a no-no. Trust me. Actually went in tested it in place of distract earlier today. The free damage was OK, but as soon as I saw it die in A T3 ALERT WITH A HEALER PRESENT, it became abundantly clear just how bad the nerf was. I knew I didn't want to monitor its health constantly in raids.

Would GG be harmful to my loadout? any dots it might cancel?
  8. TheDark Devoted Player

It died in a t3 alert...

That's whats up.

GG doesn't apply DoT. As for its electrify effect consuming an already burning target I don't think it does. The burning PI DoT is nice to have as a 3rd/4th DoT but I stop caring about it when I discovered how weak the ticks are compared to our other power DoT ticks.

NG & GG are the same thing. Just apply different PI's. I personally wouldn't use them both. Unless you see it differently and just plan on applying burst hits. I thought about that before. I thought of Amon Sur and related GG > Vortex Cannon as 2 burst attacks which happen to hit the same. But then I found out the claw Amon sur does just opens up a combo or something.

In the end I just stuck with GG. I always say this but just because it didn't work for me or I didn't like it doesn't mean someone else wont find a use for it.
  9. TrueMarvel New Player

Just to put the nerf into prespective... I'm Cr 82... and I was in LOA. The turret died with a T4 healer present...

GG and NG have different power cost right? Isn;t NGs higher?

I mostly use NG for the constant quick 45%(or was it 50) modifier. If I use GG it might be for the quick burst dmg.
    Is bunker buster the best choice tho?
  10. TheDark Devoted Player

NG (360)cost more. GG is 300. NG has a 50% modifier. Both are burst damage attacks. NG just sets up the burning PI DoT directly (1 step) where as GG > CFoam/Field/Fear Gas sets up the Burning PI DoT in 2 steps.

BB would suit you.
  11. Skyris Allen Well-Known Player

With My T4 gear I got Vit and prec 4 in red sockets.Should I go straight Vit in all other sockets or should I go vit and Dom in blues and straight Vit in yellows?

Im just wondering is there a point where I stop focusing on Dom or VIt. When talking about mods should I be going even Dom and Vit4 or should be going straight Vit4 trying to build Vit high as possible?
  12. TheDark Devoted Player

After 600 Dominance, you don't any more. Unless you want to make your shields stronger and increase your heals when using powers that can give you a self heal. The Dom you have from your T4 gear is sufficient.

In blue slots, Vit & Health, Vit & Dom, Health & Precision, Dominance & Precision all work.

In your yellow slot it's up to you. You can go Vit 4 in there. I just recommend you take advantage of the Tank reserve mod to increase your power pool. You'll be able to cast just about 3 Defibs. The other option is Vit & Power and take advantage of Core Strength. Modding with Vit & Power across yellows and 2 rings will be enough for about 1 Defib.

You could also go Vit & Precision in your yellows to deal more damage as you regenerate your power back through weapon use.
  13. OmegaWarlord New Player

Ok 2 things first thanks for all your input I can see a big difference in my damage output and I've had some decent reviews from my fellow league members when doing on duty missions once they see the power output I'm capable of thanks to WoP. And second I'm still not satisfied with my loadout (not sure I ever will be lol) because I can take down enemies quite fast using CF>FG and TP>GG but its only at max 2-3 enemies if I'm lucky. So for a fourth time now I've done the re-spec and now for iconic powers I have Wop Super Str WoS Tact Genius my traps are TP FG BB GG defib and Cryo foam my tricks are SB HD (a true rip off in terms of power point use) ST and intim leaving me with 1 lonesome power point that I can't or have yet to decide on spending to further my own damage potential wisely. In my controller role I have 505 vit 879 might 104 precision and in damage role I'm showing 155 vit while keeping the same might and precision. So my question is do I go iconic which then I would choose hard light to increase my own defense or pheromone bloom to allow myself a self heal or instead decide between photon beam and cryo field to take advantage of furthering my damage out potential. I find it kinda confusing simply because I'm forced to choose between living longer in hopes of taking down enemies and taking down my enemies with the hope that I can stay alive to power my team if that makes any kind of sense
  14. TrueMarvel New Player

Good call. Bunker is situational but then again so was Distract. Fits perfectly in my loadout.
  15. TheDark Devoted Player

Are you talking damage output in controller stance, damage stance or both?

The reason you can take out 2 or 3 targets is because Gadgets is more of a single target power set. Not really ideal for numerous adds like Fire and Sorcery are. You can take multiple targets out but you would have to find powers that can deal more damage in a short amount of time while playing aggressively (D.P.S. play style). You'd have to clip power attacks into eachother and weapon combo attacks. This works better in Damage stance. You can do this as a Controller but you're not going to pull it off right away if you're new. You also can't neglect giving power out. Clipping your attacks with Defib will fulfill both your personal goal and feed the team power. Just use your weapon to regenerate power and pop soders for power if you need to.

You don't really need Super Strength unless you pick up objects and throw them at enemies. That's situational. If I remember right, if you pick up something, red stone in kan or crystal in fos2 it makes you move faster.

Before I go on which load out are you talking about? both controller and damage or just one? What's in your load out exactly?

Using pheremone bloom is a "slap in the face to your healers" if you're running group content. Once you get full t4 you won't be squishy for a majority of the content in game. One of the developers stated information on t3 armor and the percent of damage that would be mitigated for wearing it. While I doubt they said exact info on t4 values, we can assume it must be higher. Hopefully someone can confirm or show the link talking about it. Point is, you're squishy now but with t3 and t4 you wont feel it.

For now I think it might be a good ideal if you purchase the personal dampening field IV or III plan as a shield. Distract is a shield that detaunts targets locked onto you at the time you activate it. You could also use Neural Neutralizer. It has a shield and does the same amount of damage as Gauss Grenade.
  16. Duragon Committed Player

Napalm sets up burning PI, then Fear Gas does extra damage with that PI , jump cancel and at the top of the jump go Cryo-field, which reacts to both of those PI's and does extra damage on top of that wth the chance to explode them. Having 3 or 4 dudes on top of you, going NG>FG>jump and landing with Cryo-field and watching them all explode away from you is "whoa", lol. The other 3 are Intimidate, which should always be active, while Photon Blast and Bunker are situational. Side note.. Intimidate ticks damage with Photon Blast too.... so when a boss is anywhere near the 35%, it's worth your while to go Intimidate, then spam NG>PB>NG>PB>etc.
  17. TheDark Devoted Player

Just to point out here... The above is why gadgets is not cookie cutter, only a persons approach. Dismiss what you see in videos telling you something is a must.

GG and NG hit for the same damage. Both burst. It's just player choice of the kind of PI they want to take advantage of and when. along with how far down the power trees they're are willing to spec.

Although im still still looking at it, it seems the base for explosive damage isn't as high as a GG hit but might better than the Burning dot.
  18. Agnetta Dedicated Player

do you guys prefer precision or might in your yellow & blue sockets for pve dps?
  19. FeelsGood New Player

That was me a while back. Suggestion to give you is to play alot with Robin in legends pvp. It broke a lot of bad habits. Now i need to train and get better with it in prime
  20. Duragon Committed Player

Someone above asked might or precision? I've had my might to 2200 with precision around 400 and I was good but not great, and I've had my might around 1950 with like 700 precision and I was good but not great. At my best is when I'm balanced... 2050 might right now with 596 precision. It's largely based on how you play, but DOT and explosive damage come into play as well.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.